• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Lol I remember months ago I tried to sell a 3rd print of that for $30 and no one wanted it, was basically selling just to cover that weeks comic buys as I usually do, so that one worked in my favour.

16 hours ago, Plantman said:

Near mint copies of War of the Realms: New Agents of Atlas #1 were sold for over $50 each this weekend on eBay. My local shops had plenty of supply when the book was released. So far that has not held it back.

Awesome! I wish I had picked up more of the A cover instead of the connecting variant. But I have a few of each. 9.8s of the A cover selling for over $300.

2 hours ago, BishopT said:

3rd print of New Agents of Atlas #1 sold for just over $100 raw a few days ago.

I picked up some 2nd prints last night here, looks like they still have some: https://www.sadlemoncomics.com/search?q=Agents+of+atlas

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

4 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Boy Spawn 179 is one hot book. Mine didnt last 18 hours and
was a VF copy.

Yes it is. A lot of Spawn issues are hot. I’m trying to complete my Spawn run and I’m having a difficult time getting the last few issues I need. Good thing I bought most of them when they were cheap. I wouldnt be able to complete run with current prices. 

3 hours ago, battlerob said:

Yes it is. A lot of Spawn issues are hot. I’m trying to complete my Spawn run and I’m having a difficult time getting the last few issues I need. Good thing I bought most of them when they were cheap. I wouldnt be able to complete run with current prices. 

Yeah, all of 240, 241, and 242 are sold incredibly fast.  Sold a few of those in the last week. 

14 hours ago, the blob said:

So this set is selling for cover price? Not so exciting. SECRET INVASION #1-6 MARVEL 2008 DELL'OTTO Painted Covers SKRULLS BENDIS Story

I am curious if this will be a short event or if they're going to give it the whole Infinity Guantlet treatment and stretch it over multiple films. I do think these will rise eventually, it's a cool story and I think fans will love it on screen. I have a few copies of #1, not sure whether to start completing sets or not but I think it'll pay off. I've got lots of much longer term spec that I think I'll be waiting maybe years for so I don't mind waiting a few more months for Secret Invasion to heat up. Think there's plenty of time to find copies of this for $5 and below. Again, these books really blow up if the show drops and is good then the casual money floods in so there's plenty of time even past when the trailers drop. HINT FOR SHANG CHI HERE.

Just look at Amazing Spider-Man annual 16... blew up with the trailer and blew up even bigger with the show. And I think they'll get Secret Invasion right and it's going to be awesome. The week to week hype and speculation we're seeing now... I think Secret Invasion will blow it out of the water... but if you can trust anything trust that I know noting lol 

2 hours ago, siro123 said:

Captain America #25 Is popping and will probably go nuclear Friday.

Cap 25 Fleabay

Department of Truth #1 is selling well.

Department #1 Fleabay

Uncanny X-men #282 

Uncanny Fleabay

It is so weird how these things work. Cap 25 popped the first week, then I got a so-so copy for $10 down the line. I then got a NM about a year ago on a well known mail order site from the back issues, it was just sitting there for less than cover and nobody wanted it. Now it's heating up again. Why couldn't I ever get a cheap copy of something like Teen Titans 12, or whatever? None of it makes any sense how the market cools and then increases tenfold.

1 hour ago, brentdevil said:

It is so weird how these things work. Cap 25 popped the first week, then I got a so-so copy for $10 down the line. I then got a NM about a year ago on a well known mail order site from the back issues, it was just sitting there for less than cover and nobody wanted it. Now it's heating up again. Why couldn't I ever get a cheap copy of something like Teen Titans 12, or whatever? None of it makes any sense how the market cools and then increases tenfold.

I found the same thing with this issue as an example. The ups and downs of so many books like this are following the weekly release schedule of a TV series, it's crazy! If you're on the ball with these shows you can do well in the flipping market.

I totally get it for certain books that you can bet will hold their value but there are so many that no one will care about when the series are done.

7 minutes ago, RickSp said:

I found the same thing with this issue as an example. The ups and downs of so many books like this are following the weekly release schedule of a TV series, it's crazy! If you're on the ball with these shows you can do well in the flipping market.

I totally get it for certain books that you can bet will hold their value but there are so many that no one will care about when the series are done.

The shows are HUGE. FATWS is said to have an audience of 2 million people per week. If 1% of 1% of that audience decides to look for key issues related to episodes as they run... that's a lot of new buys suddenly looking for an issue all at once Friday night/Saturday morning and a bit beyond. But the thing is these story beats are somewhat predictable for comics fans. Not totally, see Mephisto, but we all saw ASM Annual 16 before it really blew up, same with Cap 25, and if Bishop is doing this with no news then yeah X-Men 282 will only get bigger. 

All you have to do is follow these threads. Truthfully I picked up Disney+ but I haven't checked out Wandavision or FATWS yet. But I have been picking up copies of Truth #1 for like a year so I made out okay all the same. Not sure if I'll hit on anything for Loki but there is still plenty of time to pick up TVA books...

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

The shows are HUGE. FATWS is said to have an audience of 2 million people per week. If 1% of 1% of that audience decides to look for key issues related to episodes as they run... that's a lot of new buys suddenly looking for an issue all at once Friday night/Saturday morning and a bit beyond. But the thing is these story beats are somewhat predictable for comics fans. Not totally, see Mephisto, but we all saw ASM Annual 16 before it really blew up, same with Cap 25, and if Bishop is doing this with no news then yeah X-Men 282 will only get bigger. 

All you have to do is follow these threads. Truthfully I picked up Disney+ but I haven't checked out Wandavision or FATWS yet. But I have been picking up copies of Truth #1 for like a year so I made out okay all the same. Not sure if I'll hit on anything for Loki but there is still plenty of time to pick up TVA books...

Very true, I enjoy this thread to see where the trends hit each week. 

Loki seems a tough one as most of his keys are pretty pricey and I don't know of any that sit in the modern category. Perhaps it's the likes of the supporting cast to speculate on (such as Owen Wilson whose character name I forget but I know his FF issue popped after the trailer).

What's TVA by the way?

9 minutes ago, RickSp said:

Very true, I enjoy this thread to see where the trends hit each week. 

Loki seems a tough one as most of his keys are pretty pricey and I don't know of any that sit in the modern category. Perhaps it's the likes of the supporting cast to speculate on (such as Owen Wilson whose character name I forget but I know his FF issue popped after the trailer).

What's TVA by the way?

The Time Variance Authority, they watch over the timestream and they detain Loki in the trailer. Still very affordable and if they play a big role they could jump. And time traveling so people are picking up Kid Loki's first app which is a modern book, Loki first shape-shifts into a woman in a modern book, there's stuff you could be on the lookout for. I don't have any of it myself and I'm not particularly interesting in chasing any of these down but if I chance across them somehow I'll grab em. When I hit that 90 minutes away place I'll probably look through the stacks and see if they have the Kid Loki book at least, they seem to have lots of nice moderns.

I have a Mortal Kombat II Collector's edition that I found in a bin for $3 that I need to throw up for auction. Not NM but should fetch maybe $150 based on what I've seen? Meant to get it up before the movie dropped but oh well. Need to go buy a scanner today.

Maybe I'm being silly but I'm a bit concerned about damaging books when I scan them - anything I need to know to avoid avoid or is it fairly intuitive? (shrug)