• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yes, from a business standpoint. Im sure they are making a killing and they havent really missed a step. Im assuming its going exactly the way they wanted. 

Selling less than was ordered? I think your math may be off.

48 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well again a very busy months for Bronze all the way to moderns. 

Avengers Annual 10 is smoking VGs selling for $50 currently VFs over $100.

Godzilla late issues sell well in any grade from Marvel if you can find them. 
Machine Man 7 is my top selling book in awhile with over 6 sales in a week and 
climbing. 

Captain Marvel one shots with Monica are nice $20-40 sale currently. 
Cap 323 is really hot.

Nottingham is one really hot book.
Shadecraft is selling well so far.

BRZRKR and SIKTC 8th print I dont get the frenzy. With reported print runs of 600k and 75K
don't overpay on these books. 

Pretty much any Captain America key right now will sell. 

Those people that brought Truth 1 and Young Avengers 1 from me in the my last couple of 
sales thread I hate you all. Both books are well over $100 with Young Avengers 1 approaching
$500 raw in nice grade. BTW Young guns 2004 copies are getting gobbled up cheap just saying.

I continue to sale Maximum Carnage sets again for $120 to $150 per set in NM sold like 5 sets
in the last week so demand is up. 

Spawn will continue to increase in demand as FOMO sets in when the Spawn universe comes out
I continue to sell Spawn newsstands and single issues each month. 

While I get the newsstand increase in demand lets all remember that newsstands don't really become
hard to get until the mids 90s and later both in print run and to a lesser degree high grade.
I get somebody telling me every month that this or that newsstand was hard to get in high grade in
the 80s. While they are a few cases over this is not the case. 

Support your local LCS or they wont be there anymore. I yet again went to another store that I think will
be out of business and in the next few months based on discussion with owners and how they talked about
the shop problems. 

Thundercats and Power puff girls unreal.

Captain America 6 is still getting obscene prices. Newsstands even more.

Invincible prices are spiking with 110 being the book that is really up in price due to rape scene
in book. Issues 1 to 20 are gold. Even the new Invincible 1 Gold Issue is a $15 book now.

My local shops have no idea who Bad Idea is. In fact no shop within 120 miles of me does. 
Until then all pass on them. I like the idea, but making it that hard to get a copy turns off alot of
readers.

Don't sleep on high grade Fantasy Masterpieces issues. Sold several 3s and 4s for very good money
lately.

Uncanny X-men 282 283 large print run back then I thought. Speculators really driving this book up.
I bought several copies locally and plan to sit on several. 

I am now buying X-men 1 high grades now. Honestly you just cant pass it up now. Sets selling
for good money. Newsstand copies selling for $50 to $100.00 Slabs selling well too. 

Back to packing....

I am guessing you really wanted to be an overstreet advisor and write market reports when you were young.

53 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

climbing. 

Cap 323 is really hot.

BRZRKR and SIKTC 8th print I dont get the frenzy. With reported print runs of 600k and 75K

Those people that brought Truth 1 and Young Avengers 1 from me in the my last couple of 
sales thread I hate you all. Both books are well over $100 with Young Avengers 1 approaching
$500 raw in nice grade. BTW Young guns 2004 copies are getting gobbled up cheap just saying.

I continue to sale Maximum Carnage sets again for $120 to $150 per set in NM sold like 5 sets

Spawn will continue to increase in demand as FOMO sets in when the Spawn universe comes out

While I get the newsstand increase in demand lets all remember that newsstands don't really become
hard to get until the mids 90s and later both in print run and to a lesser degree high grade.
I get somebody telling me every month that this or that newsstand was hard to get in high grade in

Support your local LCS or they wont be there anymore. I yet again went to another store that I think will
be out of business and in the next few months based on discussion with owners and how they talked about
the shop problems. 

Invincible prices are spiking with 110 being the book that is really up in price due to rape scene
in book. Issues 1 to 20 are gold. Even the new Invincible 1 Gold Issue is a $15 book now.

My local shops have no idea who Bad Idea is. In fact no shop within 120 miles of me does. 
Until then all pass on them. I like the idea, but making it that hard to get a copy turns off alot of
readers.

Don't sleep on high grade Fantasy Masterpieces issues. Sold several 3s and 4s for very good money
lately.

Uncanny X-men 282 283 large print run back then I thought. Speculators really driving this book up.

I am now buying X-men 1 high grades now. Honestly you just cant pass it up now. Sets selling
for good money. Newsstand copies selling for $50 to $100.00 Slabs selling well too. 

Back to packing....

Thank you for this detailed summary! Good stuff...(thumbsu

11 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Not really lol. I am just a little fish in a big pond. When I started on here 17 years ago there were several sellers that would share sales and market information that was invaluable to me as a starting seller. Just doing the same.

It reads like one of them. They're informative 

35 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Well I grew up reading them I lived for the quarterly reports 

I enjoyed them too. Although I feel like there was some BS involved. A dealer got in 6 long boxes of charlton westerns and suddenly demand is way up. A shop by me ("Funny Business") would claim wild sales prices and my shop (less than a mile away in a more affluent area) told me he was just notorious for making it all up. His prices were high, yes, but 2 shops within a mile were less dingy and creepy and 25-50% less.

Edited by the blob

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

climbing. 

Cap 323 is really hot.

the shop problems. 

readers.

lately.

Back to packing....

Those Fantasy Masterpieces are ones I buy every time I see them. Hard to go wrong there.(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Kerdese said:

3D68C410-42BC-463C-9BAF-4DECFA885777.jpeg

What is clz and why should we care vs. Looking at ebay? A 9.8 newsstand of 53 hit $317. My guess is that this has warped perceived values of cgc copies. Raws are still under $10. As has been pointed out, big newsstand numbers are being used to hype direct numbers and too many of the folks buying stuff are too clueless to understand this and think this it is now a $317 book and then a website like this pushes it. Newsstand prices are their own wacky universe. And even if a direct is $300 because of a perception that 9.8 is really hard, I doubt it carries over to a 9.6 of this common as heck kind of nothing book.

Edited by the blob

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

climbing. 

Cap 323 is really hot.

the shop problems. 

readers.

lately.

Back to packing....

Nice report as always. 

What's going on with local comic shops going out of business?

I've been buying all my bad idea comics online.  They are forced to keep it cover price the first month.  

New comic sales are supposed to be up. Back issues are nuts.  How can shops be going belly up? I guess if they were blasted for 6 months during the pandemic they may have debts they can't get out of, particularly of unable to get the stimulus $. With that said my kids' barber had her rent raised in october despite being required to work it 50% capacity. Landlord who has owned the building forever and barely has a mortgage did not care. Knew she wasn't in a position to move. Squeezed her another 5%. So who knows.