• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

And another ASM cover that's doubled in price at the moment...

SM V Lee.jpg

How do people even get a hold of these things before release? I can never figure out how people know these are coming or find a place to pre-order. They just seem to appear out of nowhere but with a crazy price tag!

5 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

I wish I could I'm shocked at this price but it's the new norm. Just crazy.

The success of the MCU is unstoppable so any popular character that hasn't appeared yet is seemingly money in the bank.

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

House of Mystery 1 2008

Thanks. 

Bit surprised, I thought this book was pretty bad when it came out.  Alas, quality isn't typically the measuring stick.

Patrick

8 hours ago, RickSp said:

How do people even get a hold of these things before release? I can never figure out how people know these are coming or find a place to pre-order. They just seem to appear out of nowhere but with a crazy price tag!

Some of the sites I use to stay on top of some of these are Comics Elite, Sad Lemon Comics, Golden Apple Comics, Unknown Comics, and the list goes on. I just check the emails they send which usually have announcements for a specific date and time certain variants go on sale. Sometimes I get lucky enough to grab some right when the sale starts - sometimes not and have to search other comic sites to see if any are left.

14 hours ago, littledoom said:

Could be a $40-50 book when the show is out

anything could happen, i agree, but why now? this didn't happen when he was the co-star of a billion dollar movie. i am sure i have a bunch of them, so I'm hoping you're right, and being a high print run 90s book doesn't seem to matter anymore...

of course, 1st winter soldier was like $25-50 when there was a WINTER SOLDIER movie and now it is $100+ for a tv show, so none of this makes any sense

18 minutes ago, the blob said:

anything could happen, i agree, but why now? this didn't happen when he was the co-star of a billion dollar movie. i am sure i have a bunch of them, so I'm hoping you're right, and being a high print run 90s book doesn't seem to matter anymore...

of course, 1st winter soldier was like $25-50 when there was a WINTER SOLDIER movie and now it is $100+ for a tv show, so none of this makes any sense

Wandavision finale post credits scene 

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

Also movies are one and done.. these shows have a long life of about 2-3 months for live hype

16 minutes ago, Rip said:

Final Crisis 7 is now a $700.00 book in 9.8 dang. Things move quick. Now I gotta go digging again.

problem is it will take 6 months to get mine to/from cgc, so raw it goes...

1 hour ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Some of the sites I use to stay on top of some of these are Comics Elite, Sad Lemon Comics, Golden Apple Comics, Unknown Comics, and the list goes on. I just check the emails they send which usually have announcements for a specific date and time certain variants go on sale. Sometimes I get lucky enough to grab some right when the sale starts - sometimes not and have to search other comic sites to see if any are left.

Just had a nosy at the Sad Lemon Comics page and saw this ASM 62 on there in various forms. Playing the variant game can be dangerous, so many good looking covers!

5 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Thanks. 

Bit surprised, I thought this book was pretty bad when it came out.  Alas, quality isn't typically the measuring stick.

Patrick

Funny, I thought the book was pretty good myself.  A good little detour from Superhero books for me when it was coming out.  The eye of the beholder.

1 hour ago, gradejunky said:

Funny, I thought the book was pretty good myself.  A good little detour from Superhero books for me when it was coming out.  The eye of the beholder.

I wanted to like it.  I'm a huge Willingham fan.  Even picked up the #1 variant.

I only hung on for about 6 issues before dumping it.  Maybe it got better.  

In all honesty, I have high expectations for Vertigo books.  

Patrick

On 3/5/2021 at 7:17 PM, followtheleader said:

I got this off the rack in 2004.  Bet I sold it in bulk for pennies. 

Can't believe how many I'm realizing I gave away for nothing.  Up until 2020, there were hardly any.  Since, yikes.

Patrick

In case anyone wanted to see some of what is inside.

Thinking it's selling low right now.  1st Young Avengers, 1st Ronin, and one other thing I'm not seeing mentioned.  House of M and it's specifically the Witch having and losing the kids.  Damn.  Pretty sure it's around the 1st Extremis Iron Man armor. Unbelievable 2 page Black Panther spread.

May be the best accumulation of art by multiple artists in a preview.

Lack of Hawkeye Lady is a bummer.

NOTE: I need to check on Ronin.  Pretty sure there was a cover with Ronin on #1 and this looks to have come out around the same time.  By the way, not sure why everyone is saying Ronan.  I don't recall seeing it spelled that way (thought that was the villain).

Patrick

20210308_171225.jpg

20210308_171142.jpg

20210308_170947.jpg

20210308_170944.jpg

20210308_171022.jpg

20210308_170934.jpg

20210308_170926.jpg

Edited by followtheleader

3 hours ago, the blob said:

gas is rapidly approaching $3 a gallon so the loonie should start being worth something again

It has been doing a very steady climb the last few months and briefly hit 80 cents today - the highest it’s been since 2017.

Indeed our economy is still very dependent on oil prices.