• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

At a shop today, overheard the owner talking to someone about Eniac. I had no idea what he was talking about until reading up on it here. Paraphrasing, he said something to the effect of "This guy said he got two copies. I own a shop, and I only got one!" 

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

At a shop today, overheard the owner talking to someone about Eniac. I had no idea what he was talking about until reading up on it here. Paraphrasing, he said something to the effect of "This guy said he got two copies. I own a shop, and I only got one!" 

Was he one of the original 100 stores that they were working with on the launch? 

On 3/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, littledoom said:

I can see Adventures of Superman 500 being the next book to pop. 1st Steel... why recast a black Superman .. there’s already a Man of Steel

If Adventures of Superman 500 pops the bubble will burst. I have been in back rooms of stores with multiple unopened cases of Superman 500s.

14 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

If Adventures of Superman 500 pops the bubble will burst. I have been in back rooms of stores with multiple unopened cases of Superman 500s.

Sounds an awful lot like the Impel Marvel Universe Series 1 trading cards? hm

15 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Tell that to X-Force 1 :gossip:

8 hours ago, bb8 said:

Tell that to X-Force 1 :gossip:

no, only 1/4 of the copies of x-force 1 and only those that never got opened and had the card removed, so we're only talking about like 300,000 copies.

9 hours ago, kimik said:

Was he one of the original 100 stores that they were working with on the launch? 

I’m not sure, I just overheard that bit of conversation when I walked in the shop. They had a “Bad Idea Comics” sign/poster thing hanging up behind the register, so maybe?

9 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

It really is insane how may copies of that book are still sitting in cases. 

10 hours ago, kimik said:

Why does that matter if they ordered it? So they did intentionally create an allocated / short print?

34 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
9 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

It really is insane how may copies of that book are still sitting in cases. 

I remember seeing unopened cases of Adventures of Superman #500 (white bag!) on Ebay and there were no bids because the cost of shipping was higher than the reasonable selling value of the books inside the case.

3 minutes ago, Hekla said:

speaking of large print runs materializing into money, whatever happened to the boardie who bought a pallet of Spawn 1 for a couple of hundred bucks?

Is this the one hoping for a 9.9? Or a different story

when I was buying it a few years ago I got about to 80+ copies then the rumors of a new movie came out and decided to liquidate 

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

when I was buying it a few years ago I got about to 80+ copies then the rumors of a new movie came out and decided to liquidate 

I don't think he was intending for a 9.9, he just came across a deal of literally a pallet of Spawn 1, thousands of copies, at a time when they were selling for pennies on ebay. IIRC, we was hesitant to buy because they were so worthless at the time. Can't remember his name, but his avatar was R2D2 playing guitar.

Edit - His name was accessndx

Edited by Hekla

11 minutes ago, Hekla said:

speaking of large print runs materializing into money, whatever happened to the boardie who bought a pallet of Spawn 1 for a couple of hundred bucks?

how many in a palette?

28 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I think it was @newshane who was buying the cases of Spawn looking for 9.9's, is that right? I know he had a pretty amazing collection for sure. I enjoyed those stories. Was never a Spawn guy, but I admired the dedication.