• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Does anyone think there may be a market for keeping books like UF4 polybagged, like there are for some 90's books and some of the comics sold in multi-packs in stores? I have a really nice copy that I think could score a 9.8 but it's still sealed and eventually there will be very few sealed copies out there since everyone is getting theirs graded...

hm

... am I just talking myself into buying another UF4? :pullhair:

11 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Done. I need 1500 9 1/2 x 12 inch 200 pound corrugated cardboard sheets. I just bought that quantity and shipped to my house was $306. Cannot be off-sized. If you're serious, I'll happily source from you.

I will do that in about 30 hours and I charge $90 per hour. If you're serious, I'll happily get started on that order. If that's too much for you let me know.

9 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Does anyone think there may be a market for keeping books like UF4 polybagged, like there are for some 90's books and some of the comics sold in multi-packs in stores? I have a really nice copy that I think could score a 9.8 but it's still sealed and eventually there will be very few sealed copies out there since everyone is getting theirs graded...

hm

Overall, I've had much more success selling graded comics at much higher prices than the polybagged counterparts. Though quite a few years back there were some buyers who wanted some polybagged versions related to Death of Superman.

11 minutes ago, jcjames said:

I will do that in about 30 hours and I charge $90 per hour. If you're serious, I'll happily get started on that order. If that's too much for you let me know.

I'll pay $306. Ship FedEx Ground.(thumbsu

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

That's craziness for a character that has only like 100 appearances and no presence in other media.

There’s speculation he’s the engineer in Wanda Vision is the reason for the increases. This books been expensive for some time. 

Updated the values on CLZ today and saw Thrawn #1 had a huge jump in 9.8

Raw copies still sell around $15-30 but 9.8 is selling between $320-350 that's a massive difference could be a good oppurtunity to pick up some cheap raw copies for grading.

5 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

hm

If it has a legitimate shot at 9.8 get it graded now before something happens to it that a press won’t fix.

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

There’s speculation he’s the engineer in Wanda Vision is the reason for the increases. This books been expensive for some time. 

Even if that proves to be true, I cant see this issue skyrocketing more. The theory being proven true might get it a small bump again but this is crazy for this issue, imo.

Much better books out there for half that with much better reliability. 

3 hours ago, fastballspecial said:
5 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Thats quite a stretch. For that type of money.

the engineer was revealed last week

it wasn't him :tonofbricks: