• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, kimik said:

SW High Republic #2 1:25 Witter Variant is popping a bit now. Last couple of sales have been in the $60-$70 range, and a CGC 9.8 pre-sale went for $349.99 on eBay today. You should be able to lock them up at LCSs for less than that this far out.

It's past FOC, so the prices should be increasing a bit. First app of the Nihil and the twins will make #2 a desirable issue in the long haul.

16 hours ago, eddly said:

I ordered 10 High Republic #1s (A cover) from them. Has anyone received their order from them?

I actually didn't think my order went through until I noticed the payment being processed two weeks later. Even though I thought I set up an account with them initially, it is showing that I no longer have an account with them... even though I'm still getting their promotional emails... maybe I just ordered as a guest and didn't actually register?

They're in the UK and UK received High Republic this week not last week as the USA stores did.

Our couriers over here are struggling. Personally I didn't get my delivery from Diamond until Wednesday.

On top of that, the Royal Mail aren't delivering to certain parts of the country due to the amount of staff out with covid.

There'll be a delay :bigsmile:

13 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I ordered them as well, and had them shipped to someone I know in London, but they haven't arrived yet.

If they're in one of these postal areas, there'll be a delay.

Even Ebay are on top of this one (Royal Mail staff are getting hit with covid)

In response to limited Royal Mail deliveries to some areas, we’ve extended our buyer-facing delivery estimates for the following postcodes:

• Ashford (TN23-TN27)
  • Barnsley (S70, S71, S72, S75)
  • Basildon (SS13, SS16)
  • Bow (E3)
  • Bury St. Edmunds (IP28-IP33)
  • Chelmsford (CM1-CM3)
  • Christchurch (BH23)
  • Daventry (NN11)
  • Debden (IG7-IG10)
  • Enfield (EN1-EN3)
  • Grays (RM16-RM20)
  • Hampton (TW12)
  • Highbury (N5)
  • Hornsey (N8)
  • Horsham (RH12, RH13)
  • Ilford (IG1-IG6)
  • Leeds City (LS1-LS5)
  • Lewisham (SE13)
  • Magherafelt (BT45,BT46)
  • Margate (CT7-CT9)
  • Rugeley (WS15)
  • Somerton (TA11)
  • South Ockendon (RM15)
  • South Woodford (E18)
  • Upper Holloway (N7)
  • Wandsworth (SW18)
  • Wellington (TA21)
  • Widnes (WA8)

4 hours ago, Nazirite said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one but I sure as heck underestimated Future State teen titans 1.

It is a nice lead in to the more full Red-X appearance in #2. I placed a small order just in case, but should have gone for more.

I like the FS Supergirl cardstock cover as well. Not one to go heavy on, but the couple of copies I bought will sell fast to some regulars once shows start locally again.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:
5 hours ago, Nazirite said:

I don’t know if I’m the only one but I sure as heck underestimated Future State teen titans 1.

It is a nice lead in to the more full Red-X appearance in #2. I placed a small order just in case, but should have gone for more.

I like the FS Supergirl cardstock cover as well. Not one to go heavy on, but the couple of copies I bought will sell fast to some regulars once shows start locally again.

I sold several TTG 23s for decent change. I prefer not to put much in new DC as the company itself is not on firm ground currently.
That and there are quite a few copies out there for sale currently.

23 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I sold several TTG 23s for decent change. I prefer not to put much in new DC as the company itself is not on firm ground currently.
That and there are quite a few copies out there for sale currently.

I think that the new DC will be fine. Based on snippets that came out after the staffing changes late last year, and one of Tynion's blogs over the holiday break, it is clear that there was an old comic market vs new comic market struggle and the old guard lost. The reality is AT&T needs to keep the DC IP churning for its streaming services, and they need to dump other underperforming assets that never made any sense for them to acquire (hello Direct TV, for which they will take a huge loss on). Personally, I think it would be cool if Amazon could buy DC from them, or even Marvel in a sci-fi/comics consolidation play (although that would likely never go through from an anti-trust perspective). 

14 minutes ago, kimik said:

I think that the new DC will be fine. Based on snippets that came out after the staffing changes late last year, and one of Tynion's blogs over the holiday break, it is clear that there was an old comic market vs new comic market struggle and the old guard lost. The reality is AT&T needs to keep the DC IP churning for its streaming services, and they need to dump other underperforming assets that never made any sense for them to acquire (hello Direct TV, for which they will take a huge loss on). Personally, I think it would be cool if Amazon could buy DC from them, or even Marvel in a sci-fi/comics consolidation play (although that would likely never go through from an anti-trust perspective). 

Until the stabilize more and my shop complains less about DC I will keep shying away from investing in them in 
new issues. I am happy to continue to sell their back issues. 

AT&T is not known for making smart decisions with any property as you mentioned above. 

Just now, fastballspecial said:

Until the stabilize more and my shop complains less about DC I will keep shying away from investing in them in 

AT&T is not known for making smart decisions with any property as you mentioned above. 

Interesting. My file LCS prefers the new DC distribution system to Diamond from a customer service perspective. They do well with all publishers, but find the Lunar team way better to work with than Diamond.

Yeah, I keep looking at the AT&T dividend and think it is undervalued, but until management shows some competence I am staying away.

3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How's your Milestone collecting going? ~