• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Some of those Valiant Nintendo books sell for a ton in high grade. There's someone on the Facebook Valiant Buy/Sell group selling up a big batch of them right now.

I’m the one who bought that batch of Nintendo Comics...

-Brian

5 minutes ago, kimik said:

Shadecraft #1 is hitting $20 now. I am surprised - I did a bulk order, but was not expecting it to do anything until a trailer for the show since I figured it would be heavily ordered.

Same. The news happened right before FOC. Real surprised by the current sales.

Cover A does look to be doing a lot better than the Jock variant, though.

Edited by awakeintheashes

10 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I am talking about the same book as well, before Kirkman was made a partner at Image he was able to do crossovers and do work for other companies. As an example he did a run on Ultimate X-Men. Once he became a partner, I believe he was not longer able to do work for other companies or do crossovers even though he owned the character. 

I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of his choice, not company restriction.

13 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

I am talking about the same book as well, before Kirkman was made a partner at Image he was able to do crossovers and do work for other companies. As an example he did a run on Ultimate X-Men. Once he became a partner, I believe he was not longer able to do work for other companies or do crossovers even though he owned the character. 

I wasn't unclear on that, I wasn't sure if that was the book we were talking about since no one referenced it in several pages. I still feel my answer (that there was no Image logo on it because it wasn't an inter-company crossover, irrelevant if Kirkman was partner yet) was most likely, although iggy didn't seem to like it, so it's all good.

On 4/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I'm only doing pre-screen submissions until something changes. Definitely cuts back on my submissions, but don't really want to risk it on some of these books where it's 9.8 or bust.

My LCS can do pre-screens of 5 books... now it's all I ever sub for moderns and bronze age ASM run filler lol

24 minutes ago, brentdevil said:

I wasn't unclear on that, I wasn't sure if that was the book we were talking about since no one referenced it in several pages. I still feel my answer (that there was no Image logo on it because it wasn't an inter-company crossover, irrelevant if Kirkman was partner yet) was most likely, although iggy didn't seem to like it, so it's all good.

I won’t be happy with anyone’s answer until it comes directly from Kirkman :sumo: lol

Should we be paying attention to which villains feature in AAA video games? Do you think the villains announced to feature in the Spider-Man 2 could cause movement?

I feel like Tombstone's first appearance heated up last year and the only thing he had been in recently was a kinda big role in the Spider-Man PS4 game. I always pick up WOS#36 because my first Spidey comic ever featured Tombstone and it had always been a cheapie I liked but now it fetches more like $30 or $40+ in good shape. Used to trade slightly above a random back issue kinda like Omega Red's first app...

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Should we be paying attention to which villains feature in AAA video games? Do you think the villains announced to feature in the Spider-Man 2 could cause movement?

I feel like Tombstone's first appearance heated up last year and the only thing he had been in recently was a kinda big role in the Spider-Man PS4 game. I always pick up WOS#36 because my first Spidey comic ever featured Tombstone and it had always been a cheapie I liked but now it fetches more like $30 or $40+ in good shape. Used to trade slightly above a random back issue kinda like Omega Red's first app...

Yes. Same thing happened with Black Mask and Miles really took the leap when they announced his video game. 

15 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Geiger #1 (Cover A) is selling well. Book went back for a second printing before it hit shelves. Stores may have underestimated demand, which is weird being a Geoff Johns Image book.

I picked up 3 copies from my LCS yesterday, one of covers A, B, and C. Think they have plenty left might go back and double dip. Think I should stick to Cover A this time? The other covers are genuinely pretty dang cool for this one