• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Greatest selling opportunity of our lifetime....sell your collectibles, homes, whatever...while the market is insane....it's a cycle. A crash will happen. 

If it is cyclic I'm optimistic the boom will go on for another 18 months or so before we see a drop off

Edited by Dr. Dank

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

As some mentioned above I had this discussion with my LCS owner yesterday. He is stunned by the 
amount of money flowing into the hobby. As some of mentioned at some point prices will adjust, but
I don't see it anytime soon for numerous reasons. Also he hates DC and says their books dont sell anymore
which outside of Batman I agree. 

There are less comics shops - Many folded during Covid and never opened back up.

A huge influx of new collectors - I cant even count the number of new customers I have had in the last 
year many were zero FB on ebay which scared me at the time. 

Online Sales - People are now completely comfortable buying online with all types of Venues. Ebay
IG, Facebook, Etsy, Goodwill, Auction houses, Amazon(cant pack worth :censored:) etc...

Growth of slab market - Probably the fastest growth in our industry now, but also the biggest problem. 

And some sellers are scared of the new IRS rules which helps sellers like me.

My sales in 4 months this year are very near my entire year last year and that was my best year as
a seller. Read that again and let it sink in. 

Man,  I gotto list more books tonight

6 minutes ago, williamblood said:

the card collectors coming in have really lite a fire in the market. people talk about a crash, but atm I don't se that coming anytime soon, it would take an economic downturn like 08 for it to happen.

people compare it to the early 90s. but the print runs are a fraction of that time. 

Yep, and as long as the print runs don't explode I don't think comic fans have anything to worry about. I feel like the card collectors are mostly buying graded books or back issues, they're not in shops on NCBD

Edited by BoogieWoogie

Does this seem like shill bidding to anybody else?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333968525692?hash=item4dc213497c:g:BeUAAOSwBC1gf2fY

For context, the comic is in horrible condition (see the cuts along the right side of the front), but with three days to go it's already higher than the other NM copies up for bid. An unequivocally better copy ending sooner sits at 60 atm. I could see *maybe* it getting a burst at the last minute, but as this stage? There's only two bidders at present pushing it up, one of which has zero feedback. Very suspect.

On 4/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Did I miss it? 

Is Vulcan popping?

I vaguely remember a conversation with the LCS owner weeks after I bought this 2nd appearance in 9.8 for $10 in store

Anyway :wishluck:

Weird that, itd be er the luck of em er.... the draw

4009824_Full_Obv.jpg

Yeah it’s not his second appearance either. He appears in all 3 issues before #4. So at best a 4th appearance. Still a great price in a 9.8. 

3 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Yep, and as long as the print runs don't explode I don't think comic fans have anything to worry about. I feel like the card collectors are mostly buying graded books or back issues, they're not in shops on NCBD

yep, the majority of them are not buying pre foc, so print runs are not increasing that much. 

6 hours ago, williamblood said:

yep, the majority of them are not buying pre foc, so print runs are not increasing that much. 

And apparently in the krapper for DC. Alas, I wonder if marvel's distribution move will make it harder to determine print runs? I think having that comichron data is valuable. When I see invincible books that had sub 20k print runs still at $5 I see some upside.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:29 PM, Broke as a Joke said:
On 4/23/2021 at 10:15 PM, rckstr1253 said:

Was Vulcan rumored??

No. Just people thinking of a longshot spec play.  It's really ridiculous.

Ive got 70 views on a copy I put up at midnight last night and 2 watchers already.
All take the longshot play sale np.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Geez.  What is going on with Jon Kent?  Any movie news?

Convergence Superman #2 sold for a $100 recently and this is bidded pretty high too?  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353465166535?hash=item524c2a6ac7:g:240AAOSwcshgf3rc

bid history on that book tells you someone either wants it very bad or wants everyone else
to think something.