• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

so just looking at an old message from May 2015 when I sold a boardie 3 Ultimate SPiderman 4s for $35 includiing shipping and I say this: "they'll probably be $50 a pop by the time they get to you." ... When I am thinking these things I probably shouldn't be selling the dang book at the price I am selling it!!!!

On 3/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I know Rob gets a lot of now but when he first appeared I don’t remember anyone talking all this smack

I disliked his work when I first saw it in the nineties. I also disliked Jim Lee's work, which is better drawn but a similar style.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

so just looking at an old message from May 2015 when I sold a boardie 3 Ultimate SPiderman 4s for $35 includiing shipping and I say this: "they'll probably be $50 a pop by the time they get to you." ... When I am thinking these things I probably shouldn't be selling the dang book at the price I am selling it!!!!

I feel the same way. Sometimes I sell books that I know I probably shouldn't, then I kick myself later.

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

I would get over that. That’s part of the hobby. Value appreciation 

1 minute ago, littledoom said:

Depressing desperation sales to pay bills. Would have been better off selling more $2 books and putting more work into it.

3 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Yeah, generally, its not a big deal. Lately though? With these prices? Wow. I sold a lot the past 2 years for a house downpayment. Had I waited until now, $80,000+

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

amen, I had no idea 1st black winter crashed that hard. Let that be a lesson to people who pay top dollar for new books. 

Glad it's dropping, but it's still too much. 

Lowest I see for asking is $50, most are still $65 or more. 

Sure would like to get one some day, but not spending that even if for my collection. 

Patrick 

21 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, generally, its not a big deal. Lately though? With these prices? Wow. I sold a lot the past 2 years for a house downpayment. Had I waited until now, $80,000+

It's depressing to think about the $50-$100K I am down from selling stuff too early and the buying opportunities I passed on, but it's not like I even thought about buying Apple at 30 cents - $1 a share for the nearly a decade its price was seriously depressed. I could be retired and genuinely rich, not just comfortable, if I had just been putting my fun money into Apple during those years. 

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

It's depressing to think about the $50-$100K I am down from selling stuff too early and the buying opportunities I passed on, but it's not like I even thought about buying Apple at 30 cents - $1 a share for the nearly a decade its price was seriously depressed. I could be retired and genuinely rich, not just comfortable, if I had just been putting my fun money into Apple during those years. 

If you’re able to replenish your inventory then you should be worry free. LCS owners don’t balk at their past sales. 

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

If you’re able to replenish your inventory then you should be worry free. LCS owners don’t balk at their past sales. 

I can't and don't. I can relish with stiff that hasn't popped or just popped, but never keys. I have owned most 5-25 years, the SA book mostly from 1993-2000.

Most of the top 10 hottest books right now, Ive had/sold within past couple years. You name it, I probably had it. Stings now just because of the hot market. In the end, no one's fault but my own. I know others are in the same boat. Better a hot market than not I guess.

21 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Most of the top 10 hottest books right now, Ive had/sold within past couple years. You name it, I probably had it. Stings now just because of the hot market. In the end, no one's fault but my own. I know others are in the same boat. Better a hot market than not I guess.

Yes. I just wish I had sold the cheap stuff before the good. Yes, some garbage has popped too.

I usually do too but I was looking for quick low hanging fruit to pay bills. The last 2 or 3 years I have finally been in a decent spot financially. I also didn't believe these books could have this sort of upside. I was wrong. I also tended to sell books I had made a nice profit on. The boxes of mid grade run filler DC and second tier marvels I had paid 25-40% of guide for thinking I had gotten a deal had not really appreciated. I am shocked that the second appearance of stiltman has not exploded. So I sold the winners and kept the mediocre performers and assumed movie hype would just create temporary blimps rather than new permanent base levels. I had it all backwards. My saving grace was I bought a ton of 70s-2000s books for nothing as well. 

Edited by the blob

32 minutes ago, littledoom said:

if I have multiplies i sell the lowest condition copy first then as times goes by the better copies as they increase  in value 

or he could sell all of them to the Spawn King of Chicago 

13 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

or he could sell all of them to the Spawn King of Chicago 

I might have given you a $500 early easter present last week. That's fine, you're good people. Of course, it might be down $500  by the time it comes back from cgc.

Edited by the blob