• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

cash-cow.jpg

If it was JUST raws sold it is nearly $140k total with 2500 at $25 and 1500 at $50.  And they all sold out in less than 15 mins. (5 mins for the Virgin sets and 12 for the Trade).  Not including the allocation for outside the U.S.

14 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

If it was JUST raws sold it is nearly $140k total with 2500 at $25 and 1500 at $50.  And they all sold out in less than 15 mins. (5 mins for the Virgin sets and 12 for the Trade).  Not including the allocation for outside the U.S.

Yeah, I checked on the UK ones and they sold out even quicker.

I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and didn't see the virgins were grouped with the trade dress only. Ordered the regular variant, and when I went to order the sets they were sold out. :facepalm:lol 

Edited by awakeintheashes

36 minutes ago, bellrules said:

Looks to be about what it’s going for on eBay at the moment. I’m good on those. Always hesitant to offer books up that I don’t have in hand. 

The headaches averted make up for any amount of $ I might gain, IMO

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Gleason should be forced to do web silhouette covers for the rest of eternity.  

ASM 55 is a good cover. The carnage and venom are uninspiring to say the least...

Agreed. Not thrilled about the Venom one personally...

3 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I checked on the UK ones and they sold out even quicker.

I was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and didn't see the virgins were grouped with the trade dress only. Ordered the regular variant, and when I went to order the sets they were sold out. :facepalm:lol 

It was different how they were grouped. Definitely a good time to take advantage of our resources early and have an idea of what we can make with the extras down the road. I didn't buy this venom one because I'm pretty much tapped out right now with the HR, ASM multi variants, and Death Metal 7.

Got way lucky with the HR 1 Cover A (80 copies) the day before they quadrupled in price. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Looks to be about what it’s going for on eBay at the moment. I’m good on those. Always hesitant to offer books up that I don’t have in hand. 

Around $80 for the trade version...wow.

Weird though how it seems Bagley's three Lethal Protector cover's for Venom 32 seemed to slide under the radar. I picked up 10 of all three variants (red, gold, black) and still see a handful out there. Maybe it is a sleeper cover for now thanks to Gleason meh

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Sad Lemon is a little cheaper right now until people figure out they also have them. VENOM #33 PATRICK GLEASON WEBHEAD TRADE DRESS VARIANT LIMITED TO 2500 – SAD LEMON COMICS

I've had exceptional service with this company and a few others like it. Always 9.6 and above copies of comics if your wondering. 

14 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Venom #32 Aliens Cover...Book was sleeping for the last couple of weeks but is the standout thus far, and by the looks of it, the single best of those Aliens covers that will be released.  

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=venom+32+aliens&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=venom+32+alien&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1

Damn,  if only there were some tidbits about moderns, we may have seen interest about this.

Patrick

52 minutes ago, Beige said:

2 x Vengeance #1 CGC 9.8 auctions finishing today + 2 days time - GPA high of $790+

Interesting to see how they go.

Someone stole the 1st one - $610 USD

The other is at $610 already.

The first guy had a heap of places he wouldn't sell to.

Be interesting to see if that is a factor.

He wouldn't ship to Australia - I'd have happily paid more than $610.

9 hours ago, Beige said:

2 x Vengeance #1 CGC 9.8 auctions finishing today + 2 days time - GPA high of $790+

Interesting to see how they go.

Not the only "Vengeance" popping recently.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=spirits+of+vengeance+9&_sacat=1&LH_TitleDesc=0&_sop=12&_sadis=15&_osacat=1&_odkw=spirits+of+vengeance+vengeance+9&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_stpos=11102-2541