• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

I believe it, with the information out there that it is the first Space Usagi story. 

Yeah, that's why I jumped on it and also 46 to hedge bets - I was able to grab them as a little buzz was starting but they hadn't taken off yet. 47 seems to be the winner - it's the one with actual story in it. 46 just has some concept sketches and the back cover I believe...

On 4/8/2021 at 10:20 AM, jsilverjanet said:

it appears they've reset their grading a bit to be not as tight. I think several people started to call and complain. Hopefully it's move back to where it was before

I sent 400 or so books in from various years. My grades have been better than expected on newer ( last 10 years or so ) books, about what I expected on Bronze age stuff, and lower than expected on Silver age books. I missed the grades on 3 Silver Age books by at least 1 full grade. Probably 40% have been graded to this point so its a very small sample size. 

I did send in over 40 copies of Avengers Annual #10. They got separated into 2 different orders. The grades were fairly consistent but the page quality was over 90% White pages in one order and slightly over 50% White Pages in the second order. I would have bet on all White but it is what it is. 

2 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Surely this can’t be real...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144000139410

But I sure hope it is since this arrived from CGC on Friday

F021741A-8010-4346-B34D-2D9733410870.jpeg

GPA/130Point both list this as a $900 sale. Still a WOW since a 9.8 sold for just over $1k three weeks ago.

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

2 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

GI JOE 154. Seems to be more expensive that 155?!? For long time 155 was like a 100$ comic and 154 was like 30-40$. Not anymore.

That’s odd, I wonder why? Is it much harder to find?

3 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

GI JOE 154. Seems to be more expensive that 155?!? For long time 155 was like a 100$ comic and 154 was like 30-40$. Not anymore.

It seems plausible it might have had a lower print run than 155...shops might have ordered more 155s as a last issue, bon voyage, whatever. 153 is nothing to sneeze at either right now. There are more 155s for sale, but that's just anecdotal.

This seller didn't do his research: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-JOE-A-REAL-AMERICAN-HERO-154-NEWSSTAND-/174673512481?hash=item28ab5a4821%3Ag%3Ae0oAAOSw2XJgRtsh&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

GPA/130Point both list this as a $900 sale. Still a WOW since a 9.8 sold for just over $1k three weeks ago.

I have half a short box of issues in the 30s to low 40s.. uhg!

1 hour ago, the blob said:

It seems plausible it might have had a lower print run than 155...shops might have ordered more 155s as a last issue, bon voyage, whatever. 153 is nothing to sneeze at either right now. There are more 155s for sale, but that's just anecdotal.

This is also anecdotal, but Simpsons Comics #245 seems to be in the same (print run) boat. Issues 243 and 244 are ghosts compared to 245. It was difficult to find a potential CGC 9.8 copy of the latter at the local bookstores, perhaps because other collectors had already looked through these newsstand copies. So for anyone holding the last issue of Simpsons Comics for the next 20 years, don't forget the antepenultimate issue!

48 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:
6 hours ago, godzilla43 said:

I'm missing those two along with #1 to finish the run.  :pullhair:

I see 155 probably once a year or so.

150-154 just my opinion seem harder to find. 

4 hours ago, the blob said:

This seller didn't do his research: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GI-JOE-A-REAL-AMERICAN-HERO-154-NEWSSTAND-/174673512481?hash=item28ab5a4821%3Ag%3Ae0oAAOSw2XJgRtsh&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would guess people focused on the last issue.  Even if not collecting the series. 

Speculator sites will need to add a section for 2nd to last issues now.

Patrick

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I would guess people focused on the last issue.  Even if not collecting the series. 

Speculator sites will need to add a section for 2nd to last issues now.

Patrick

155, like conan 275, has a cover that catches attention. Would not surprise me if there were fewer newsstand returns. Not sure if shops were ordering extras of last issues of dead titles thougg. This wasn't new mutants 100 with a reboot coming 

11 hours ago, Plantman said:

This is also anecdotal, but Simpsons Comics #245 seems to be in the same (print run) boat. Issues 243 and 244 are ghosts compared to 245. It was difficult to find a potential CGC 9.8 copy of the latter at the local bookstores, perhaps because other collectors had already looked through these newsstand copies. So for anyone holding the last issue of Simpsons Comics for the next 20 years, don't forget the antepenultimate issue!

I never would've thought of this until you mentioned it, but I worked near a Barnes and Noble when the last few Simpsons came out and picked them up. I guess it makes sense that newsstands for these series are rarer as there's no bags and boards to go around and it's open to damage even getting it from there to home, which is the same fate convention variants suffer. But at the same time I don't know about things being desired nowadays just for the sake of being perceived as rare. I got the last Simpsons out of nostalgia since I guess I knew it was ending, but not out of any thought to it ever being worth anything. I didn't give the newsstand much thought either, it was just the kind of thing that was unlikely to be at any comic store after pre-ordering for whatever month had passed.

IMG_0324 2.jpg

7 hours ago, littledoom said:

If you have any Wynonna Earp photo variants now is a great time to list. They've been selling for multiple hundreds each the past month- which is nuts for a show I've never heard of. I was only able to find one WE comic in the BIBs today.

@manetteska

39 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:
8 hours ago, littledoom said:

If you have any Wynonna Earp photo variants now is a great time to list. They've been selling for multiple hundreds each the past month- which is nuts for a show I've never heard of. I was only able to find one WE comic in the BIBs today.

Expand  

@manetteska

D577CC03-081A-4050-BBB2-DFC15819763A.thumb.jpeg.e42149b6c311aaa22d0ae9da58141ba3.jpeg

From a recent road trip. 

I believe the Earp at top right (with cast signatures) sold recently for $500+.