• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, kimik said:
25 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Until the stabilize more and my shop complains less about DC I will keep shying away from investing in them in 
new issues. I am happy to continue to sell their back issues. 

AT&T is not known for making smart decisions with any property as you mentioned above. 

Interesting. My file LCS prefers the new DC distribution system to Diamond from a customer service perspective. They do well with all publishers, but find the Lunar team way better to work with than Diamond.

Yeah, I keep looking at the AT&T dividend and think it is undervalued, but until management shows some competence I am staying away.

I cant really use the words my LCS uses when describing them. I say that and it could be the LCS's fault you never know. All ask my other shops and see what they tell me. 

22 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:
26 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Until the stabilize more and my shop complains less about DC I will keep shying away from investing in them in 
new issues. I am happy to continue to sell their back issues. 

AT&T is not known for making smart decisions with any property as you mentioned above. 

How's your Milestone collecting going? ~

Well I just picked up another Platinum Static 1 never thought I would have the chance to get another one. 
Picked up several late Hardware issues and Long Hot City. 
Found some Wise Son issues trying to make a set just to prove I can print runs were nothing. 

28 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I just picked up another Platinum Static 1 never thought I would have the chance to get another one. 
Picked up several late Hardware issues and Long Hot City. 
Found some Wise Son issues trying to make a set just to prove I can print runs were nothing. 

Great stuff! I'm still trying to get some of the rather recent keys ~

16 hours ago, kimik said:

I think that the new DC will be fine. Based on snippets that came out after the staffing changes late last year, and one of Tynion's blogs over the holiday break, it is clear that there was an old comic market vs new comic market struggle and the old guard lost. The reality is AT&T needs to keep the DC IP churning for its streaming services, and they need to dump other underperforming assets that never made any sense for them to acquire (hello Direct TV, for which they will take a huge loss on). Personally, I think it would be cool if Amazon could buy DC from them, or even Marvel in a sci-fi/comics consolidation play (although that would likely never go through from an anti-trust perspective). 

I personally think we should be hesitant to want any more mega corporations to own any more of our beloved licenses and comic companies...just saying.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Show is interesting but I felt they overcommitted two episodes to this same concept that could have been easily been done in one episode 

I think maybe with a single episode it may have felt rushed. Considering they released the first 2 together, I'm sort of treating that like a single episode, but broken into 2 parts to show that the situation is ongoing.

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

All of that money that people used to spend on going to bars, restaurants, on vacation, or to live events has to go somewhere. Preferably, into my pocket.

I agree and both Darkstar and theBook are right. So what does this means when this settles down?

Are we converting enough that the market will equalize or are we looking at a massive drop off? 

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I about fell over when I saw the first games incased with grades. I guess if the money is there.

I was told the graded gaming market was artificially high due to a small group of deep, deep pockets several years ago and kinda soft-crashed when one or 2 stopped buying. But, it has since rebounded and gotten a larger pool of interest. If anyone knows more, feel free to correct me.

5 minutes ago, Hekla said:

I was told the graded gaming market was artificially high due to a small group of deep, deep pockets several years ago and kinda soft-crashed when one or 2 stopped buying. But, it has since rebounded and gotten a larger pool of interest. If anyone knows more, feel free to correct me.

You’re right. Also, more deep pockets are entering the market...

5CBA3EDF-0CEB-4E6A-ABD5-AC8676F81A15.thumb.jpeg.12e5bb7d5d425e7ac441951191f7636b.jpeg22D4E357-A693-4413-AD2F-A2AEE6CC9B1E.thumb.png.7f1b225fd1ce5aa74ebc41513edf7915.png

Well, I was talking about the video game graded market, but the the story is all-too familiar for anyone who follows collectables trends. thank goodness Beanie Babies were never graded lol.