• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TheSpud said:

Why is everyone saying Sentinel of Liberty #9 when clearly it's not.

cap.png.954d78387106b5df56f07fbce3d41c23.png

abcde2.jpg

He is just putting on a discarded costume from a costume shop. This does not make him captain america he can say anything he wants.

Again I put on a Batman costume and say i'm Batman it doesnt make me Batman. It makes me a guy dressed up as batman.

Its Official in Captain America #25 

1 hour ago, siro123 said:

He is just putting on a discarded costume from a costume shop. This does not make him captain america he can say anything he wants.

Again I put on a Batman costume and say i'm Batman it doesnt make me Batman. It makes me a guy dressed up as batman.

It’s still a good book to have. AF14 is the first Peter Parker

14 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Some of those Valiant Nintendo books sell for a ton in high grade. There's someone on the Facebook Valiant Buy/Sell group selling up a big batch of them right now.

I upgraded my 9.0s to 9.6 this year and posted the extra here with no takers at $75, sold it on ebay in a few hrs at $99.  I am sure it's not the same for everyone but I am finding that I am getting faster sales even when priced higher on ebay (I try and give the board members the 20% or more I am paying to evilbay) as I would rather sell the books here. 

s-l1600 (1).jpg

7 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

The first appearance Video Game character books have been trending up for awhile now.  Mortal Kombat, various Nintendo characters, I have even sold some Malibu Street Fighter books.  

I did very well (I think) with some Mortal Kombat sales this weekend:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/Collectibles/1/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=mortal+kombat&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=1&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=11102&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=marvelgeeksaremypeeps&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

13 hours ago, brentdevil said:

What's special about this one? That it's also the 700th issue if they hadn't renumbered?

13 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Yeah some of the books they add are questionable at best. I mean just because a book has a low print run doesn’t  mean it should be something to pick up. 

Are you not aware of the content of the book? I liked it for a while then they launched the New Agents of Atlas which was confusing as to why they would have two almost same teams.

14 hours ago, manetteska said:

But why now?

Some made up news about Jim Carrey and Deadpool 3.

18 hours ago, followtheleader said:

DD 9 is such a great book.  Echo and Mack! Totally agree, even $10 was a push for a bit. 

I'd be buy Berserker if it was about the band from Clerks.  

Patrick

But what about 10 tho...hm

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Are you not aware of the content of the book? I liked it for a while then they launched the New Agents of Atlas which was confusing as to why they would have two almost same teams.

Some made up news about Jim Carrey and Deadpool 3.

But what about 10 tho...hm

Daredevil #10 is her first cover appearance. Or are you of the mind that appearing in 8 separate pages in multiple panels with an origin in Daredevil #9 doesn’t count as a first appearance? Asking seriously because some of the speculation sites are trying to claim #10 is her first appearance. 

3 hours ago, siro123 said:

So let me get this straight...

Sam Wilson is Captain America.   

He puts on a Captain America "costume", holds Caps real Shield & he's not Captain America?

You realise Steve Rogers Cap outfit wouldn't fit him right? So he'd have to get a new one.

Also if Bruce Wayne wrecks his batman costume & grabs one temporarily from a costume shop

so no-one knows it's him is he no longer batman?

1 hour ago, TheSpud said:

So let me get this straight...

Sam Wilson is Captain America.   

He puts on a Captain America "costume", holds Caps real Shield & he's not Captain America?

You realise Steve Rogers Cap outfit wouldn't fit him right? So he'd have to get a new one.

Also if Bruce Wayne wrecks his batman costume & grabs one temporarily from a costume shop

so no-one knows it's him is he no longer batman?

If you read the entire story you would know. When cap comes back he has his shield with him and smashes the fake shield while fighting falcon.

Falcon is using the costume and shield they guy throws out of the costume shop lol. 

Read the story.

cap 2.png

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

Daredevil #10 is her first cover appearance. Or are you of the mind that appearing in 8 separate pages in multiple panels with an origin in Daredevil #9 doesn’t count as a first appearance? Asking seriously because some of the speculation sites are trying to claim #10 is her first appearance. 

Yes, she is in a number of panels and named in #9.

2 hours ago, williamblood said:

that book has so much potential. with the cast and crew they put together, has everything they need to be hbo's next massive hit

Its is very hard to find. I am going to regret selling a Raw 1 for $100 a few months back, but its hard when you pay $1 and not
want to take the easy money.

20 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its is very hard to find. I am going to regret selling a Raw 1 for $100 a few months back, but its hard when you pay $1 and not
want to take the easy money.

I had a LOT of this.  Then I couldn't hardly give it away, which is pretty much what I ended up doing.  Sure wish I had those now.

Patrick