• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Young Avengers Presents

I should have picked up more of this.

Obviously #6 due to Hawkeye lady.  One sold in CGC for $300. 

But #3 is pretty solidly selling (focused on Vulcan/Speed).

Stature issue starting to see some movement. 

Patriot issue is hit or miss. 

Grab whatevs for cheap.

Patrick

On 4/7/2021 at 11:43 PM, Arkham said:
On 4/7/2021 at 8:19 PM, BrooksR said:

I’ve been thinking about this lately. It used to be they’d reprint a comic if it sold out and there was still demand. That makes sense. Now it seems like every issue of a series gets 2nd and 3rd prints, sometimes 5 or more. These seem to be planned before the first print even comes out. Not to mention all of the variant covers. Why do they continually reprint when they earlier prints ate still available?

I'd been wondering if the shop mega-buys for the variants (as @FlyingDonut wrote about here) was playing havoc with true supply/demand interpretation... but you're right, they do it constantly. 

As long as the print run sells out they will do another its a simple formula for smaller companies. 

BRZRKR is the one leaving me shaking my head. The massive print run and the belief that the later prints will be worth a ton is staggering.

31 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

1-18, 23, 32, 47, 49, 62, 64, 114-116, 125, 134, 135, 151, 153, 155, 156, 160, 185-188 and both spawn/Batman 1 shots

All of these are pretty low print run and therefore desirable.

114-116, 125, 134, 135, 151, 153, 155, 156, 160, 185-188

185 is the 1st Downing as mentioned before. 

If you want a smaller subset, this group was tough for me to find even before the recent interest: 125, 134, 135, 151, 153, 155, 156, 160. 

Issue 151 has two covers. 

Patrick

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

As long as the print run sells out they will do another its a simple formula for smaller companies. 

BRZRKR is the one leaving me shaking my head. The massive print run and the belief that the later prints will be worth a ton is staggering.

If they sell out that makes sense, but to plan them before the 1st print is even released... if they know it’s going to sell out why not just make more first prints? It feels very much like a ploy to get people to buy the same book over and over, I was mainly thinking about marvel here.

8 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

If they sell out that makes sense, but to plan them before the 1st print is even released... if they know it’s going to sell out why not just make more first prints? It feels very much like a ploy to get people to buy the same book over and over, I was mainly thinking about marvel here.

From a business standpoint, I am really impressed with how they have done this release. Yes, Cover A is still readily/heavily available at shops/online, but they have made some of the subsequent print run copies desirable. The perception that the series will be successful, while an old trick, seems to have worked here to some extent. In the long run, the rarer books of this series will be worth something based on the quality of the movie/tv series and so on.

We can expect this model to be copied by other actors. Reminds me of the one Mark Wahlberg was going to make, but didnt (Alien bountyhunter or something like that?). I expect this one will get made, but we'll see.

30 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Reminds me of the one Mark Wahlberg was going to make, but didnt (Alien bountyhunter or something like that?). I expect this one will get made, but we'll see.

Ted goes to Wahlburgers... :baiting:

47 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Nobody is being forced to buy every cover. 

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

I just think there is alot of inexperience here by buyers. Now the SIKTC also is helping them but even that 
buyers are overpaying with a print run that will be that large.

I'll be hardpressed to imagine BRZRKR will be anything more than cover price in a year or two. That being said, logic no longer works in this industry.

3 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

I know I have 140 and 165, will send them to be graded.

I'll give you a list in a bit of every one I have.

I have curse of spawn 9, that's the only off shoot I think, besides the violator 3 issue mini

You got a 165 from a box? Nice. Im missing 3, for a complete spawn run.
i’m missing spawn 199, 207, and 165! Lol. They’re getting so expensive!

7 minutes ago, battlerob said:

You got a 165 from a box? Nice. Im missing 3, for a complete spawn run.
i’m missing spawn 199, 207, and 165! Lol. They’re getting so expensive!

I pulled these from my own box, I honestly can't remember where they came from or when lol

3 hours ago, kevhtx said:

From a business standpoint, I am really impressed with how they have done this release. Yes, Cover A is still readily/heavily available at shops/online, but they have made some of the subsequent print run copies desirable. The perception that the series will be successful, while an old trick, seems to have worked here to some extent. In the long run, the rarer books of this series will be worth something based on the quality of the movie/tv series and so on.

We can expect this model to be copied by other actors. Reminds me of the one Mark Wahlberg was going to make, but didnt (Alien bountyhunter or something like that?). I expect this one will get made, but we'll see.

You’re impressed buy creating a false demand by limiting the print run to less than was ordered?

What’s next, we believe Eanic #1 was printed before they knew the order numbers but then released the second print the same day?

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

You’re impressed buy creating a false demand by limiting the print run to less than was ordered?

What’s next, we believe Eanic #1 was printed before they knew the order numbers but then released the second print the same day?

Yes, from a business standpoint. Im sure they are making a killing and they havent really missed a step. Im assuming its going exactly the way they wanted. 

On 4/9/2021 at 5:46 PM, the blob said:

where would you have gotten the virgin variant for 50 cents? That thing was reasonably popular from the start. Midtown had a 1 per customer limit, but that didn't stop you from buying one at the beginning of lunch and coming back at the end of lunch for another one and then at the end of the day for another one if the cashier was different.

Local shop had it in their box for 50 for $ 20 or something