• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

H.R. Pufnstuf. :sumo:

20210218_143410.jpg.30923b5f214037506d20663ee0080966.jpg

you better watch your mouth, don't disrespect Puff'N'Stuff!

That was my first "concert" or live play; we traveled 45 minutes to Garden State Arts Center (now PNC) and saw the stage show. Witchiepoo scared me! I was about 4 years old.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

you better watch your mouth, don't disrespect Puff'N'Stuff!

That was my first "concert" or live play; we traveled 45 minutes to Garden State Arts Center (now PNC) and saw the stage show. Witchiepoo scared me! I was about 4 years old.

Definitely was not disrespecting H.R. Pufnstuf. Littledoom mentioned Fritz the Cat being way before Bluntman and Chronic.  I was merely stating that H.R. Pufnstuf shouldn't be glossed over.

1 hour ago, comixry said:

A bit off topic but is it just me or were people really lanky back in the 70's and 80's? 

I think everyone just got fatter.

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

In an email today from Key Collector they stated: "Disclaimer: Key Collector Comics is not owned, compensated by or affiliated with Bad Idea."

They also said this:

• They announced last week that they would have to allocate orders of the first print by 50% but would be sending already printed Not First Printings, with all the story pages, in place of the missing copies (essentially admitting that publishers print later printings at the same time). [emphasis mine]

And...

• They are also forcing shops to limit sales to "one copy per customer" and telling them that they "Must be sold for no more than cover price for 30 days from street date" to prevent speculation.

And...

"When we reached out to Bad Idea for comment they responded by sending this: "We will only speak to employees or representatives of the great Wizard Magazine: The Guide to Comics. No one else."

They literally sent that to us. They then also tweeted it for some reason like a weird war cry aimed at no one in particular."

??? Bad Idea O.o
Edited by jcjames

3 hours ago, littledoom said:

Wow House of M 1-8 a $100 set. who would have thought... they were solid $1 books for years..... Secret Invasion 1-8 is probably a bargain right now.. Avengers 1 2010 Heroic Age also.. if X-Force 1 can blow up w a cold character imagine what BP son can do...

How much of a cameo is 1? I have a 6 but haven't picked up a 1 yet. 

14 minutes ago, jcjames said:

They also said this:

• They announced last week that they would have to allocate orders of the first print by 50% but would be sending already printed Not First Printings, with all the story pages, in place of the missing copies (essentially admitting that publishers print later printings at the same time). [emphasis mine]

And...

• They are also forcing shops to limit sales to "one copy per customer" and telling them that they "Must be sold for no more than cover price for 30 days from street date" to prevent speculation.

And...

"When we reached out to Bad Idea for comment they responded by sending this: "We will only speak to employees or representatives of the great Wizard Magazine: The Guide to Comics. No one else."

They literally sent that to us. They then also tweeted it for some reason like a weird war cry aimed at no one in particular."

??? Bad Idea O.o

The not first printing will have something extra according to Dinesh. 

3 hours ago, jcjames said:

They also said this:

??? Bad Idea O.o

Good idea: tweeting out to your comic fans

Bad idea: tweeting out to your comic fans that you refuse to ever talk to them 

7gfg7surpqm21.png