• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't recommend any mailers. I think they are cheap junk that have come bent to me at least a dozen times in the last 2 years. 
New sellers use them and its a waste.

Nothing beats pure oversized multi sheets of cardboard. Nothing

Yep. And Costco gives away free double-wall corrugated cardboard... FREE! All you want and they restock their piles every day! 

20210224_160007-1.jpg

5 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I ordered some corrugated cardboard off ebay and was kind of disappointed honestly. I'm going to have to use 4 sheets per bookdoh!. I will definitely try papermart next time @FlyingDonut. Thanks for the tip. 

You need 4 sheets per shipment minimum anyway unless we're talking about heavy appliance thickness cardboard. You can get away with 3 until like the 50th shipment and then something goes wrong.. I used to do 4 in an envelope, but I ultimately decided hoping envelopes wouldn't tear apart was a pain and I went with geminis with a sandwich inside (which is what gemini suggests anyway). my 2 sheet sandwhich is sufficient. This is for raw books, of course. Would I send a $500 raw book in a gemini? Probably not. But with my sandwhich inside the whole thing seems pretty sturdy. If someone is going to run over it with a car nothing is going to help it.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

You need 4 sheets per shipment minimum anyway unless we're talking about heavy appliance thickness cardboard. You can get away with 3 until like the 50th shipment and then something goes wrong.. I used to do 4 in an envelope, but I ultimately decided hoping envelopes wouldn't tear apart was a pain and I went with geminis with a sandwich inside (which is what gemini suggests anyway). my 2 sheet sandwhich is sufficient. This is for raw books, of course. Would I send a $500 raw book in a gemini? Probably not. But with my sandwhich inside the whole thing seems pretty sturdy. If someone is going to run over it with a car nothing is going to help it.

mmm-sandwich.jpg

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't recommend any mailers. I think they are cheap junk that have come bent to me at least a dozen times in the last 2 years. 
New sellers use them and its a waste.

Nothing beats pure oversized multi sheets of cardboard. Nothing

I always use oversized multi sheets of foam board. It costs more but definitely is smoother and stronger.  :baiting:

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Same. Geminis are perfect if you package correctly. The problems happen when the book just slides around inside the mailer. It’d be the same as just throwing a comic in a box with no protection. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

Yes but you have to cut it. I will gladly pay someone else to do that for me.

I buy target's scotch 18x18x16 boxes and cut them up myself. I get 12 sets of 2 cardboard sheets for each box and can double those up for more sturdiness. But if that papermart supply ever comes back, I'll gladly switch.

45 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I buy target's scotch 18x18x16 boxes and cut them up myself. I get 12 sets of 2 cardboard sheets for each box and can double those up for more sturdiness. But if that papermart supply ever comes back, I'll gladly switch.

Why pay for boxes when they have tons of them for free if you ask? 

Is it time for the I-pack-the-best oneupsmanship posts already?? Okay, then.

It all starts with freshly felled redwood tree and a saw mill. Then [...3,000 words later...]. And that's how I safely pack each and every comic I have ever sold, whether they cost a penny or oodle-thousands.

13 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

Is it time for the I-pack-the-best oneupsmanship posts already?? Okay, then.

It all starts with freshly felled redwood tree and a saw mill. Then [...3,000 words later...]. And that's how I safely pack each and every comic I have ever sold, whether they cost a penny or oodle-thousands.

Hard to beat this! lol

See the source image

5 hours ago, jcjames said:

I'll cut it and send it to you... if you pay me! (thumbsu

Done. I need 1500 9 1/2 x 12 inch 200 pound corrugated cardboard sheets. I just bought that quantity and shipped to my house was $306. Cannot be off-sized. If you're serious, I'll happily source from you.