• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
54 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I see boxes of WD everywhere of it now until I get to about issue 15 or so then it gets
thin. If you believe in it now would be a time to buy because its cold in general.

115? The first 15 books are not usually that plentiful in dealer stock...

I think I typed it wrong. It should have said I find boxes of WD everywhere until I get to the 
first 15 issues then it get thin. Poorly worded on my part. :facepalm:

A nice raw newsstand copy of Captain America 6 sold for $410 earlier today. Full disclosure I do have one for sale and several others in the pc. 

Maybe I’ll list my Infinite Crisis 5 Newsstand since it’s selling. Have to check prices first. 

13 hours ago, Corona smith said:

A nice raw newsstand copy of Captain America 6 sold for $410 earlier today. Full disclosure I do have one for sale and several others in the pc. 

Maybe I’ll list my Infinite Crisis 5 Newsstand since it’s selling. Have to check prices first. 

I have a newsstand 14. Might be time to pull that out of the box.

off hand question but how tf do you all keep up with what is selling on ebay? im trying to sell off my collection and instead of searching for everything i have to see sales id love to know what currently is hot so i can get in on the action if i have it.

also, if you use gemini comic boxes who is the cheapest to buy from? my stock of mycomicshop boxes ive saved up is dwindling and they get them specialty made from a company in TX. 

throw me a bone would ya?

23 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

off hand question but how tf do you all keep up with what is selling on ebay? im trying to sell off my collection and instead of searching for everything i have to see sales id love to know what currently is hot so i can get in on the action if i have it.

also, if you use gemini comic boxes who is the cheapest to buy from? my stock of mycomicshop boxes ive saved up is dwindling and they get them specialty made from a company in TX. 

just follow these heating up threads and the posts.. users do a pretty good job of reporting comics heating up promptly

41 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

I would tell you not to use gemini's because they are weak in the corners. But if you are going to, make sure
you re-enforce them with cardboard below and above them as another layer of protection. 

Where you cant to wrong it using cardboard that is larger then the comic all around by at least an inch more if 
you can. You can even order sheets like that, but I am too cheap and cut my own.

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

I would tell you not to use gemini's because they are weak in the corners. But if you are going to, make sure
you re-enforce them with cardboard below and above them as another layer of protection. 

Where you cant to wrong it using cardboard that is larger then the comic all around by at least an inch more if 
you can. You can even order sheets like that, but I am too cheap and cut my own.

Highly recommend Papermart out of Los Angeles. Order the 200# 9x12 cardboard. @divad turned me on to them - you'll NEVER go back.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

do you recommend anything like gemini? i only used it because its the only one i am aware of that has the folding insides. mycomicshop has great shippers but i dont want to pay the prices to have the company manufacture them for me. other shipper boxes ive seen are just that small boxes which are too big for a lot of my purposes and too small for others.