• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

30th anniversary this year

Time to start pulling those out! Amazing how the last few years many 90's-ish comics (in general) have made a comeback. Not complaining at all - just wish some of them I didn't sell off in the latter 2000's. Usagi Jimbo being one of them...ugh. However, I was happy to have had an ungodly amount of Venom and Spawn 1's locked away.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

8 minutes ago, comixry said:

Never know...at some point in the (distant) future Disney will have to scrape the bottom of the barrel. I can see Disney+ as a place to experiment some of their properties.

Well it was one of the first (if not the first) 2099 titles. I guess Drekky McRavage could heat up if they did something with that line.

I can’t believe I just typed that. 

4 hours ago, bellrules said:

Actual first appearance of Omega Red in pin up apparently 

When is a pin up an appearance? Eternals images were in the announcements pages in marvels months before Eternals 1. I'm sure there are many others.

24 minutes ago, RickSp said:

It’s all. Gone. Insane....

Getting to the point of just creating a collectible out of anything you can get into CGC / PSA quick enough!

I used to think people investing in stuff like this was dumb, but then I realized people are pouring billions of dollars into companies that have never shown a profit in their entire existence. It's all about brand awareness.

On 2/12/2021 at 11:47 AM, CDaBruce said:

It's happening!  It's happening!   X-Force #1 poly-bags with the Deadpool card are taking off.

The Impel Marvel Cards from the early 1990's are exploding in value.  Sealed boxes and highly graded cards from the 1990 set are going for $1000+.  

The X-Force #1 Deadpool card is considered his "rookie".  Search your old long boxes.  There is minor treasure in them their boxes.  You might even see if you have any perfectly centered cards from the 1990 Series 1 and 1991 Series 2 cards.  They are definitely worth more than all of those worthless sports card from that era.  1990 Donruss anyone?  :p

I picked up a couple sets of loose X-Force promo cards from a "baseball card" shop in the 80's. Unfortunately I sold them a couple years ago, along with a 1991 Impel Marvel complete set, loose and sealed packs. Timing is everything and mine is way off at times... but who would have thought? Still have a small stack which includes covers of Hulk 181, ASM129 and Wolverine Limited 1. Now time to check all the polybagged X-Force 1's

17 hours ago, littledoom said:

I can see X-Men 1 being a $30 comic when buyers realize it’s Omega Red’s first appearance 

Only the gatefold one. I brought that up before but got ignored (in copper)

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I wasn’t aware cover C also has it

i have about 40 copies of the gatefold somewhere 

Yes, cover C has it, but the gatefold in addition to the pinup has a "Jim Lee sketchbook" page that shows Omega Red too.

IMG_6487.jpg

This is bad. Usually I am all for stuff selling, but for the last __ years there has some borderline rationality. Stuff popped particularly when there wasn't a ton of them. Most 90s glut books had an upper limit. The hobby has made rarity important. Variants, 9.8s, low print run. And there is a rationality to that. This turns all that upside down.