• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

I hope none of you are bidding on the timeline variants on eBay for high republic 1. Someone submitted coverless copies and they didn’t realize it was missing the front and back cover and gave it a 9.8. Sellers acting like he doesn’t know what’s going on and is calling  it a Timeline Variant.  On top of the counterfeit bad idea ashcans they didn’t catch I’m getting my books done elsewhere. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333905462203

So an incomplete comic that should be  low grade and worthless gets the highest possible grade? Biggest scam I've seen in a while 

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I hope none of you are bidding on the timeline variants on eBay for high republic 1. Someone submitted coverless copies and they didn’t realize it was missing the front and back cover and gave it a 9.8. Sellers acting like he doesn’t know what’s going on and is calling  it a Timeline Variant.  On top of the counterfeit bad idea ashcans they didn’t catch I’m getting my books done elsewhere. 

But it's got a first apparence at least

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Seller Updated 

A1976BDE-E85C-4ABA-8D9D-FCBF0FCB1F65.jpeg

57 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Seller Updated 

A1976BDE-E85C-4ABA-8D9D-FCBF0FCB1F65.jpeg

And how many bidders are going back in and reading a description on an item they already read and bid on? After some collectors assisted? BS as well. The guys also selling the the non reader exclusive that the coverless copy came with. He should end the auction and clearly state what it is. 

Edited by Corona smith

24 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

And how many bidders are going back in and reading a description on an item they already read and bid on? After some collectors assisted? BS as well. The guys also selling the the non reader exclusive that the coverless copy came with. He should end the auction and clearly state what it is. 

He’s going to get fees for ending early but he should just cancel bids.

16 minutes ago, comixry said:

Brisk sales on Spider-Man India #1 as well as the set of all 4 issues. Anticipation of Pavitr Prabhakar to appear in the next installment of the Spider-Verse movie.

I remember liking that character in the 2000s

7 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Phil Noto cover?

It's not his best work........

On 2/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, carter3175 said:

A 6.5 is almost selling for $1200

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Fallout-4-Variant-Marko-Djurdjevic-Miles-Morales-First-Appearance-CGC/193908144164?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

Amazing and funny at the same time. :insane:

Is there another modern book at that grade selling for that much?

I actually just bought this for my son!! Absurd how high I had to go to get it too but this isn’t a book I bought to flip or anything this is a keepsake for his collection and I figured at this point i am not going to get one under 2K unless it’s an italian version. Man i hate the modern market now that I’ve got him his UF4 and UF4 variant im gonna go back to my WWII superhero book collecting at least those make sense to me!! He also loves Blue Beetle thank goodness i had already bought him his first app!! 

Sold 3 Earth 2 #25 for $50 each and still getting requests for more. I've made my money on them considering I paid $1 for them but not sure I want to sell the rest. I know an LCS that has a couple more copies of the book so will go through on the weekend and grab those, hopefully by then the book has gone up more :p

Edited by IbukiLord

54 minutes ago, IbukiLord said:

Sold 3 Earth 2 #25 for $50 each and still getting requests for more. I've made my money on them considering I paid $1 for them but not sure I want to sell the rest. I know an LCS that has a couple more copies of the book so will go through on the weekend and grab those, hopefully by then the book has gone up more :p

Bet it’s one of the things you’ll miss most when you move. You get great books at very low prices constantly. I’m a bit jealous. 

Edited by Corona smith

52 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Bet it’s one of the things you’ll miss most when you move. You get great books at very low prices constantly. I’m a bit jealous. 

For sure but on the plus side I'll be able to use ebay without paying a fortune in shipping and import costs and not having to worry about the truck being hijacked which happens constantly :p

Plus I have loads of books which sell on ebay for hundreds that I can't sell here so looking forward to offloading those.

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I actually just bought this for my son!! Absurd how high I had to go to get it too but this isn’t a book I bought to flip or anything this is a keepsake for his collection and I figured at this point i am not going to get one under 2K unless it’s an italian version. Man i hate the modern market now that I’ve got him his UF4 and UF4 variant im gonna go back to my WWII superhero book collecting at least those make sense to me!! He also loves Blue Beetle thank goodness i had already bought him his first app!! 

I placed 1 bid on it and was blown out of the water.  Grats to you and your son!!! 

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Mystery Men 1 is a great book!

8 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Im kicking myself on this one. Normally, I dont look back at books that I made a profit, but I sold my signed 9.6 some time back for like $700. Obviously now, that was a bad decision. My thinking was that the prices wouldn't go up a lot more after the movie. I was so wrong. Badly.