• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

3rd Print cover hasn't been released yet.  Perhaps you are referring to the 2nd Print foil??  If so, nice score on that...

Sorry, I should have clarified. I ordered 3rd print online last week.

2 hours ago, longshot975 said:

I have about I want to say 10 I paid .50 each for and have done sold two cgc on ebay for around 350. Gotta find the others and get them sent in for grading ASAP

where would you have gotten the virgin variant for 50 cents? That thing was reasonably popular from the start. Midtown had a 1 per customer limit, but that didn't stop you from buying one at the beginning of lunch and coming back at the end of lunch for another one and then at the end of the day for another one if the cashier was different.

8 hours ago, the blob said:

no. davis is way too small and he moves like an old man last I looked. dinklage is actually pretty athletic and moves well, despite being the same age as davis. he looks the part, but if he has a cameo in eternals it seems highly unlikely they got dinklage in under the radaar. maybe martin klebba, he is athletic too. interestingly, all three of those guys are 51. Dinklage is such a good actor. 

those prices hardly seem insane for a BA book that has not been that easy to find compared to so much other insanity out there. nyx 3 is approaching $2K in 9.8. spawn 174 in 9.8 is over $1100. x-men 244. 282. the madness....

Is there anything to the X-Men spec or are people just planning ahead. FWIW I did grab about 10 copies of 282 mostly under $15. Don't think I got a single 2nd print though.   

And does anyone know what's going on with Champions #1 heating up a bit? I had to drive out of town to get vaccinated and there was a comic books shop across the street. Seemed to mostly sell pops and manga but had a really, really messy back issues area. I a couple copies of the Copiel Miles cover of Marvel Legacy, Avengers Academy 1, Batman V2 28, Spider-Man V2 234(3x), Marvel Knights Spider-Man 10, ASM 565, Ms. Marvel 1 from the current series... some were marked up to $6 or $8 but the guy sold me everything at cover price for some reason, I honestly wasn't sure if it was a mistake or not. I also grabbed 9 copies of Champions V3 #1 because I thought it was V2 but at least it was only cover price lol 

Edited by BoogieWoogie

5 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I think I bought 100 copies or more of each X-men #281, 282 & 283 at 30 percent of cover when it came out. hm 

281 was a bust, but 282 has always been good. 283 ebs and flows.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Went box diving and found about 50 random spawns. A couple in the 60s, 100s, mid 100s, 180s ect.

What should I be on the lookout for? Found a 140 and I guess that's the first She Spawn?

Sell them to me.  

I'm just loosely going based on the numbers you provided.  Would be easier w/ specific #s. 

• Spawn 61 - 1st cameo of Jessica Priest (pretty sure she is the current She-Spawn)
  • Spawn 77 - 1st Wings of Redemption Spawn
  • Spawn 100 - Death of Angela; bunch of cool covers
  • Spawn 119 - 1st Gunslinger Spawn (many call it a cameo; pretty big one)
  • Spawn 122 - 1st Nyx (original She-Spawn)
  • Spawn 139 - Nyx becomes She-Spawn
  • Spawn 141 - 1st She-Spawn cover
  • Spawn 150 - 1st Man of Miracles (which is really just Miracle Man)
  • Spawn 165 - 1st Mandarin Spawn
  • Spawn 174/175 - 1st full Gunslinger Spawn
  • Spawn 179 - 1st War Spawn (looks WWI-ish)
  • Spawn 183 - 1st Morana
  • Spawn 185 - 1st Jim Downing (new Spawn); death of Al Simmons Spawn

Patrick

2 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Sell them to me.  

I'm just loosely going based on the numbers you provided.  Would be easier w/ specific #s. 

• Spawn 61 - 1st cameo of Jessica Priest (pretty sure she is the current She-Spawn)
  • Spawn 77 - 1st Wings of Redemption Spawn
  • Spawn 100 - Death of Angela; bunch of cool covers
  • Spawn 119 - 1st Gunslinger Spawn (many call it a cameo; pretty big one)
  • Spawn 122 - 1st Nyx (original She-Spawn)
  • Spawn 139 - Nyx becomes She-Spawn
  • Spawn 141 - 1st She-Spawn cover
  • Spawn 150 - 1st Man of Miracles (which is really just Miracle Man)
  • Spawn 165 - 1st Mandarin Spawn
  • Spawn 174/175 - 1st full Gunslinger Spawn
  • Spawn 179 - 1st War Spawn (looks WWI-ish)
  • Spawn 183 - 1st Morana
  • Spawn 185 - 1st Jim Downing (new Spawn); death of Al Simmons Spawn

Patrick

I know I have 140 and 165, will send them to be graded.

I'll give you a list in a bit of every one I have.

I have curse of spawn 9, that's the only off shoot I think, besides the violator 3 issue mini

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

I know I have 140 and 165, will send them to be graded.

I'll give you a list in a bit of every one I have.

I have curse of spawn 9, that's the only off shoot I think, besides the violator 3 issue mini

165 has really blown up lately.  Hell, VF's are pulling $80.  Graded are getting $300. 

140 isn't too expensive, but it is a great cover and the print run was low.  Love the 140s.  I'd get it graded for my collection, IMO.

Curse of Spawn typically doesn't do as well.  The Black & White #1 variant is desirable (I sold mine like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person years ago).  

People are pushing Curse of Spawn 12 as the 1st Jessica Priest.  I didn't think that was the case, but she's on the cover nevertheless. 

Patrick