• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I recently bought 3 copies of secret warriors 2 2nd print because I thought it would jump at some point...guess I was just in time because I am still waiting on one...

I posted this over in the Coppers thread, but since the Contessa Val spec applies to some Moderns as well, figured I'd mention here. While looking into details of some of the early-mid '80s Special Edition reprint books, I noticed that Strange Tales 159 was reprinted in Captain America Special Edition 2. Not a lot of action on it on eBay right now, but certainly there's more interest in reprint books now than there used to be, and it's a nice cover. I'm guessing the first time the 1st appearance was reprinted?

image.png.c06b9912b43ac9560665e865a23fb01b.png

15 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

The skins will be available in the Fortnite store (proper name?) the day of release for issues 2-6. The skin for issue 1 is the only print exclusive skin. Link

With that said, I don’t know how much skins sell for in the store or for how long they are available. Anybody here familiar with how other exclusive skins have been handled? 

NONE of the skins in the EPIC game store are discontinued. ALL skins are eventually brought back into the store.

8 minutes ago, Bare.min said:

Ok yeah. Just checked and it looks like 2nd print 6th May and then a 3rd print on 1st June. Will these have same Harley skin as 1st print? Would be great if they had different exclusive game stuff but I doubt it 

edit - saw another listing stating 19th May for 3rd print. 

Also 6th May and 1st of Jun dates can’t be right, but whatever there’s a 2nd and 3rd incoming! 

Yeah, it’s the same skin. The only thing that hasn’t been confirmed is the special Batman skin you unlock by redeeming all 6 codes. Not sure if it means that you can use the Harley code and buy the rest and still get the Batman skin or if you have to redeem all 6 codes. 

8 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

That’s helpful. Any idea how much similar comic skins cost?

The only other skin offer I can remember is the Android / Samsung skin that you could only get if you could prove you had a samsung android phone. Three years ago people were selling their accounts for large money when they said they had that skin but I can't find anything comparable.

DC did this before with another title but it was for their digital DC game and that never went anywhere. Fortnite is a different beast all together. Just look at how much the physical versions sell for.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I posted this over in the Coppers thread, but since the Contessa Val spec applies to some Moderns as well, figured I'd mention here. While looking into details of some of the early-mid '80s Special Edition reprint books, I noticed that Strange Tales 159 was reprinted in Captain America Special Edition 2. Not a lot of action on it on eBay right now, but certainly there's more interest in reprint books now than there used to be, and it's a nice cover. I'm guessing the first time the 1st appearance was reprinted?

image.png.c06b9912b43ac9560665e865a23fb01b.png

Strangely enough, it was first reprinted (as far as I know) in Captain Britain 1 from the UK. That book already has heat on it so I'm suspecting the reprint aspect is not the reason people are buying it. People don't buy Iron Man 55 for the Blood Brothers.

On 2/14/2021 at 3:48 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Prior to Venom LP suddenly catching fire with the movie, etc., I sold off several long boxes of 90's comics - some of those issues to my regret. Fortunately, being a comic hoarder to some degree I didn't part with everything. Once other 90's ish comics started taking off randomly, I decided to keep the remaining long boxes with titles along the lines that you just mentioned. Waiting for the comeback especially with shows and movies tapping into the 90's comic stories.

Still kicking myself for grading and selling a nice Voltron 1 a few years ago. Should have kept that one.:pullhair:

I bought a very nice condition Voltron 1 at a con for $1 in 2013 to use in a binding project, filling out some childhood comics that were otherwise all in rough shape.

I love the resulting book but having that single issue in there looking otherwise pristine haunts me a little.

Can I really go wrong with continuing to buy Young Guns 2004 and Marvel Spotlight Young Avengers cheap?
I have really bought quite a few cheap now and have a chance to buy another dozen under $10 each. Is there
a downside here I am not seeing? I already bought all the Marvel Heroes books I could find as well.

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Can I really go wrong with continuing to buy Young Guns 2004 and Marvel Spotlight Young Avengers cheap?
I have really bought quite a few cheap now and have a chance to buy another dozen under $10 each. Is there
a downside here I am not seeing? I already bought all the Marvel Heroes books I could find as well.

Absolutely not wrong.  Young Guns for sure.  

Spotlight a bit less so.  

When Young Avengers really pops (yes, I don't think it fully has), people will want them. 

Young Guns has so much going for it. 

Patrick 

11 hours ago, NWOslave said:

are there any tie ins books from Hickman's Secret Wars that are sought after? Civil War, The Infinity Gauntlet, Thors, A-Force for example?

A-Force 1 already goes for a bit of a premium, and tends to see a spike when there's any suggestion of the potential of an all-female team in the MCU.

On 4/17/2021 at 6:54 PM, Jkelly said:

Yeah, I think this one is just the suit. The persona of "Mr. Knight" doesn't come into play til #1. 

What a difference a few days make. Secret Avengers #19 was $10-$15 and below last Saturday. Now...+$30

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l2632&_nkw=secret+avengers+19&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=900&_odkw=moon+knight+1&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

Venom #3 selling for 300-350 for a 9.8 now. Cates just killed that book. I genuinely have no idea what he was thinking with Dylan. I think at this point the Tynion vs Cates debate can officially be put to rest. Nice to see Hell Arisen #3 selling for 400 for a 9.8 now. Punchline is here to stay. 35k print run, run was cut with a dull knife so tons of corner damage on most of the run. And shops across the board under ordered on it because no one realized she was first full in this book until after Final Order Cut off. Hell Arisen #3 was lightning in a bottle for speccers. 

Edited by RJ MacReady
added more info

9 minutes ago, comixry said:

I was about to comment that.. Saturday no copies above $20.. now some selling for $40 and many listed much higher

1 hour ago, RJ MacReady said:

Venom #3 selling for 300-350 for a 9.8 now. Cates just killed that book. I genuinely have no idea what he was thinking with Dylan. I think at this point the Tynion vs Cates debate can officially be put to rest. Nice to see Hell Arisen #3 selling for 400 for a 9.8 now. Punchline is here to stay. 35k print run, run was cut with a dull knife so tons of corner damage on most of the run. And shops across the board under ordered on it because no one realized she was first full in this book until after Final Order Cut off. Hell Arisen #3 was lightning in a bottle for speccers. 

Any time a writer works for Marvel they wear them out. He has talent he is just stretched to thin. 

Or no one cares about Punchline and didn't order it just saying. Nobody asked about it
they cared about Batman Fortnite. I passed on Punchline signed copies because I couldnt justify
the price.

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I was about to comment that.. Saturday no copies above $20.. now some selling for $40 and many listed much higher

To use a white suit & mask at some point in the Disney+ show seems plausible. I can only think of 2 caped MCU characters, Vision and Dr. Strange. Both can fly. A caped Moon Knight seems cumbersome. Even Ghost the villain in the Ant-Man movie did not have the cape-like accessory from the original Iron Man comics. Maybe we'll see an evolution of Moon Knight caped first then onto the suit. Either way the dry cleaning bill is gonna be high for any kind of white suit.