• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I picked up 3 copies from my LCS yesterday, one of covers A, B, and C. Think they have plenty left might go back and double dip. Think I should stick to Cover A this time? The other covers are genuinely pretty dang cool for this one

Yeah, I like all the covers for this book. I'm not sure what drives people to Cover A on a lot of these books, but if one is selling better than the others, that's the one I follow. It's a good story and any heat seems to be based on that, so it can't hurt grabbing more at cover if you can. 

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I'm not sure what drives people to Cover A on a lot of these books...

The current selling prices for Somethings Killing the Children cover A. ;) 

I think thats part of it at least.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Geiger #1 (Cover A) is selling well. Book went back for a second printing before it hit shelves. Stores may have underestimated demand, which is weird being a Geoff Johns Image book.

Glad someone brought this book up.  

I was shocked when I saw it with Johns' name. 

Did he and DC separate?  Sorry, I'm not the best on keeping up with that type of junk.  I thought he was exclusive, but it has been an eternity. 

Patrick 

59 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

The current selling prices for Somethings Killing the Children cover A. ;) 

I think thats part of it at least.

Seriously upset that I did not sneak back into Midtown comics to buy more Frison virgin covers at cover price when they had them on the rack, limit 1 per customer. Just sold one for $125. At the time they were probably about $10 and I didn't want to be a pig to make $5. I should have been a pig!

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, I like all the covers for this book. I'm not sure what drives people to Cover A on a lot of these books, but if one is selling better than the others, that's the one I follow. It's a good story and any heat seems to be based on that, so it can't hurt grabbing more at cover if you can. 

Personally like the Fabok cover (Cover C).  

Cover A's okay, just not my cup o' tea. 

Cover B is Larsen, so whatevs.com

2nd Print #1 by Frank looks pretty awesome. 

Patrick 

50 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Glad someone brought this book up.  

I was shocked when I saw it with Johns' name. 

Did he and DC separate?  Sorry, I'm not the best on keeping up with that type of junk.  I thought he was exclusive, but it has been an eternity. 

Patrick 

I think they parted way, but I don't really follow DC stuff. The most I saw about it beforehand was Bleeding Cool highlighting it as possibly being part of a new connected Image universe with Radiant Black and Nocterra.

31 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not sure the print run yet though, #3 was only 10,000. BRZRKR will be like SIKTC with a lot of #1 re-prints I bet.

The difference being that I would bet the later prints see larger demand.

All print runs of SIKTC other then the 8th print which will be huge were smaller print runs just like Once and Future.
Both with little interest at the time BRZRKR will be different.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Im all in on X-23/Laura Kinney....Anyone think the death of DMX will spike her All New Wolverine #1 Hip Hop variant? It is already pricey.

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You see a spike currently. This will go away eventually so I would sell now.

Just checked my inventory and I have two. I think one needs a little press. By the time they come back, who knows where the prices will settle. Looks like they are going between $300-500 right now (9.8). Might sell the lesser of the grades raw...

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Seriously upset that I did not sneak back into Midtown comics to buy more Frison virgin covers at cover price when they had them on the rack, limit 1 per customer. Just sold one for $125. At the time they were probably about $10 and I didn't want to be a pig to make $5. I should have been a pig!

I have about I want to say 10 I paid .50 each for and have done sold two cgc on ebay for around 350. Gotta find the others and get them sent in for grading ASAP

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

You see a spike currently. This will go away eventually so I would sell now.

I bought one this morning. I collect x-23 books and not planning to sell. For some reason, I have just about every cover of ANW #1 except that one. Figured I would buy now jic it goes up more. I know those hip hop variants are selling pretty well. 

3 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not sure the print run yet though, #3 was only 10,000. BRZRKR will be like SIKTC with a lot of #1 re-prints I bet.

Just got back from an LCS and they had stacks of BRZRKR #1 covers a, b, and sketch. Glad I didnt go in hard on those. I think I bought a couple of A and B. I bought a few of the 3rd print foil at cover too.

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Just got back from an LCS and they had stacks of BRZRKR #1 covers a, b, and sketch. Glad I didnt go in hard on those. I think I bought a couple of A and B. I bought a few of the 3rd print foil at cover too.

3rd print cover price is a great deal!👍