• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

What do people think about this Star Wars High Republic book? One of the LCS's in the area still has some of the ratio variants available at cover (under $20)... thoughts? Trying to find the cover I saw online but having a bit of trouble, sorry

You sure the ratio variants are cover? Although even the regular variants are worth getting at cover. Pick up a few for me. ;)

5 minutes ago, manetteska said:

You sure the ratio variants are cover? Although even the regular variants are worth getting at cover. Pick up a few for me. ;)

I misspoke, sorry. I meant they aren't marked up as much as this shop marks up ratio variants that sit... which is counterproductive which is why they have like 10 longboxes full of old ratio variants no one wants lol 

They're well above cover but they're around $17 or so

20 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I misspoke, sorry. I meant they aren't marked up as much as this shop marks up ratio variants that sit... which is counterproductive which is why they have like 10 longboxes full of old ratio variants no one wants lol 

AFAIK there are two ratio variants:

Purple cover with two figures on it (1:10)

Brownish cover with one fighter and a green lightsaber (1:25)

The 1:25 would be worth it for $17; 1:10 is selling for around $20 right now. 

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=52413491

6 hours ago, manetteska said:

This is the 1:25 variant. If you’re seeing this book for $17 buy it quickly. Completed sales on eBay $75

56F4336E-234C-4D55-91DC-846ECAB55ECD.png

7 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Buy all copies of the 1:25  for $17 each.  Completed sales from $60 to $90.

2 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

It'll probably get snapped up before I get in today as I waited until NCBD but I'll try and get it, thanks for your help!

E: Thank you everyone else as well, much appreciated!

Edited by BoogieWoogie

8 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

6 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

It'll probably get snapped up before I get in today as I waited until NCBD but I'll try and get it, thanks for your help!

E: Thank you everyone else as well, much appreciated!

Still curious how those "limited to 600" variants will do - especially if there's an animated series in the future regarding the High Republic ~

21 minutes ago, kimik said:

Aargh. I am sorry to hear that. Thank you for giving me the heads up on the Virgins from his site. 

High Republic was always a long term play. The people flipping them now will be missing out on the big gains. Disney has said it is a multi-year multi-media play all along. The first three phases have been announced from a publishing perspective, and the film/TV play is yet to come. The first HR related D+ show, Acolytes, has been announced and there will be more coming as time goes on. Buy your copies for cheap now and hold for a bit.

True, but Filoni and Favreau seem to be focused on the events after the Original Trilogy, whereas the Acolyte is a Kennedy-controlled project, for the most part ~ It's very telling that all but one show take places before the Prequels and Disney/Lucasfilm understands that the money is in Grogu (Baby Yoda) and Luke Skywalker, hence why they're staying WELLLLLL clear from that awfully-underdeveloped trilogy they cobbled together years ago - even to the point of erasing canon, such as Baby Yoda being Luke's first student instead of "Ben", for example lol

The point I'm trying to make is that although Kathleen Kennedy is the head of Lucasfilm: the buck stops at the two Bobs - Bob Iger most of all as he has greenlighting power (he greenlit the Sequel Trilogy, Solo, Mandalorian etc) ~

Another consideration is when does the Acolyte take place in relation to the High Republic and the Adventures: The Acolye takes place during the "end of the High Republic" and we know the High Republic is a 200-year-period, after the events of the Old Republic and that most of the characters are human so it's very unlikely we'll see them in that show ~

But that changes if they announce an early High Republic animated or live show - but that depends on the success of the comics ~

Edited by Bart Allen

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Also, from a DC perspective, check out FS TT 1 and then the upcoming TT Academy 1. 

FS TT 1 brings Red-X into continuity, and TT Academy 1 will introduce the character that becomes Red X.

FS Teen Titans 1 is a one page cameo last page to my knowledge.  I'm more banking on #2 cover B I think

1 hour ago, the blob said:

A BWS cover set you back what, tree fiddy?

It bounced around a little before I got it. I actually went to a HA auction in NYC, the Lithuanian embassy, to bid on it. I was outbid by Mike Burkey, so I bought the next lot in frustration (Paul Smith The Golden Age page, since sold). I eventually bought it from Burkey a few years later and it may, or perhaps may not have, been sold a few times in between. Things are not very transparent on that end, but I paid a little more for it later on that I would have if I got it at the embassy.

but as for tree fiddy...well played, well played :golfclap: