• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

The skins will be available in the Fortnite store (proper name?) the day of release for issues 2-6. The skin for issue 1 is the only print exclusive skin. Link

With that said, I don’t know how much skins sell for in the store or for how long they are available. Anybody here familiar with how other exclusive skins have been handled? 

The skin for #1 is not print exclusive.....

1 hour ago, Second Blight said:

Correct, Print and DC’s subscription service only for now. Digital issues do not have codes. Won’t be in the Fortnite store until this summer. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

8 hours ago, the blob said:

Interestingly enough, while Invincible key and early issues are selling for hefty prices, most of the rest of the run seems to be selling and listed at $3-5. Indeed, I went through a stack of about 20 issues I have and aside from one $50 book and 2 $10-12 books, it looks like everything else I had falls into that category. In this era that seems awfully cheap, particularly as many of those issues in up through the 70s had sub-20K print runs. I'm just tempted to list all my filler issues at $10-12 each with B/O and wait for the market to catch up, like it did with WD books. Once the cheap copies are bought up (which would take very little as we are only talking about a few per issue).... OR do we think folks interested in reading these are just buying TPBs or reading them online and the filler issues may never see action?

I need a bunch of issues between 10-70. Want my list?

8 hours ago, the blob said:

Interestingly enough, while Invincible key and early issues are selling for hefty prices, most of the rest of the run seems to be selling and listed at $3-5. Indeed, I went through a stack of about 20 issues I have and aside from one $50 book and 2 $10-12 books, it looks like everything else I had falls into that category. In this era that seems awfully cheap, particularly as many of those issues in up through the 70s had sub-20K print runs. I'm just tempted to list all my filler issues at $10-12 each with B/O and wait for the market to catch up, like it did with WD books. Once the cheap copies are bought up (which would take very little as we are only talking about a few per issue).... OR do we think folks interested in reading these are just buying TPBs or reading them online and the filler issues may never see action?

Around the time #110 came out, there was a digital package of every issue up to then available for I think $75. I bought that at the time and then started getting the new issues monthly. Personally, I prefer reading collections for older books. I tend to only read single issues when they're new and the only way to read a book. It doesn't make sense in my mind playing a premium for a single issue to read, as if it's selling for a premium that says there's value in it, so why chance damaging it?

20 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Around the time #110 came out, there was a digital package of every issue up to then available for I think $75. I bought that at the time and then started getting the new issues monthly. Personally, I prefer reading collections for older books. I tend to only read single issues when they're new and the only way to read a book. It doesn't make sense in my mind playing a premium for a single issue to read, as if it's selling for a premium that says there's value in it, so why chance damaging it?

Just an aside really, but I read my comic books in a hardcover Overstreet or in The Art of Glamour. That's worked for me so far...readily available hardcover comic reference books! (thumbsu

20 minutes ago, Pat Thomas said:

I plan on listing my copies at next month's prices. I see no reason to sell any of them for $5-6 and under, which is what you can get some of them for on ebay right now. These are books that had pretty low print runs (a chunk lower than walking dead in the same years and those WD books exploded when they took off). When the 5 or 6 cheap copies of each issue get bought up I think most of these will be double digit books. Half the sellers seem to be taking this approach, pricing them at $10-12 each in anticipation.

With that said, successful animated shows do not seem to drive back issue prices the same way as live action, even though Invincible is really popular. Otherwise we'd be seeing some bounce in various Harley Quinn issues (Love on the Lam, etc.), Crazy this only sold for $53: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-And-Ivy-Love-on-the-Lam-2001-CGC-9-8-Sexy-Joe-Chiodo-Cover-/293408820240?epid=1272124016&hash=item4450874c10%3Ag%3AFr8AAOSw2RdeEYbG&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557   I was selling raw copies for $25+ not that long ago.

11 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

The skins will be available in the Fortnite store (proper name?) the day of release for issues 2-6. The skin for issue 1 is the only print exclusive skin. Link

With that said, I don’t know how much skins sell for in the store or for how long they are available. Anybody here familiar with how other exclusive skins have been handled? 

You purchase V bucks with money to get the skins. 

2 hours ago, Pat Thomas said:
10 hours ago, the blob said:

Actually the later issues sell better as sets. The last arc storyline that ends it sells very well. I bought them all for $1 each last year and think I sold the set for like $80 and I would think more now. 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

It’s been announced as having a live action series or film, hasn’t it? True the animated shows don’t move them like live action does.

Can you imagine what live action would do for Invincible? If I am selling issues for $50 to $100 as animated. 

There maybe another wave if they goes action later down the road.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

I plan on listing my copies at next month's prices. I see no reason to sell any of them for $5-6 and under, which is what you can get some of them for on ebay right now. These are books that had pretty low print runs (a chunk lower than walking dead in the same years and those WD books exploded when they took off). When the 5 or 6 cheap copies of each issue get bought up I think most of these will be double digit books. Half the sellers seem to be taking this approach, pricing them at $10-12 each in anticipation.

With that said, successful animated shows do not seem to drive back issue prices the same way as live action, even though Invincible is really popular. Otherwise we'd be seeing some bounce in various Harley Quinn issues (Love on the Lam, etc.), Crazy this only sold for $53: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-And-Ivy-Love-on-the-Lam-2001-CGC-9-8-Sexy-Joe-Chiodo-Cover-/293408820240?epid=1272124016&hash=item4450874c10%3Ag%3AFr8AAOSw2RdeEYbG&nma=true&si=BZbpsjZvXBDBh7scMVfgI%2BAabNw%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557   I was selling raw copies for $25+ not that long ago.

Sometimes the raw issue is more in demand occasionally. That issue is pretty hard to find normally.

5 hours ago, Second Blight said:
11 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

What's really fascinating about Fortnite is they were so popular at one point they tried to challenge Google and Apple fees for their app store. 

49 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

What's really fascinating about Fortnite is they were so popular at one point they tried to challenge Google and Apple fees for their app store. 

Epic has sued Apple, and the case comes before the courts this week, IIRC.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Can you imagine what live action would do for Invincible? If I am selling issues for $50 to $100 as animated. 

There maybe another wave if they goes action later down the road.

there might be an invincibe movie, but  i don't see this as a live action show... the episodes would cost $25-40 million a pop with all the required CGI and the big name actors (I guess we couldn't use the same actors though as yuen is too old and jk simmons is too old too)

Sometimes the raw issue is more in demand occasionally. That issue is pretty hard to find normally.

I've had one sitting in my store for under $25 since forever and not even a lowball offer

Actually the later issues sell better as sets. The last arc storyline that ends it sells very well. I bought them all for $1 each last year and think I sold the set for like $80 and I would think more now. 

I don't have them consecutively for sets, just a mish mosh of whatever my shop put in the dollar box that did not sell on the rack or subscriptions that did not get paid for, but frankly, i'm not seeing sets do that well either. there are story arcs no doubt, like issue 61 starts, that are probaby expensive

You purchase V bucks with money to get the skins. 

Right, I’m familiar with that concept. Just don’t know how much similar skins like ant man have sold for (v bucks) and how long they were in the store for. 

The store availability and price for skins also featured issues 2-6 will limit any secondary market value.