• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Captain America #25 Is slowly rising in price. We all know its going to happen guess everyone has to see it before they jump on.

fleabay

Sam Wilson #3 is ON FIRE

fleabay

X-men #4 Price is on the rise.

fleabay

Can someone tell me who are these people paying $150 for Eniac #1 White Logo. This has Epic Fail Written all over it.:baiting:

Better than paying that for the black logo

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

Captain America #25

I remember when that barley sold for $12-15 back in September.... initially I was thinking the #25 death of 2005/2006 Brubaker but Sam Wilson... don’t forget Sentinel of Liberty 8 & 9 which happened almost 15 years before #25

I know of an LCS in my area that prices very few of their back issues, but the price you get is very hit or miss. They look it up and quote the near mint price as relevant when it is a good- and then ask VG/F price...No thanks! (thumbsu

They do the same thing at cons too...and they always seem to be busy but I don't get it.

On 3/16/2021 at 7:48 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I went to a store once in Iowa that had books priced at "Percentage of NM Overstreet". I bought a Magnus Robot Fighter 1 for "2%" just because I couldn't imagine what that price would be.

I think I bought that copy from you!

26 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Cheap $1-2 copies are still available, doesn’t look like anyone’s willing to pay more than $5 for it

200.gif

A beater copy, maybe, but a VF/NM or NM? 

:gossip: https://www.ebay.com/itm/JLA-12-1ST-APP-HOURMAN-1997-VF-NM-9-0/363325746410?hash=item5497e6ecea:g:TdEAAOSwxCZgUkBB

:gossip: https://www.ebay.com/sch/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=jla+%2312+hourman&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_BIN=1

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 3/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, manetteska said:
On 3/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, FlyingDonut said:

I went to a store once in Iowa that had books priced at "Percentage of NM Overstreet". I bought a Magnus Robot Fighter 1 for "2%" just because I couldn't imagine what that price would be.

Was the store in a basement?

No silly, Iowa  :banana:

41 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm not impressed by a rare newsstand copy selling briskly for $15, that should be at least 30 minimum .. ive never cared for hourman im sure not many do

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I'm not impressed by a rare newsstand copy selling briskly for $15, that should be at least 30 minimum .. ive never cared for hourman im sure not many do

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Just giving a heads up to anyone with copies. I own none. 

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

lol

9 hours ago, HotKey said:

Marvel #6 1:25 cover just released is already $100+

There is a store in my area that priced that one at $125 out the gate lol

And I have been back to the shop where I got those Marvel Voices. I picked up a few Batman 102s and the owner was like, "We have way more of those in the dollar bins if you want em" so I think it's no hard no foul :bigsmile:

Same shop had the 1:25 design variant for Batman 105 just sitting out with the other copies. Got it for cover price. Comics just aren't their main business, they carry them but don't seem too interested in them I guess? They had gotten a shipment of Pokemon cards in while I was there and damn near every employee was fussing over sorting out who had preordered boxes of cards lol 

Does anyone think the Last Ronin Director's Cut might have legs? I figure it has a smaller print run but I don't know if orders were due in before #1 was a hit or not anyone know?

Edited by BoogieWoogie

On 3/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, Wolverinex said:

Nope, my shop has a little scanner that prices every back issue off the last ebay price.  Once they started that, I stopped going

LMAO, I never heard of such a thing. My LCS does not scan books.