• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2021 at 5:06 PM, littledoom said:

Startling Stories The Megalomaniac Spider-Man 1   whew!

Cartoonist Kayfabe YouTube channel. 40k subscribers and counting. They even have a name for it - the Kayfabe effect 

4 hours ago, brentdevil said:

Also, was there any clarity on why Megalomaniacal Spider-Man #1 is popping? Only thing I could possibly guess was that it was featured on a recent Cartoonist Kayfabe video, but I doubt anyone looks to those two for spec...

The Kayfabe effect is real. But you're right that they generally aren't speccing. They're readers and makers and collectors. 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

9 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Sadly, this DC book could be popping because of a Marvel book.

https://www.cbr.com/taskmaster-calls-out-fridging/

Thanks. That would make sense. I had been looking for news on someone calling out that issue again, but couldn’t find anything new.

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. That would make sense. I had been looking for news on someone calling out that issue again, but couldn’t find anything new.

I just googled "Women in Refrigerators" and clicked on News to see what's been posted online recently. The last page or so confused me because I saw the comment about the last scene in F&WS (which I hadn't finished yet) and I misinterpreted that to be a comment about this issue and not Ultimates. I thought there was going to be a shock ending.

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

19 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I looked at getting another one of these before the last episode came out and I did not like what I saw in terms of affordability. Big prices all around, and good for it, and it will probably go up, but just out of the league I was interested in. Strong book. All the zemo books should do well.

If Thunderbolts become a thing, Tales of the Marvel Universe is their 2nd appearance I believe. Should be in plenty of dollar bins. 

8 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I just googled "Women in Refrigerators" and clicked on News to see what's been posted online recently. The last page or so confused me because I saw the comment about the last scene in F&WS (which I hadn't finished yet) and I misinterpreted that to be a comment about this issue and not Ultimates. I thought there was going to be a shock ending.

We've discussed this book here before. Probably the last time there were a few $15 sales. Think of it as a modern SOTI book, except the criticism is probably warranted.

3 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Got home from work today, and my Spawn kickstarter classic figure was on the kitchen counter! It was packed very well, and the exclusive comic is beautiful. To the spirit of this thread it appears the kickstarter figure exclusive comics sell for $50-120 at this time. Not too bad for a figure that was $40 to back. 

The classic figure I backed seems to be going down in value as more of us get them in hand, but they were selling for $200-250 a piece. They have since settled to $170. I'm very satisfied, and Todd is a class act in my opinion. I highly recommend you guys to back his next project, you won't be disappointed. 

*Pics for reference* there was also an alternate head, necroplasm effect, and a sword, and a necroplasm knife in a foam insert not pictured. 

20210403_192734.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Updated-920-11.jpg

Figure looks fantastic - I want one!!!

I was not aware of the figure or I would have been on it from the start 

I don’t really collect figures etc but it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for 

I am not a big fan of the statues Spawn has 

22 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I was not aware of the figure or I would have been on it from the start 

I don’t really collect figures etc but it’s exactly what I’ve been looking for 

I am not a big fan of the statues Spawn has 

When Toys R us was closing I snagged 2 Spawn: Rebirth figures for $5 a piece. It's a  pretty legit figure as well. Very limited articulation though. However the value shot way up on those like $80. 

SPAWN_REBIRTH_CT.jpg

Edited by maidenmate91

4 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

Got home from work today, and my Spawn kickstarter classic figure was on the kitchen counter! It was packed very well, and the exclusive comic is beautiful. To the spirit of this thread it appears the kickstarter figure exclusive comics sell for $50-120 at this time. Not too bad for a figure that was $40 to back. 

The classic figure I backed seems to be going down in value as more of us get them in hand, but they were selling for $200-250 a piece. They have since settled to $170. I'm very satisfied, and Todd is a class act in my opinion. I highly recommend you guys to back his next project, you won't be disappointed. 

*Pics for reference* there was also an alternate head, necroplasm effect, and a sword, and a necroplasm knife in a foam insert not pictured. 

20210403_192734.jpg

Spawn-Kickstarter-Updated-920-11.jpg

Seeing this awesome figure prompted me to dig through some files...I knew I had a few of these somewhere from back in the day....

IMG_2925.JPG

I noticed every Spawn issue was missing in my store today.  I thought they all sold (truth be told, they sell quite a bit there).

Asked my buddy, all were pulled to be re-priced and sold at a later date. 

Just unique for a title to have so many issues, the demand, and for this long!

Patrick

32 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I noticed every Spawn issue was missing in my store today.  I thought they all sold (truth be told, they sell quite a bit there).

Asked my buddy, all were pulled to be re-priced and sold at a later date. 

Just unique for a title to have so many issues, the demand, and for this long!

Patrick

None of my local shops carry a Spawn issue between 50 to 290 usually. Every once in awhile some will come in. 
I've been buying newsstands like mad the last year or two, but still only have around 30 or so. They are tough finds. 

12 hours ago, the blob said:

We've discussed this book here before. Probably the last time there were a few $15 sales. Think of it as a modern SOTI book, except the criticism is probably warranted.

That's exactly how I'm thinking about this book. I do wonder whether that helps or hurts long-term value.