• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, divad said:

:gossip: What if #114 :gossip:

:whee:

This book is a historical yo-yo (TM pending).

Goes up, crashes, goes up, back down. 

But I like those books because you can get them for cheap and sit on them for awhile. 

Patrick

10 hours ago, the blob said:

ahhg, he appears before that in final crisis 7, which i am pretty sure i don't have. blech!

So what makes people think they are going to use a black Superman?   I mean couldn’t they use a Superman from another universe who is white?  So they may cast another white dude to play Superman.  Or did I miss something? 

We will see a black James Bond before we see a black Superman. If we do though, it will be something like Miles Morales, not the original story so they can have both. Problem is that connection of current Superman to his own history and his audience. The goal is to get more people to see it so trying to diversify could alienate some people from going. Spider-man did it perfectly imo.

On 2/25/2021 at 2:43 PM, the blob said:

I sandwhich the comics in between two sheets of 1/4 inch stainless steel. i wrap that in bubble wrap and do another stainless steel sandwhich. I then ship the comic inside a 1500 pound steel safe that is wrapped in bubble wrap.

The tree fiddy shipping method.

6 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

We will see a black James Bond before we see a black Superman. If we do though, it will be something like Miles Morales, not the original story so they can have both. Problem is that connection of current Superman to his own history and his audience. The goal is to get more people to see it so trying to diversify could alienate some people from going. Spider-man did it perfectly imo.

He is Earth 23, so yeah, he is Miles Morales, basically, except a grown man (is he also president?), and DC came up with him before UF # 4...

So my New 52 Action #9s should be worth like $500 each, right?

Edited by the blob

5 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

So what makes people think they are going to use a black Superman?   I mean couldn’t they use a Superman from another universe who is white?  So they may cast another white dude to play Superman.  Or did I miss something? 

With the Multiverse, it seems anything can happen. Endless permutations of Superman. Will TV/movie viewers understand it? They got the spidey cartoon as a primer. While DC has usually used dopplegangers (or close to ... Supergirl has never really been Powergirls less busty clone in my eyes), I'm not sure they always have. And Marvel usually doesn't at all.

6 minutes ago, the blob said:

He is Earth 23, so yeah, he is Miles Morales, basically, except a grown man (is he also president?), and DC came up with him before UF # 4...

So my New 52 Action #9s should be worth like $500 each, right?

Have they retconned Nubia to be Earth 23 Wonderwoman or is she still Diana's black clay sister?

9 hours ago, divad said:

:gossip: What if #114 :gossip:

:whee:

the problem is, while there will no doubt be (and are) chlldren of the heroes popping up in the comics, they won't be these kids... she hulk and hawkeye aren't having a kid, captain america and rogue won't, and human torch and the wasp????? so while the names may be the same, the back stories will be wildly different.

what if 105 makes sense because that character is actually spider-girl and she had a long running series, etc. no way any future sarah rogers is going to be rogue's daughter. cap doesn't rob the cradle!! in the movies or TV we're gonna have a grandchild at this point and perhaps a middle aged child (and maybe they don't age that much due to soldier serum ... cap looked great for a 95 year old in End Game, the serum shaves like 20-30 years off) [Falcon and WS has peggy carter's blonde grand daughter, right, who was in some movies?]

21 minutes ago, the blob said:

peggy carter's blonde grand daughter, right, who was in some movies

and in some comics too! Sharon Carter is awesome in the comics (Waid run for me) and in the movies too. She even kissed Cap at one point, and then they made him her likely grandfather!

8 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

That discussion could be its own thread, but it probably would not last long...

4 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

That discussion could be its own thread, but it probably would not last long...

There have been black kryptonians for a while. That on an alternate krypton it was a black kryptonian who shot their kid off into space before the world blew up hardly seems crazy. 

6 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

How is the last ronin 1 still expensive? Hoping to pick up a few copies when it cooled down... instead it's even more expensive now

lol I have 66 bus days to wait once it's received for like 3 copies to be graded of that book haha

still....... it's delivered but not ........ received yet :sumo: