• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

With Walking Dead, it took a while for all boats to rise. My recollection is the introduction of Michonne that drove the back issue market crazy; that book ballooned to like $300 raw and it seemed like every issue in the first 70 or so was suddenly at least a $15 dollar book. After that, show introductions dominated issues that popped, like the introduction of Abraham, Eugene and Rosita making 53 a big deal, and then the first Jesus, etc.

yes, it grew organically, but things happen in 3 seconds now

42 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

With Walking Dead, it took a while for all boats to rise. My recollection is the introduction of Michonne that drove the back issue market crazy; that book ballooned to like $300 raw and it seemed like every issue in the first 70 or so was suddenly at least a $15 dollar book. After that, show introductions dominated issues that popped, like the introduction of Abraham, Eugene and Rosita making 53 a big deal, and then the first Jesus, etc.

Yeah, the after season finale of Season 2, things got real crazy real quick. 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

So, despite the Invincible cartoon creating a lot of buzz (a lot of my geriatric high school friends on facebook are loving it...doctors, lawyers, etc.), I'm not seeing that pass to your run filler back issues like for Walking Dead. I guess Walking Dead was a cultural phenom, Invincible is popular, but like The Boys, we're not seeing filler issues of the Boys doing anything either and the same group of affluent friends was watching that too. (Oh, and every african american woman I know (and i know a lot via facebook) was watching Watchmen.... did they ever try to push that version as a graphic novel or something?). So, we're talking cover price or less. I see some ebay sellers hoping for the best an listing these filler issues for $15 right next to $3 listings for the same books.

Invincible hasn’t even seen the live action treatment yet. It will only balloon in value more. It was a lot easier in the 2010s to pitch a plain clothes zombie horror series than a Superhero show like Boys or Jupiter’s Legacy. A decade later that’s all changed. Having an Invincible #1 is a great position to be in. So is Crow 1 and Caliber Presents 1 .. even MS 13 and Spawn 1 to a lesser degree 

12 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Invincible hasn’t even seen the live action treatment yet. It will only balloon in value more. It was a lot easier in the 2010s to pitch a plain clothes zombie horror series than a Superhero show like Boys or Jupiter’s Legacy. A decade later that’s all changed. Having an Invincible #1 is a great position to be in. So is Crow 1 and Caliber Presents 1 .. even MS 13 and Spawn 1 to a lesser degree 

it is too expensive to do as an 8-10 episode live show if done well. the special effects needed to duplicate these first 3 episodes would be insane. it would need to be a 2 hour movie with a $200 million budget. 

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Maybe, but they both have enough indie series too though. Cates has definitely cooled off over past couple years (in Indies and Marvel) and Tynion has gotten hot (in Indies and DC).

While I agree I like Tynion better, Cates is suffering from being overworked honestly. It always happens
to new stud Marvel writers. The company burns them out. 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

if you require immediate payment, the listing doesn't end when they hit BIN, it only ends when they hit BIN and go through with immediate payment......

Oooo, I didnt know that. Been doing ebay for years and havent experimented outside my model. Thanks for this tip. 

1 minute ago, kevhtx said:
2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if you require immediate payment, the listing doesn't end when they hit BIN, it only ends when they hit BIN and go through with immediate payment......

Oooo, I didnt know that. Been doing ebay for years and havent experimented outside my model. Thanks for this tip. 

:hi:been a minute!
Hopefully they go through With the Fan Expo this September, The Lord of the Rings Hobbitsess announced :foryou: 

so far so good, and with local dealers talking of going like Duncanville Bookstore :) 

10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

While I agree I like Tynion better, Cates is suffering from being overworked honestly. It always happens
to new stud Marvel writers. The company burns them out. 

I like Cates. He nails Texas since he is from here. God Country and Redneck were perfect in regards to their areas (I think Redneck was east Texas and god country was central Texas, but cant remember). Anyway, I talked to him at a couple cons here in Dallas and he's a super nice guy. Though I find him kind of obnoxious on twitter some times. I think its just the whole short written text vs conversing translation. I met Tynion once, but didnt really have any time to talk to him. It was a signing for Tec 1000. 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

:hi:been a minute!
Hopefully they go through With the Fan Expo this September, The Lord of the Rings Hobbitsess announced :foryou: 

so far so good, and with local dealers talking of going like Duncanville Bookstore :) 

Yeah, I havent been on the boards much. Down comic market and no cons kept me away a bit. Hope they do the show in September, but we will see

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
15 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
4 hours ago, littledoom said:

“Require immediate payment” with BINs

Yes that is an option, but that doesn't solve the problem. 
They dont pay they dont pay right?

Interesting. Like Kevhtx I have always been fairly flexable on payment. I usually file after around the 4th or 5th
day when I get no response. 

Years ago I felt the immediate payment option caused buyers to avoid those sellers, but that was when I was
a newer seller. Learn something new everyday on ebay

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
4 hours ago, littledoom said:

Require immediate payment” with BINs

Yes that is an option, but that doesn't solve the problem. 
They dont pay they dont pay right?

Expand  

Expand  

Interesting. Like Kevhtx I have always been fairly flexable on payment. I usually file after around the 4th or 5th
day when I get no response. 

Years ago I felt the immediate payment option caused buyers to avoid those sellers, but that was when I was
a newer seller. Learn something new everyday on ebay

Its all kind of relative. I feel buyers do that too as I'm kind of new, after buying I realized that if I'm going to be late a couple of days that I'll message the seller before hitting bin to give a heads up or I try to. Best offer works well because it sends a message, also best offer automatically gives buyer 2 days to pay if offer is accepted, I try not to go over that but still include a message.

I figure as best I can treat others how I'd like to be, everyone can be given a little mercy, so I still accept offers that gives 2 day and bypasses immediate payment lol

But initially my concerns were the same, but immediate payment has worked well knock on anything

7 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I havent been on the boards much. Down comic market and no cons kept me away a bit. Hope they do the show in September, but we will see

Interesting you mention Cates and redneck, I bought that because of you as I was new, I looked it up the other day and still have it, but I had forgot that it was Cates. Seemingly Cates was new back then and now I understand the commotion 😂

8 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Down comic market?!? DOWN COMIC MARKET!?!?

Yes, the comic market wasn't that good during pandemic. Obviously things have turned the corner. haha.

Edited by kevhtx

Just now, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

You must have been in a different pandemic. My sales skyrocketed as soon as lockdowns started last March. 

Most of last year, my sales were a bit slow. They started picking up in January. I started seeing sales trickle in on stuff that I didnt think would sell. Im specific in my market though. I deal with CGC SS mostly. Since there were no cons and not many signing events, I took a hiatus for a while.