• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, warden5523 said:

no surprise there

Agree, I looked and no stores in my area ordered any per their website.

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Even one of the "not first print"s sold for stupid money. Which is particularly stupid, because they're not going to differentiate between later printings, and that's the only way they're going to be reprinting it, so those should be available indefinitely.

Isn't the "not 1st prints" a different title color with black instead of white?

2 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

$300 to $400. lol

Yeah, I see some selling for $1000. My thought is that after this craziness is over, they will go for a lot cheaper. Im sure there are tons out there.

36 minutes ago, littledoom said:

What’s the books that r heating up? 

6 books:

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street

If I Ran the Zoo

McElligot’s Pool

On Beyond Zebra!

Scrambled Eggs Super!

The Cat’s Quizzer

The headlines seem to be misleading. The books aren't actually being banned (many libraries are stating they will still check them out, for example), but they are not being printed any longer.

IMO - If you have them, sell now and buy back later when the frenzy dies down.

10 minutes ago, Hekla said:

6 books:

If I Ran the Zoo

McElligot’s Pool

On Beyond Zebra!

Scrambled Eggs Super!

The Cat’s Quizzer

The headlines seem to be misleading. The books aren't actually being banned (many libraries are stating they will still check them out, for example), but they are not being printed any longer.

Or, just don't buy them back. Unless you really want them

Just now, littledoom said:
1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

I have one of them...

image.thumb.jpeg.68c171e15352eef8b6e2eb415e4fada7.jpeg

Expand  

What years? These are moderns? 

you should check the thread in comics general

Dr suess specifically called out by ebay

2 hours ago, Hekla said:

6 books:

If I Ran the Zoo

McElligot’s Pool

On Beyond Zebra!

Scrambled Eggs Super!

The Cat’s Quizzer

If I knew where my copies in storage were, I would.  But I don't want to go digging right now.

I don't have the individual editions, but I do have "Six by Seuss", which includes "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street"; and "Your Favorite Seuss", which has Mulberry Street, "If I Ran the Zoo", and "McElligot's Pool".

Agreed, the money being changed hands for these books right now is just stupid.  They've all been in print continually for decades, they're not and never will be terribly scarce.  Although I suspect "The Cat's Quizzer", which is a Beginners Book and the only one I hadn't heard of, might be at least slightly harder to find than the rest.

For genuinely harder to find Seuss material I'll keep my (reissue) copy of "The Seven Lady Godivas" and this little gem...

Omnibus_Boners.jpg

Omnibus_Boners_int.jpg

2 hours ago, carter3175 said:

Wasn’t the point of this publisher to get comics in the hands of “real” fans and not exploitation via the secondary market? Seems their bizarre rules and printing techniques did just the opposite...

8 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Wasn’t the point of this publisher to get comics in the hands of “real” fans and not exploitation via the secondary market? Seems their bizarre rules and printing techniques did just the opposite...

Shocking. Nobody could possibly have seen that coming.

lol