• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

The Ghost Maker arc from Batman 102-105 was quite good in the end and built nicely from the Joker war. I like what Tynion has been doing with the book. I found that King lost his way after a short bit (and jumped the shark with the wedding storyline), but I have enjoyed the book since Tynion took over. 

I plan to catch up, I'm just way behind - I just finished the story in 55-57, which I actually really liked...

8 hours ago, kimik said:

The Ghost Maker arc from Batman 102-105 was quite good in the end and built nicely from the Joker war. I like what Tynion has been doing with the book. I found that King lost his way after a short bit (and jumped the shark with the wedding storyline), but I have enjoyed the book since Tynion took over. 

I hope they do something with Ghostmaker. Because like 10 copies of Batman 102 ended up in my store's 1/2 off section and I just couldn't help myself lol 

1 minute ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I hope they do something with Ghostmaker. Because like 10 copies of Batman 102 ended up in my store's 1/2 off section and I just couldn't help myself lol 

It looks like he will. My guess is friend now, foe later for Batman. Cover A and B are both nice for 102 as they feature GM. I guess the only question longer term is whether Batman #100 is considered the first app by the market. The book to have so far is the 1:25 for #102 based on online sales, just like the 1:25 for #96.

47 minutes ago, kimik said:

It looks like he will. My guess is friend now, foe later for Batman. Cover A and B are both nice for 102 as they feature GM. I guess the only question longer term is whether Batman #100 is considered the first app by the market. The book to have so far is the 1:25 for #102 based on online sales, just like the 1:25 for #96.

It is a DC, so it will be hot for 33 seconds. Then again, it is Batman, so maybe it will last. 

10 hours ago, kimik said:

There is a local store that still has Tankers 1 and Eniac 2 for cover price. I snagged a few copies on the weekend. Looks like they ordered big on it, just like they have been doing lately with new Image titles. Here is the link to order Tankers 1 from their site.

http://www.happyharborcomics.com/product_search/search_productsA.asp?PrevStr=&KEYWORD1=tankers&submit=QUICK+SEARCH

And, if you want to sign up for full first arc, you can set up a pull list and get Eniac 2 and Tankers 1, as well as sign up for all of the Bad Idea titles, from the best store in town. You may also still be able to get a copy (or more) of Joker 2 if you set up an online account. They also have a store exclusive DoT TPB that has been selling well if any of you are interested in that kind of thing:

https://variantedmonton.com/

Are you talking about the first link or 2nd link?  Also do they send to the USA or is this only for Canadians?  

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Are you talking about the first link or 2nd link?  Also do they send to the USA or is this only for Canadians?  

The first link is to Wonder Harbor, where you can order the books online straight away. I believe they ship to the USA, but am not certain.

The second link is to Variant Edition (my file store), which has copies of Tankers 1 and Eniac 2 available for readers/collectors that want to sign up for the first full arc of each title. They ship to the USA and internationally, and should also have copies of Joker 2 available today as well.

28 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

At some point DC will get their stuff together so I think nows the time for buying cheap and stashing away. 

I was just thinking it's not only a time to be picking stuff up cheap, but also grabbing new stuff that looks to have potential. Of course, if the parent company decides that there's not much to gain from the publishing arm of the company, everything will go south.

Just last week a local comic shop owner said he wasn't ordering any DC because the distributor was requiring a purchase minimum of $500 weekly. He said his DC sales weren't enough to support that kind of expenditure. There are two other local shops that order DC very heavily yet If you look at their shelves you can find runs 10 issues back. Cover prices for their regular issues have increased as well. Not the greatest comic business model.

30 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

Just last week a local comic shop owner said he wasn't ordering any DC because the distributor was requiring a purchase minimum of $500 weekly. He said his DC sales weren't enough to support that kind of expenditure. There are two other local shops that order DC very heavily yet If you look at their shelves you can find runs 10 issues back. Cover prices for their regular issues have increased as well. Not the greatest comic business model.

WB is killing off the comics.  They are now Batman's greatest enemy not joker.  

56 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Anyone reading Hotline Miami Wildfire?  The last book for the series is out today.  

I'm not, is that related to the video game? I'm most excited for Non-Stop Spider-Man and Chip Zdarsky's symbiote Spider-man take. Guess I am predictable in that way lol 

Edited by BoogieWoogie

52 minutes ago, kairos70 said:

He can't sell 200 $4.99-$5.99 books for the whole DC line or is this per title?

Edited by the blob

1 hour ago, kairos70 said:

I like the stores that order heavy. They usually do not pay attention to what is on the shelf when a book here or there blows up a month or two later. 

2 hours ago, the blob said:

He can't sell 200 $4.99-$5.99 books for the whole DC line or is this per title?

He said the only DC title that he sells consistently is Batman. He doesn't even have file customers for the other DC titles. His customers mainly subscribe and buy Marvel or independents.

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I like the stores that order heavy. They usually do not pay attention to what is on the shelf when a book here or there blows up a month or two later. 

Yeah, they're good for scoring hot issues that heat up a few weeks to months after they are released. Only drawback is if an issue heats up before new comic book release day. They won't put those on the shelf at all.

6 hours ago, Corona smith said:
6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

agreed DC is way down my list now. 

At some point DC will get their stuff together so I think nows the time for buying cheap and stashing away. 

At this point I don't think they will. Its why I am shying away from them. I think AT&T will sell it off at some point or 
destroy it either way. This isn't some new thought either many feel this way.

So DC stays way down my list for but mostly for modern. 

Edited by fastballspecial