• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Haha, I thought about going back an hour later, but didnt. 

The trick is getting a bundle order like some online stores are doing. I did that with Eniac 1 but had no idea that the first print would be so explosive. One of the stores online I get emails from did send out an email for a bundle order of I think the first three issues if Tankers but I delayed and missed out on it. There was no limit that I recall. Of course once people figure that out, not sure how long they will let that happen. I have to wait till issue 4 with Eniac is released till I get the 5 bundles of 1-4. Hopefully they don't give me the worst copies since it won't be till June most likely until I get them lol

34 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

My LCS still had Tankers #1 today. I was surprised and I grabbed one.

Funny, I went to Midtown last week at open. Since I was passing by that way later in the day (2 hour public transportation trip to get the vaccine), I stopped by to grab another but they were sold out (around 5pm).

10 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Funny, I went to Midtown last week at open. Since I was passing by that way later in the day (2 hour public transportation trip to get the vaccine), I stopped by to grab another but they were sold out (around 5pm).

I was surprised. They were beside the register though and I bet a lot of people didnt see them. Is that a Bad Idea thing to have them displayed next to the register? It was a Bad Idea display box with Tankers and Eniac 2 in it. 

31 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I was surprised. They were beside the register though and I bet a lot of people didnt see them. Is that a Bad Idea thing to have them displayed next to the register? It was a Bad Idea display box with Tankers and Eniac 2 in it. 

There's a rule that they must be in the highest traffic area in the store.

6 hours ago, 500Club said:

Wonder if it’s a case of seller knowledge? hm

Everyone knows the last issue phenomenon.  They get pulled, collected, and actively put into the market.  Second-to-last issues?  Not so much, even though theoretically, their print runs would have been low as well.

Folks can look up 154 and see it is expensive. All the 150s are at a premium.

11 hours ago, littledoom said:

Starlight #1 image 

And mine just sold at 2 for $5...

Oh well, sale honoured of course, congrats to the lucky buyer !!

41 minutes ago, the blob said:

Even the late 140s are doing well.  A little surprised that the Joe/Transformers issues are pretty marginal prices.  Definitely more supply though. 

Thanks to whomever posted about the 154 spiked:

Patrick

7 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Even the late 140s are doing well.  A little surprised that the Joe/Transformers issues are pretty marginal prices.  Definitely more supply though. 

Thanks to whomever posted about the 154 spiked:

Patrick

Transformers Generation 2 12
sells well also 

1 hour ago, the blob said:
7 hours ago, 500Club said:

Wonder if it’s a case of seller knowledge? hm

Everyone knows the last issue phenomenon.  They get pulled, collected, and actively put into the market.  Second-to-last issues?  Not so much, even though theoretically, their print runs would have been low as well.

Yup, they can.  But they’d have to have a reason to do so.  I didn’t have a reason (until noted in this thread) and so I didn’t know, despite having a couple of copies.

More people being aware will free up more copies.

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

We all know how DC villains go. Theres a ton of them. It all comes down to if/when she is used and how. My god, how many new villains have there been in the past couple issues of Batman alone?

I'm a huge Bat fan and wouldn't drop that much on the many "first appearances" in the recent runs of the various Bat books. But Joker #2 currently seems to be running at a premium across all covers based on eBay. Looks like it's $10-30 minimum plus shipping to get into this book if you didn't preorder or don't score this week at your LCS...

7 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm a huge Bat fan and wouldn't drop that much on the many "first appearances" in the recent runs of the various Bat books. But Joker #2 currently seems to be running at a premium across all covers based on eBay. Looks like it's $10-30 minimum plus shipping to get into this book if you didn't preorder or don't score this week at your LCS...

Yeah, I havent been reading it and didnt pre-order it so when I went out to grab cover a (and maybe the steelfreeze variant) they were sold out. :/ 

Just now, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I havent been reading it and didnt pre-order it so when I went out to grab cover a (and maybe the steelfreeze variant) they were sold out. :/ 

Same -  but I found a (maybe questionable? we'll see...) site online that had covers A, B and C in stock for cover price, so I took a shot. They did already give me a tracking number, so I guess I'll wait and see... If they come through, they have a future customer in me.

Just now, Jesse-Lee said:

Same -  but I found a (maybe questionable? we'll see...) site online that had covers A, B and C in stock for cover price, so I took a shot. They did already give me a tracking number, so I guess I'll wait and see... If they come through, they have a future customer in me.

Awesome....Im gonna check out my LCS in the morning and see if they have any. 

There is a local store that still has Tankers 1 and Eniac 2 for cover price. I snagged a few copies on the weekend. Looks like they ordered big on it, just like they have been doing lately with new Image titles. Here is the link to order Tankers 1 from their site.

http://www.happyharborcomics.com/product_search/search_productsA.asp?PrevStr=&KEYWORD1=tankers&submit=QUICK+SEARCH

And, if you want to sign up for full first arc, you can set up a pull list and get Eniac 2 and Tankers 1, as well as sign up for all of the Bad Idea titles, from the best store in town. You may also still be able to get a copy (or more) of Joker 2 if you set up an online account. They also have a store exclusive DoT TPB that has been selling well if any of you are interested in that kind of thing:

https://variantedmonton.com/

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

The Ghost Maker arc from Batman 102-105 was quite good in the end and built nicely from the Joker war. I like what Tynion has been doing with the book. I found that King lost his way after a short bit (and jumped the shark with the wedding storyline), but I have enjoyed the book since Tynion took over.