• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

bid history on that book tells you someone either wants it very bad or wants everyone else
to think something.

I think I may have found out why.  Jon Kent is officially taking over the Superman mantel. 

https://www.superherohype.com/comics/496496-dcs-superman-son-of-kal-el-series-kicks-off-later-this-year#/slide/1

14 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Cap 25 is Nuclear 

cap 25 fleabay

Marvel Comics Presents #72

MCP #72 fleabay

Daredevil #9

DD 9 fleabay

Moonknight (2014) #1

MK #1 fleabay

Smh on Cap 25. Sure I'm glad I have a couple copies, but come on! This something being $3 one day, 100 the next is for the birds.

What's up with MCP 72? People priced out of Hulk 181, then the Wolves mini series, then the 1988 series? 

3 minutes ago, brentdevil said:

Smh on Cap 25. Sure I'm glad I have a couple copies, but come on! This something being $3 one day, 100 the next is for the birds.

What's up with MCP 72? People priced out of Hulk 181, then the Wolves mini series, then the 1988 series? 

Re: MCP 72 - Probably a lot of spec that Disney will make a film or series around Weapon X. There were some articles a week or so ago. All of which hit a day or so after I sold a couple copies for around $20 each. :tonofbricks:

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Re: MCP 72 - Probably a lot of spec that Disney will make a film or series around Weapon X. There were some articles a week or so ago. All of which hit a day or so after I sold a couple copies for around $20 each. :tonofbricks:

I honestly think when they do Wolvie, they'll skip Weapon X entirely a la Spider-Man's origin. We saw that and Major Stryker done to death in the previous series, it feels like they showed him getting the claws 4 different times!

53 minutes ago, brentdevil said:

Cap 25 has been selling well for 2 months. Its went thru the roof this week when he put on the costume makes sense.

6 hours ago, HeroOfTheBeach said:

Action 583 by Alan Moore from 1986 has an appearance of Jonathan Kent.  Rather have this than convergence anything. 

D8634A93-37A9-4501-A92D-78EA1450080D.jpeg

171ECE82-3D26-41C5-B37D-F5EDE81160B4.jpeg

Unless your profits from the sale bought you several copies. Lol. 

Edited by Corona smith

20 hours ago, siro123 said:

Cap 25 is Nuclear 

cap 25 fleabay

Marvel Comics Presents #72

MCP #72 fleabay

Daredevil #9

DD 9 fleabay

Moonknight (2014) #1

MK #1 fleabay

Marvel Comics Presents 72 was a great book to explode.  I sold off the few I was able to grab out of my $5 boxes and made a killing.  No Cap 25 in the boxes which is surprising. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Marvel Comics Presents 72 was a great book to explode.  I sold off the few I was able to grab out of my $5 boxes and made a killing.  No Cap 25 in the boxes which is surprising. 

I caught a Cap #25 for $8 yesterday but it's the anti-bullying variant. Should be able to off it for a quick $20 or so though, better than nothing (shrug)

9 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

When Cap 25 came out, I was going to pick it up purely for spec, but then I thought "No, this is clearly going to have tons of people speculating, and isn't going to be worth anything"

JMO, and I could be wrong, but I think these shows are bringing in a few thousand new buyers. Not crazy numbers compared to the viewership but the print runs of these books aren't THAT large. And then you have collectors whose focus is elsewhere also buying in. Like basketball and Pokemon card collectors. Again in small numbers but compared to the print count of these books, especially when you slice down to the portion of them that are available and up for purchase, it really doesn't take a large influx of buyers to make a book really move... I think it becomes clearer why so many books are suddenly going 4x or more

On 4/24/2021 at 12:18 PM, fastballspecial said:

Growth of slab market - Probably the fastest growth in our industry now, but also the biggest problem. 

can you elaborate on this

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Over past few weeks, Ive grabbed up every MCP 72 from back issue bins. Weren't in the dollar bins, but I found 3 copies (ranged in price from $4-$8). I think a couple are NM+ or better. One looks just NM (possibly NM-). Has a couple tiny spine ticks.