• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Didn't Dominoe show up in one of those Cable files pages in an earlier issue than #8?  

I vote NM 98 for her first appearance even as a likeness, similar to how Avengers 83 is Valkyrie first.

Arguably that's her on the cover, if not actually her in the story.

1 hour ago, eddly said:

Was the desired result achieved this time around?

I simply mentioned that sales for X-Force 11 in 9.8 are increasing, actually doubled, in the last month. I then concluded by saying it was one of the last modern keys to do so.

The next response I get is from GeeksAreMyPeeps and he states that "There's nothing "key" about X-Force 11.

OK, but that actually isn't true. CGC (and several other sources) have made X-Force 11 a key regardless of whether they are right or wrong to do so. I too do not agree, the key for the character "Domino" should be NM 98 and I agree the key for Neena Thurman as Domino is X-Force 8. I didn't challenge this though.

I then clarified my point of view in my next post by insinuating that there are multiple keys for Domino. Perhaps I should have been more clear, I wasn't challenging which issue was the singular key for Domino's first appearance, I stated that there are multiple keys for Domino. Again right or wrong, there are multiple keys for Domino's first appearance.

Next is Lazyboy's response where he says the following:

Is your post directed at me or comic buyers in general? Your post comes across as very condescending and really out of nowhere. Before posting on the forums should I be familiar with everything you have posted before? It is clear that your frustration is being carried over from previous conversations that you have had on this topic which I was not part of (I have since gone back and read the relevant thread on this from I believe from 2015). My original post is mentioning that it is increasing in value, I did not intend to infer that X-Force 11 is the singular key for Domino's first appearance. I only intended to get the point across that its value has increased relatively substantially over the past month. It even had a $420 sale over the weekend. Yes I did mention that it is a key because it is. Again, there are a few sources that declare it to be (I'm not debating whether they are right wrong). Clearly the market in general at least partially accepts it as a key for it to be worth more than X-Force 8. Reading your response again, while I initially thought you were targeting me specifically I see now that you probably weren't, just the market in general.

To clarify my point, I posted a reference to the three key issues for Domino. This then set off some personal attacks towards me. Your initial response was fine, again, I'm not arguing that X-Force 11 is the first appearance over X-Force 8. 

Jeffro. insinuated that I might be punking the boards. Not really doing that no, my initial post highlighted rising sales for X-Force 11. I see now that mentioning that this book as a key at all triggers some people, OK, I see that now. We all define keys differently I guess, I don't rely on CGC as the sole source for determining what a key is, but as the leading grading company, it is reasonable to conclude that they have a say, even if they have incorrectly defined a book to be key. Until they remove that label, it is a "key".

Your next point Lazyboy inferred that I am illiterate, drooling and something else that was censored... perhaps you are crossing a line there? You make it clear that you are directing this at me in your next post when you state that you hope I wasn't being serious. What could I be joking about? I stated sales. It is increasing in value which is on topic for the thread. Whether you like it or not, based on all sources available, there are some sources that have X-Force 11 as a key, again, right or wrong, it is what it is. I also don't agree with this classification, but here we are. 

Again, maybe personal attacks are not necessary? Anyway moving on, curious to see if it continues to increase in value over the next month. If I bring it up again, I will refer to it as a Deadpool appearance.

For the record, my comment about the book not being a key was not meant as an attack, just a clarification of the facts. And I would say that rather than 'Until [CGC] remove that label, it is a "key"' it might be more accurate to say that until CGC remove's that label, some people will treat it as a "key".

Either way, thanks for the heads-up on the sales results. I have a few of those around somewhere.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

1 minute ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I don't know why all of that copy changed to strikethrough, or why I can't fix it.

Actually I figured out why. Still not sure how you avoid creating a strikethrough formatting tag when you intend to show an S in the copy surrounded by brackets.

41 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Actually I figured out why. Still not sure how you avoid creating a strikethrough formatting tag when you intend to show an S in the copy surrounded by brackets.

Send me your login info and I’ll fix it 

4 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

So, what's the deal with Xforce 11?

Some insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are falsely claiming that it's the first appearance of Domino and other insufficiently_thoughtful_persons are blindly believing them and paying ridiculous money for copies of the issue.

4 hours ago, eddly said:

Is your post directed at me or comic buyers in general? Your post comes across as very condescending and really out of nowhere.

Reading your response again, while I initially thought you were targeting me specifically I see now that you probably weren't, just the market in general.

Correct. I was repeating something I posted a little while ago about the current insane market. If it happens to apply to you, that's all on you.

4 hours ago, eddly said:

Yes I did mention that it is a key because it is.

No, it isn't. Money does not make keys.

4 hours ago, eddly said:

Your next point Lazyboy inferred that I am illiterate, drooling and something else that was censored... perhaps you are crossing a line there? You make it clear that you are directing this at me

You may have inferred that, but I didn't imply it. That was about the people claiming X-Force 11 is Domino's first appearance, because they're clearly incapable of reading and understanding stories.

Although, if you just choose to not read comics but still make claims about their content, that's really no better.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Correct. I was repeating something I posted a little while ago about the current insane market. If it happens to apply to you, that's all on you.

No, it isn't. Money does not make keys.

You may have inferred that, but I didn't imply it. That was about the people claiming X-Force 11 is Domino's first appearance, because they're clearly incapable of reading and understanding stories.

Although, if you just choose to not read comics but still make claims about their content, that's really no better.

I said he'd have this problem because of not reading and he took it that I said he couldn't read.

We know he can read, understanding, well of that I'm not sure

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Didn't Dominoe show up in one of those Cable files pages in an earlier issue than #8?  

Yes, there was a "Cable Guide" bio page for Domino in X-Force 6.

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I vote NM 98 for her first appearance even as a likeness, similar to how Avengers 83 is Valkyrie first.

A character design is not a character.

Looks like I'm not going to able to grab any more reasonably priced copies of this from Mile High (one of the few books that wasn't ridiculously jacked up), since they raised the price from $6 to $27, so I might as well let the cat out the bag.

With the popularity of Boom's new Magic the Gathering Comic, some of the old Acclaim comics are getting more attention. 9.8s of Shadow Mage (the first Magic comic) have sold for over $300. But there is a preview of it in the Valiant Free View, which can still be found cheaply on eBay, and you know how some people view previews.