• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

MARVEL TEAM UP 14s are selling for good money.. used to find that for 50cents now some sell for $50+

Glad to hear it. 

Fairly unique opportunity for the two to cross-over.  Actually a great combo.

Patrick

On 4/6/2021 at 12:20 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

They have been selling around $100 on feebay (3rd print). Just snagged some at dark phoenix comics online. 

How come the second and third print are so hot when the first print is so readily available in huge numbers? 

Edited by Arkham

23 minutes ago, followtheleader said:
1 hour ago, littledoom said:

MARVEL TEAM UP 14s are selling for good money.. used to find that for 50cents now some sell for $50+

Glad to hear it. 

Fairly unique opportunity for the two to cross-over.  Actually a great combo.

Patrick

No joke I have had 12 offers on the one I have for sale. Weirdest thing. 
Only copy I have had found in quite a long time never find it in runs always missing.

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

How come the second and third print are so hot when the first print is so readily available in huge numbers? 

This most likely - estimated print runs:

BRZRKR #1 Foil Cover Third Printing Allocated To 10,000 Copies (bleedingcool.com)

10 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I'll add that it looks like the third prints are sold out everywhere online and are $50+ raw on ebay...:o 

12 hours ago, jcjames said:

Spine-tick Schmine-tick

I used to have a 9.6 WW18 with TEN cb spine-ticks. :D

This book that got a 9.4 I thought I saw one super faint spine tick and was not even sure it wasn't part of the cover. i am traumatized.

10 hours ago, littledoom said:

never saw that in the cheap box. not saying someone didn't put them in cheap boxes, but if i had ever seen them i would have bought every copy. and my shop put a fair # of issues of invincible in the cheap box.

Just checked eBay and a copy of Tankers has already sold for $100.

I got to Midtown Comics as they opened this morning. Had to wait on line to get in. By the time I was in the door around 8:30, all of their stores were already sold out of Nottingham #2 (they were limiting to 1/customer) and Rise #1. There were a lot of books they were limiting, and not just cuz Bad Idea said so.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

This book that got a 9.4 I thought I saw one super faint spine tick and was not even sure it wasn't part of the cover. i am traumatized.

Is cgc grading harshly at the moment? I rarely send anything in but I was planning on sending some this weekend, not sure if I want to if they’re undergrading

1 hour ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Just checked eBay and a copy of Tankers has already sold for $100.

I got to Midtown Comics as they opened this morning. Had to wait on line to get in. By the time I was in the door around 8:30, all of their stores were already sold out of Nottingham #2 (they were limiting to 1/customer) and Rise #1. There were a lot of books they were limiting, and not just cuz Bad Idea said so.

Limiting is going to become the standard in the next few years. I understand the LCS viewpoints on this and I am not bothered by it. I should have pre-ordered is what I tell myself when I see a limit sign.

2 of my shops are now doing this periodically on books. 

Edited by fastballspecial

45 minutes ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I think the team up book came out before Kirkman was made a partner at Image, that could be the reason.

I think he meant the Marvel Team Up with Spider-Man and Invincible- I assume the reason was that Marvel didn't need to put the logo since he owned the character and gave his permission, and Image had nothing to do with the final product. Unless I'm mistaken about what we're talking about- we need to start listing the comic when replying to quotes from pages ago.

33 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Is cgc grading harshly at the moment? I rarely send anything in but I was planning on sending some this weekend, not sure if I want to if they’re undergrading

I don't know, but I was surprised this came back a 9.4 just based on other 9.4s i have owned that had more obvious defects

40 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Limiting is going to become the standard in the next few years. I understand the LCS viewpoints on this and I am not bothered by it. I should have pre-ordered is what I tell myself when I see a limit sign.

2 of my shops are now doing this periodically on books. 

I totally understand that. If I ran an LCS, I'd probably limit everything to 1/customer the week of release to give everyone a chance to get a copy. Other than pre-orders, of course.