• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Hulk 43 still seems like it's hanging strong.  I don't have any trouble finding that book though for cheap. 

DD 26 on the other hand, not so much (dropped in price; I'm also still able to find these easily too). 

Patrick 

How many you want? Diamond still have them

dd.jpg

6 hours ago, TheSpud said:

How many you want? Diamond still have them

dd.jpg

Hello

That was my point, I can find it everywhere and people hardly care about it anymore.  The hotness of that book is gone.  Understandably so as it shouldn't have been hot to begin with.

Patrick 

It's happening!  It's happening!   X-Force #1 poly-bags with the Deadpool card are taking off.

The Impel Marvel Cards from the early 1990's are exploding in value.  Sealed boxes and highly graded cards from the 1990 set are going for $1000+.  

The X-Force #1 Deadpool card is considered his "rookie".  Search your old long boxes.  There is minor treasure in them their boxes.  You might even see if you have any perfectly centered cards from the 1990 Series 1 and 1991 Series 2 cards.  They are definitely worth more than all of those worthless sports card from that era.  1990 Donruss anyone?  :p

21 minutes ago, CDaBruce said:

It's happening!  It's happening!   X-Force #1 poly-bags with the Deadpool card are taking off.

The Impel Marvel Cards from the early 1990's are exploding in value.  Sealed boxes and highly graded cards from the 1990 set are going for $1000+.  

The X-Force #1 Deadpool card is considered his "rookie".  Search your old long boxes.  There is minor treasure in them their boxes.  You might even see if you have any perfectly centered cards from the 1990 Series 1 and 1991 Series 2 cards.  They are definitely worth more than all of those worthless sports card from that era.  1990 Donruss anyone?  :p

Are you the guy who was trying to sell an x-force 1 with the deadpool card for $200 on facebook?

Just now, the blob said:

Are you the guy who was trying to sell an x-force 1 with the deadpool card for $200 on facebook?

Nope.  Don't even have a facebook account.   I think I might have one copy of this with the Deadpool card but I'm going to have to search.  

36 minutes ago, the blob said:

So these two and the one in the back are hot? 

20210212_161136.jpg

Those 2 yes, there are others that are non Newsstand that are hot as well, idk the issue numbers, seems like 1sts after issue #170

1 hour ago, pkveronese said:

What's up with the UPC sticker on the back of Love is Love? Is it on just the first print? Does it affect the CGC grade?

Keeping in mind that the second printing was released first - the first printing was distributed through diamond with a sticker on the back cover. The Census is really weird when you look up the book - the key notes for the second print appear on all of the printings according to the census so I am not sure how they are graded.

2 hours ago, CDaBruce said:

has the world gone insane?

Edited by thehumantorch

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Wow

The card market is in a very unhealthy and unstable moment right now But, if you’ve got the goods, get the $. 

Whoever is buying in now is probably the same set of people who were left holding the GME bag. 

6 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I think the card is going for like $75 at the moment. Last I checked at least. 

I have a stack of these that I opened a few years ago so that the bag wouldn't leave a crease on the book. When I read Blob's post that they were hot I was pissed, then I looked and the card by itself is fetching more than the sealed comic w/card in many instances. Got to love it!!

12 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Wow

people are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons. these were everywhere for $4-10 a couple of weeks ago. i corrected people when they said it was worthless bird cage liner, it isn't, but seriously, what's going on is insane. nobody is paying $200, but still. this book/card combo probably had a 400,000 print run (I assume 400,000 each for the other cards). I have always bought them when I see them, now i have to find mine.

37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Those 2 yes, there are others that are non Newsstand that are hot as well, idk the issue numbers, seems like 1sts after issue #170

I went through a magazine box packed (even on the sides) with spawns. tons of $10-$20 books, $25, $50, $75, $100 ... the book on the right is theoretically $200-300...crazy ... I found ONE newsstand (issue 112). Yes, 1/4 of the box was overstock from my LCS.. he always had spawns that did not sell on the rack even during the super low print run era... 1/4 were books bought in the early 90s off a different comic shop rack when i was (gasp) actually reading spawn (and my brother was too). the other half were bought at cheap boxes at shows, etc. The Killing Children Virgin cover I bought at Midtown for cover price. I thought it looked cool and there was a little buzz that moment. It is like $75-100 now, yikes. they had a limit of 1 per customer. i should have gone back again and again, but, honestly, they are very good about selling good books at cover price and not jacking them up ebay prices on wed afternoon, so I don't want to abuse the system.