• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, eddly said:

To stay on topic, xforce 11 in 9.8 has quietly ~doubled in price in the last month. Maybe one of the last key moderns to do so.

:facepalm:

Like I've said previously, these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons don't even know what they're buying, let alone why. X-Force 11 is nothing, definitely not a key, though I guess it at least has Deadpool on the cover. (shrug)

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I mean, I guess at least it's a reveal?

Yeah, I shouldn't have said that it's nothing. It is a notable issue, but still not key and definitely not what some people claim.

5 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I honestly prefer the forums at comics heating up. A big group of active collectors, flippers and speculators sharing info. I get a ton of info on their forums. If you’re over there I’m ToddW. I get almost as much info here but it’s like family over there. 

I’ve followed the boards there and the other spec site. Both forums I guess serve a purpose, but they are essentially this thread and only this thread. So, I guess if you only care about moderns heating up, or specing on books, those may be the places to go. I’ve seen a lot of pumping and dumping that goes unchecked, which wouldn’t fly here (less so on CHU).

I don’t think there is another site that comes close to the amount of information and connections that are available at your fingertips on these boards. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

16 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I’ve followed the boards there and the other spec site. Both forums I guess serve a purpose, but they are essentially this thread and only this thread. So, I guess if you only care about moderns heating up, or specing on books, those may be the places to go. I’ve seen a lot of pumping and dumping that goes unchecked, which wouldn’t fly here (less so on CHU).

I don’t think there is another site that comes close to the amount of information and connections that are available at your fingertips on these boards. 

I wish more times those other sites would grant us credit for some of their information. I know for sure that many of those article pulled the information from here.

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I wish more times those other sites would grant us credit for some of their information. I know for sure that many of those article pulled the information from here.

Unlike other websites that post regularly at a daily time, books that suddenly explode are posted here in real time.. 3pm or 3am

20 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

I don't know where that's from, but it's ridiculous and very wrong. The real Domino appears for the first time in X-Force 8. Period.

I've been up and down my stairs all day pulling books. 

If I have to go into my X-force stuff again (Deadpool card) I'm going to be disappointed 

I totally understand why X-Force #8 should be the first appearance, however I buy comics to collect them, not to read them. Over 35 years ago I first got into sports cards, I tried to complete sets and to acquire as many rookie cards as possible. I have been collecting comics for over 30 years, its all about collecting the comic for the cover, its significance and its value. Similar approach as sports cards. Yes, I don't read comics, and you know what, who cares! As long as CGC notes X-Force #11 as the first appearance, guess what, that is the comic I'll buy and apparently I'm not the only one.