• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 500Club said:

It’s a testament to the fact that people will show loyalty to a character and title that is published consistently and continuously.

Are you listening, Marvel?

Barely anybody cared about Spawn for so many years. Why now? (shrug)

As I said before Todd did a good job of promoting his “record breaking” issue 300 and I think it made people remember the title and interest grew from there 

all it takes is for a few people to discuss a book in the right place and voila 

looking back at the entire run, the art is fantastic. Certainly better than most during that time. 

So how does this happen? Here is one sale the newest one that is 700% over other sales
for this book yesterday.  Then all of sudden everyone else in one day jacks their price up?

And now same seller has another one at that price. I've been looking at buying a copy as its the only
print I dont have and it was about $100 book for months. One sale and now all of sudden
its a $500 book. Really? Even a 9.8 slab only sold for $285 a month ago. 

Anyone else see a problem here?

image.thumb.png.9c0dd2c243003f460f116aed470dbf14.png

image.thumb.png.d753a7169ea1b6de55deeae381638b40.png

10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So how does this happen? Here is one sale the newest one that is 700% over other sales
for this book yesterday.  Then all of sudden everyone else in one day jacks their price up?

And now same seller has another one at that price. I've been looking at buying a copy as its the only
print I dont have and it was about $100 book for months. One sale and now all of sudden
its a $500 book. Really? Even a 9.8 slab only sold for $285 a month ago. 

Anyone else see a problem here?

image.thumb.png.9c0dd2c243003f460f116aed470dbf14.png

image.thumb.png.d753a7169ea1b6de55deeae381638b40.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-ULTIMATE-FALLOUT-4-1ST-MILES-MORALES-APPEARANCE-PRINTING-MAJOR-KEY/254929009208?hash=item3b5af3fa38:g:WiwAAOSwB0BgahrW

$4,000 for a raw UF4 with spine dings .. some of these moderns is just crazy rn.. the folks listing and buying

30 minutes ago, littledoom said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-ULTIMATE-FALLOUT-4-1ST-MILES-MORALES-APPEARANCE-PRINTING-MAJOR-KEY/254929009208?hash=item3b5af3fa38:g:WiwAAOSwB0BgahrW

$4,000 for a raw UF4 with spine dings .. some of these moderns is just crazy rn.. the folks listing and buying

Not the same thing. The price is already established. This was 700% increase over night.

7 minutes ago, littledoom said:
22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Not the same thing. The price is already established. This was 700% increase over night.

raws are 4k?

Um maybe I said that wrong. UF4 sells multiple copies daily. Yes that 4k is nuts.

The book I am showing early has periodic sales over months for about $100 and then
over night goes to $800 and the same seller has another copy.

My point is I guess there is no way that happens. And then overnight all other copies 
skyrocket in price as well? 

That would be like telling me that UF4 sale was legit and overnight 200+ raw copies
all jack their price to 4K. See what I mean now?

Its just very odd and I haven't seen anything like that happen in awhile.

Edited by fastballspecial

11 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I see your point, but it looks like multiple copies (all of the cheap ones) were picked up on one day.  That only leaves the higher priced ones left.   This book seems to be following the SIKTC #1 6th print road map.  

Yes but if that was the case the $100 sales have been occuring for months. 

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes but if that was the case the $100 sales have been occuring for months. 

Yes.  ...and then all of the cheap copies sold in one day, that only left the higher priced books.  Why someone would buy one for $800 raw when there was a $500 option is odd for sure.  

Any sellers that sold one for $100 and had another copy to sell would list it more or less in line with the existing books for sale....and the only books left were priced much higher.  I wouldn't think a seller would list it at $150 when the closest book for sale is $500.  

I personally think the price increase on this book is long overdue.  You yourself previously referenced that this book is a ghost in your searches.

1 hour ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Yes.  ...and then all of the cheap copies sold in one day, that only left the higher priced books.  Why someone would buy one for $800 raw when there was a $500 option is odd for sure.  

Any sellers that sold one for $100 and had another copy to sell would list it more or less in line with the existing books for sale....and the only books left were priced much higher.  I wouldn't think a seller would list it at $150 when the closest book for sale is $500.  

I personally think the price increase on this book is long overdue.  You yourself previously referenced that this book is a ghost in your searches.

Please don't remind me. :facepalm:

That being said its very suspicious. That seller with another book for sale after $800 I marked right off my 
list to buy from immediately.

You are so right that the $800 sale is an outlier figure and odd given the options available.  The amount of shilling or shenanigans isn't going down on eBay....that's for sure.  

I'm surprised you never picked up a few of these over the past 6 months.  Recurring sales at $50, $60 and $70 for a good long while.  

Regardless, something triggered a lot of sales very quickly.  Is this on an app or did someone release info??

6 hours ago, 500Club said:

It’s a testament to the fact that people will show loyalty to a character and title that is published consistently and continuously.

Are you listening, Marvel?

Short term profit, reboot, reboot, reboot.  Long term profit, continuously publish a comic with quality story and art.  

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Short term profit, reboot, reboot, reboot.  Long term profit, continuously publish a comic with quality story and art.  

Dark Horse did well with their mini runs of Aliens and Predator 

10 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

And if McFarlane accomplishes what he is talking about RE universe building over the next 20yrs... Spawn pushes past 500 issues... ? 

:flipbait::insane: