• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2021 at 6:52 AM, williamblood said:

cover A always beats other open order covers in prices, unless the book has a 1st app and new character only appears on another open order cover. 

Skullkickers 1 homage cover was more. I love and hate the cover because you can't determine condition due to the fake creasing

21 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Kinda funny that people call it the "Rosen" variant considering that guy never existed. The marketing for the Sentry was awesome. Also, makes sense that the Rosen (actually also a Jae Lee cover) was an incentive variant and the SDCC was a show variant. The Rosen is a much cooler cover IMO and goes with the marketing theme they went for with it being a lost character that they discovered in an old filing cabinet. This series is one of my absolute favorites. I own the OA for the #2 and #3 covers.

21 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

Kinda funny that people call it the "Rosen" variant considering that guy never existed. The marketing for the Sentry was awesome. Also, makes sense that the Rosen (actually also a Jae Lee cover) was an incentive variant and the SDCC was a show variant. The Rosen is a much cooler cover IMO and goes with the marketing theme they went for with it being a lost character that they discovered in an old filing cabinet. This series is one of my absolute favorites. I own the OA for the #2 and #3 covers.

Me too.  It's Dr Rosen Rosen, BTW.

I was so upset when they revealed it was a farce.  Then I loved the sneaking.  Totally unique. 

Patrick

4 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

I think the "Rosen" variant was drawn by John Romita Sr. In fact, not to give myself any credit at all, but I think I knew it was a farce from the start since the doctored "Artie Rosen" sketch in Wizard was very obviously late stage Romita Sr, that I mostly chalked up to a Wizard gag. The SDCC variant is by Lee though- I actually like that one better with all the pulpy blue printing dots, the incentive is just one of those white background things Marvel liked to do a la Ultimate Spider-Man 1, but to each his own.