• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I liked that set, but why are they heating up. 

There's not many Dr Doom solo books outside of the expensive FF series keys.. Reminds me of when Blade the Vamp Hunter 1 from the 90s heated up... yet blade had numerous series.. 98/99 w multiple var covers as well as a 2000s MAX one.. Dr Doom on other hand had a 4 issue series in the 90s.. that one is a cheapo set

12 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

do you recommend anything like gemini? i only used it because its the only one i am aware of that has the folding insides.

In Canada, there is the Uline S-164 magazine shipping box. 11 1/8" x 8 5/8", flexible depth of btwn 1/2" to 1" so fits max 5 raw comics or about 4 mags.

57 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Highly recommend Papermart out of Los Angeles. Order the 200# 9x12 cardboard. @divad turned me on to them - you'll NEVER go back.

Which category is that specific item under? I've been searching the site but there are countless choices. Thank you!

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

Highly recommend Papermart out of Los Angeles. Order the 200# 9x12 cardboard. @divad turned me on to them - you'll NEVER go back.

agreed Papermart cardboard sheets are the best out there by far.  I have been using them for over a decade.  Other suppliers I have tried have really bad sheets in my experience.

12 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Which category is that specific item under? I've been searching the site but there are countless choices. Thank you!

https://www.papermart.com/p/brown-corrugated-sheets-pads/4652

Unfortunately they are out of the smaller sizes, and have been for a couple months.  I get the 8.5 x 11 from them and am hoping they come back in soon as I'm getting low.

5 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

https://www.papermart.com/p/brown-corrugated-sheets-pads/4652

Unfortunately they are out of the smaller sizes, and have been for a couple months.  I get the 8.5 x 11 from them and am hoping they come back in soon as I'm getting low.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Aside from Static, keeping an eye on ICON 1 believe it or not....never would have thought lol

What I read suggests there are plans to bring back all of the first four Milestone series (Static, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate), but only Static has a film project in the works. Icon 1 has a preview for Static which is probably why that's getting hot. Blood Syndicate would probably make a good television series.

5 hours ago, NWOslave said:
5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I would tell you not to use gemini's because they are weak in the corners. But if you are going to, make sure
you re-enforce them with cardboard below and above them as another layer of protection. 

Where you cant to wrong it using cardboard that is larger then the comic all around by at least an inch more if 
you can. You can even order sheets like that, but I am too cheap and cut my own.

do you recommend anything like gemini? i only used it because its the only one i am aware of that has the folding insides. mycomicshop has great shippers but i dont want to pay the prices to have the company manufacture them for me. other shipper boxes ive seen are just that small boxes which are too big for a lot of my purposes and too small for others. 

I don't recommend any mailers. I think they are cheap junk that have come bent to me at least a dozen times in the last 2 years. 
New sellers use them and its a waste.

Nothing beats pure oversized multi sheets of cardboard. Nothing

Edited by fastballspecial