• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Just now, Hekla said:

Well, I was talking about the video game graded market, but the the story is all-too familiar for anyone who follows collectables trends. thank goodness Beanie Babies were never graded lol.

Oh got ya. Yeah, @october and @Brontyare a wealth of info when it comes to the graded video game stuff. Haven’t checked the WC discussion in a while, but it’s worth a look if anyone is interested. 

20 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Show is interesting but I felt they overcommitted two episodes to this same concept that could have been easily been done in one episode 

Agreed. I thought it would be one episode per TV trope, as their reality settles in. But I also agree that if it was all in one longer episode, instead of two seperated chunks, I probably wouldn't be saying this.

16 hours ago, TheBook said:

Sports card market for the past year also send their regards.

Digglet pokes his head out of the sand to say a big hello to you all.

21 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

First Monica Rambeau as Spectrum. 

Interesting. I had read that but since it wasn't first monica rambeau outright, I didn't think it matterred. ASM Annual 16 must be going up too then (just assuming from the interest).

Edited by William-James88

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Interesting. I had read that but since it wasn't first monica rambeau outright, I didn't think it matterred. ASM Annual 14 must be going up too then (just assuming from the interest).

Annual 16. 

And since she’s been multiple heroes Capt Marvel/Photon/Pulsar/Spectrum), people are trying to hedge their bets and pick up all the first apps to be safe when she appears in Scarlet Witch and then Captain Marvel 2. 

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, manetteska said:
2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:
On 1/19/2021 at 9:22 AM, William-James88 said:

What's the reason for it?

First Monica Rambeau as Spectrum. 

Rambo GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Expand  

-999x-999.gif

@manetteska it was the only spectrum gif that I could find, the confused reaction may mean I was taken the wrong way idk, just trying to join the fun

19 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Interesting. I had read that but since it wasn't first monica rambeau outright, I didn't think it matterred. ASM Annual 14 must be going up too then (just assuming from the interest).

It is I sold 3 copies the last month or so. I always enjoyed CM loved her in Avengers, but they made her too powerful
and that was the downfall of the character I thought.

41 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

It is I sold 3 copies the last month or so. I always enjoyed CM loved her in Avengers, but they made her too powerful
and that was the downfall of the character I thought.

How many "firsts" are there between the two female Captain Marvels?

Well Monica Rambeau from memory has been changed twice. She changed to Photon and then to Spectrum. I am 
not sure if she is still Spectrum or not. Those are the 2 I remember.

On 1/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Annual 16. 

And since she’s been multiple heroes Capt Marvel/Photon/Pulsar/Spectrum), people are trying to hedge their bets and pick up all the first apps to be safe when she appears in Scarlet Witch and then Captain Marvel 2. 

Annual 16 is the only one that counts. The one I probably have 10 of. And then her solo one shot and then when she joins the Avengers. I have a bunch of those too. And when she becomes a viking god in Thor 339, that's a big key too.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

Annual 16 is the only one that counts. The one I probably have 10 of. And then her solo one shot and then when she joins the Avengers. I have a bunch of those too. And when she becomes a viking god in Thor 339, that's a big key too.

Interesting and thank you. I just bought thor 339 and didn't know that other than the first storm breaker 

It's good to know. The annual I have 2 or three, still only vf. Congrats on 10 copies, hope that turns out in your favor! In the captain marvel movie the young girl is named Monica, that's about the only thing I vaguely remember from theovie that was an "easter egg" of sorts.

Not a bad theatrical and the the Stan Lee cameo was fun

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I'm convinced that the one-shot and the rando Captain Marvel mini-series published in the 90s were solely because Marvel had to publish something to keep the Captain Marvel trademark.

8 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Well Monica Rambeau from memory has been changed twice. She changed to Photon and then to Spectrum. I am 

4 times: Captain Marvel>Photon>Pulsar>Spectrum.  ASM Annual #16>Avengers:Unplugged #5>New Thunderbolts #9>Mighty Avengers vol 2 #1

10 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting and thank you. I just bought thor 339 and didn't know that other than the first storm breaker 

It's good to know. The annual I have 2 or three, still only vf. Congrats on 10 copies, hope that turns out in your favor! In the captain marvel movie the young girl is named Monica, that's about the only thing I vaguely remember from theovie that was an "easter egg" of sorts.

Not a bad theatrical and the the Stan Lee cameo was fun

If it was a $1 or less Spiderman book from the 80s I bought it if I saw it if I had the money. 

4 hours ago, kairos70 said:
13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

4 times: Captain Marvel>Photon>Pulsar>Spectrum.  ASM Annual #16>Avengers:Unplugged #5>New Thunderbolts #9>Mighty Avengers vol 2 #1

Nobody likes a know it all. :p