• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Those waves look like the polybag but have you taken them out to inspect them closer? Nice find!👍

No, I haven't taken them out yet, so I am making a big assumption that I wont find problems on the back. I literally just picked up the 5 long boxes on Sunday afternoon. Found a few other decent books, but these were the two best (guess I shouldn't jinx myself haha).

59 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Thanks for mentioning this one! It was not coming up on my radar in my inventory program. I know I have a few of these but could only find one ...newsie! It's a dig to get to the other boxes.

Overall, this is easy a 9.6+ so I'm going to get it pressed as it really only needs it for an almost imperceptible bend near the spine in the middle of the FC. The white spots in the black areas in the photo is bag reflection. :wishluck: for a 9.8.

20210406_135914.jpg

how is it an easy 9.6? i can see a color breaking spine tick up top, so there is probably more going on. I'm a bit shellshocked as a book I thought was for sure a 9.6 and possibly a 9.8 with a ton of luck came back a 9.4. i don't think you can count on anything with cgc.

59 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

That is correct the "s" is not only the sigal of the house of El, but it is also the Kryptonian symbol for Hope.. 

ok, that's fair

57 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

If DC has their way everyone is Superman.  :facepalm:

literally any kryptonian on earth can be superman.

do you think no black kryptonians in the multiverse had the $ to buy a space pod and shoot it in the direction of earth with their kids in it? that's racist.

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

how is it an easy 9.6? i can see a color breaking spine tick up top, so there is probably more going on. I'm a bit shellshocked as a book I thought was for sure a 9.6 and possibly a 9.8 with a ton of luck came back a 9.4. i don't think you can count on anything with cgc.

It must be the lighting because there is no spine tick that breaks color. There is a small dent just to the right of the top staple which will press out.

Agreed on CGC finding something we miss at times. I'll pull it out and look again though since it's bugging me now 😁

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

yes both direct and deluxe editions have subscription inserts

I know there is a plain, small white card attached near the top left between the cover and first page. I'll look again here in a bit.

12 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

It must be the lighting because there is no spine tick that breaks color. There is a small dent just to the right of the top staple which will press out.

Agreed on CGC finding something we miss at times. I'll pull it out and look again though since it's bugging me now 😁

by the M in Marvel, top left, is where I see something, could be a mirage in the scan

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Does it have the insert ?

44 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Should it have an insert? I didn’t know that either.

31 minutes ago, littledoom said:

yes both direct and deluxe editions have subscription inserts

Sub insert is on the back page. A blank card is attached in front of the first page.

20210406_155659.jpg

20210406_155741.jpg

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

1 hour ago, the blob said:

do you think no black kryptonians in the multiverse had the $ to buy a space pod and shoot it in the direction of earth with their kids in it? that's racist.

21534745_giphy-2(8).gif.4a4c5be5078093fa79cb39b8d0fb5c40.gif

I can Smell when a set up is cookin...ImperfectInbornCommabutterfly-size_restricted.gif.82ab205e1a3eea1e47d31eccf78f0148.gif

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Spine-tick Schmine-tick

I used to have a 9.6 WW18 with TEN cb spine-ticks. :D

2 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

I did a search on feebay for Amazing Fantasy 1 (first Anya) since someone is hyping it on another site.  Looking at what Marvel Previews 95 is going for will Marvel Previews 8 be next?

Miles level, no. 

But I'd grab it for cheap. Her book's definitely have growth potential.  

I'm hanging on to a few #1s.  I noticed my store's inventory has been wiped out. 

Patrick