• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, eddly said:
58 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

We do this Domino thing every single year...

I should have just said xforce 11 is going up, wasn’t aware of the response I’d get when I inferred it was a key... moving on... 

Nothing wrong with thinking a particular book is a key but when you're taking CGC's word as gospel on the subject.....well that's not what they're in business for.

7 hours ago, Kramerica said:

Okay..... Well, this is the company I work for.  Arsenal Comics & Games. eBay User Id: arsenalcomics I graded these books, oversaw the listers who created these listings and oversee the shipping department. Nobody is pulling any funny stuff but I have sent out numerous invoices to 0 feedback bidders lately. That's not how I choose to live my life or conduct business. So you can call dubious if you like but the last two months has been one wild ride of stuff selling for crazy money and things like Steranko Strange Tales issues selling for just $6.00.

But please, I'm here if you have any questions.

Well, my focus was on the 0 feedback bidder not the seller. Inexperienced ebay bidders may not know how to determine the average recent sale price of an issue. FOMO could kick in and cause them to bid more than the current value.  One auction doesn't establish a pricing trend especially when similar sales(active & sold) suggests otherwise.

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

Love that cover! Under appreciated!!!!

That's a crazy price as stated earlier but a book that can still EASILY be found in dollar bins and is always an easy seller for me at $10 and will sell for $15-20 if really sharp and I don't mind waiting, 

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

That's a crazy price as stated earlier but a book that can still EASILY be found in dollar bins and is always an easy seller for me at $10 and will sell for $15-20 if really sharp and I don't mind waiting, 

Thor 429 vs Juggernaut is a cool cover. 

Edited by littledoom

1 hour ago, the blob said:

That one has doubled or tripled for raws in like a month. Do they think they are going to make a Power Rangers movie that someone over 8 will be able to watch?

It was a longtime scoffed at $5-10 comic that many gave little to no thoughts about. I have a hard time putting my copy in Mylar but it’s hard to not w current raw prices. 

Nightwing #78 sold out and has moved to a second printing. On NCBD I picked it up, looked at it and put it back on the shelf.:facepalm:

Taskmaster #3 1st print still selling well after selling out. It also went to a second printing. Same scenario on NCBD.doh!

Nottingham #1 from Mad Cave is smoking. 2nd printing is forth coming. Never saw it on any shelves on NCBD.(shrug)

Just now, littledoom said:

It was a longtime scoffed at $5-10 comic that many gave little to no thoughts about. I have a hard time putting my copy in Mylar but it’s hard to not w current raw prices. 

when I looked it up a month ago it seemed like a viable $20-25 books, but mine was signed so I tossed it out there and sold it for a nice price well beyond that. But now the price I got for the signed copy is at the low end for unsigned raws, all in 3 weeks. I have another copy, so that's going up. I think it helps that this is the first U.S. comic appearance outside of the free underwear comic. There was a long thread on that. Of course, power rangers is not exactly a property that means anything in comics.