• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

When Valiant made Unity #1 returnable, after shipping they offered a special variant if books were not returned. That seems like a good idea here as well, especially if stores already made their money by selling all of the incentive variants. You could give the book away to your customers and still do well (or drop them all in dollar boxes)

I am convinced seeing a billion copies of some book in the dollar box is a super quick way to kill any interest in regular issues of the title moving forward. Better to give it away or age it in the back for years. If the title actually becomes a smash hit then the now worthless books are sellable. Who pays to return 965 unsold copies of this book though when a store orders 1000 of them?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I am convinced seeing a billion copies of some book in the dollar box is a super quick way to kill any interest in regular issues of the title moving forward. Better to give it away or age it in the back for years. If the title actually becomes a smash hit then the now worthless books are sellable. Who pays to return 965 unsold copies of this book though when a store orders 1000 of them?

I imagine the store pays for the return shipping, so they're still losing out there. And depending on where they're located, it my not be worth the storage space to age them for ten years.

5 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Did you see there were 8 bids on the Spawn 1?

Also, they had an Action 683 9.8 that sold for $485!!!

Pretty sure the Spawn 1 was either shill or just bid with no real intent of payment.  It was a gag listing. Pretty sure they have done this to help pull buyers in like free advertising.  Then you check out what else they have..  

The Action 683 has been selling for around there in 9.8 and they had several listing all related to Supermans Death that all sold for decent amounts, but not outlandish. 

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

well, deluxe edition, super rare ... not

isn't there a giant spine tick in the middle? how is that a 9.8? or is that just a reflection?

Edited by the blob

10 minutes ago, littledoom said:

It’s not a book you can find in the dollar section, maybe close to a decade ago

I never said it was. It is a super common book though. And while it has a black cover, I don't understand why a 9.8 would get that kind of money. I'm not scratching my head over $250. I'm scratching my head over $1K.

41 minutes ago, BishopT said:

I saw a raw Wolvie 88 that sold for over $100, the other day.

Yep.

Edit: now that I’m looking, MULTIPLE sales over $100 for a raw copy.

I see one $120 BIN that looks dubious. The book doesn't even look that great. The copy that sold for $20 around the same time looks better.

I suspect (know) I own a few of these, but that, assuming they'd always be worthless, I did not bag and board them, so they're $15 copies now.