• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

A dealer friend got one for $1 at a sidewalk sale I was at...I remember him holding the book up to show me. he sold it shortly after for $350.. it was around 8.5 raw.. still hurts lol.

$350 is maybe not even what that book would get now considering there is a CGC 8.5 for under $450. 

i hope you found your own treasures in the boxes you hit at least?

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

$350 is maybe not even what that book would get now considering there is a CGC 8.5 for under $450. 

i hope you found your own treasures in the boxes you hit at least?

Yeah that sale was 3 years ago 

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

I was not following good so closely 3 years ago, were they selling for more than?

I would say it’s steady. It’s an incredibly rare tough to find book that rarely comes to market so buyers will pay any type of premium in any condition. The sales are scarce, so establishing a value leaves an open price. My friend’s highest offer was $350 and he took it

1 hour ago, littledoom said:

I would say it’s steady. It’s an incredibly rare tough to find book that rarely comes to market so buyers will pay any type of premium in any condition. The sales are scarce, so establishing a value leaves an open price. My friend’s highest offer was $350 and he took it

There are 11 for sale right now on ebay and 6 sales in the last few months. A few are on the rough side, true, and I would not order from Italy or Germany, where a few of them are.

5 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Not sure why he isn't hyped his art/storytelling is amazing.  Still can't believe I found a #1 Avatar at a Coliseum of Comics location about 6 years back.  Was just sitting in the back-issue bin for like $4-no backing board just a bag.  Stuck it in the stack of books, went to counter and the employee paused for one nanosecond when she saw it and just rang it up.  Never have I gotten any stealth find like that in a COC shop before, or ever since.

In that shop? Wow that was a find. Thats the most overpriced comic store I have ever been too.

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

In that shop? Wow that was a find. Thats the most overpriced comic store I have ever been too.

Yep, the location by the Millennia Mall; that is their main store.  Couldn't believe it either as I just looked at it in the bin with my hand on it thinking it was a prank. Whoever priced that from a collection and put it in the bin had no idea what it was, and either did the cashier girl, though she did give a quick pause like she kind of knew it was older and much more obscure looking for a $4 price tag.  That is the exception, though.  Most of the time you'd be lucky to stealth buy a $15 book for cover before they find out about it, and that was pre-Key Collector etc.

Looks like Captain America 25 (1st Sam as Cap) is nearing $100 for raws. Any one thinks this has long term prospects or sell now? I think FWS went beyond most people's expectations, maybe even more than WandaVision. 

7 minutes ago, Lpgk said:

Looks like Captain America 25 (1st Sam as Cap) is nearing $100 for raws. Any one thinks this has long term prospects or sell now? I think FWS went beyond most people's expectations, maybe even more than WandaVision. 

if you're interested in that money now.. if you're interested in more for a copy wait till the upcoming Captain America 4 movie... he's the linchpin of the Avengers team so I'd keep long term and see it blossom over the next decade .. especially the 2nd prints

2 minutes ago, littledoom said:

if you're interested in that money now.. if you're interested in more for a copy wait till the upcoming Captain America 4 movie... he's the linchpin of the Avengers team so I'd keep long term and see it blossom over the next decade .. especially the 2nd prints

I def agree on the 2nd prints. real sleeper as there are much less out there than the first prints. 

12 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

New Avengers 40 has popped, especially the newsstand and 2nd printings...

First appearance of Skrull Queen Veranke

holy smokes, 1st prints are $40+. we don't even know if this character is even in the movie, much less who's playing her. 

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Okay, I need a qualifier. 

More than Mile High?  

Patrick

I cant speak to the Mile High Store, but I can speak to CoC. Ive been there several times over the years and they are
really high. I don't know how they sell anything honestly. But it must work they have several stores. I did see them using
Graham Crackers website to price books and I thought that was funny as I was digging thru boxes. 

26 minutes ago, gradejunky said:

Yep, the location by the Millennia Mall; that is their main store.  Couldn't believe it either as I just looked at it in the bin with my hand on it thinking it was a prank. Whoever priced that from a collection and put it in the bin had no idea what it was, and either did the cashier girl, though she did give a quick pause like she kind of knew it was older and much more obscure looking for a $4 price tag.  That is the exception, though.  Most of the time you'd be lucky to stealth buy a $15 book for cover before they find out about it, and that was pre-Key Collector etc.

Fortunately most employees aren't that dedicated.

9 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Not sure why he isn't hyped his art/storytelling is amazing.  Still can't believe I found a #1 Avatar at a Coliseum of Comics location about 6 years back.  Was just sitting in the back-issue bin for like $4-no backing board just a bag.  Stuck it in the stack of books, went to counter and the employee paused for one nanosecond when she saw it and just rang it up.  Never have I gotten any stealth find like that in a COC shop before, or ever since.

It's so fun when that happens!

I found a Goon #1 Dark Horse '03 at HPB for $0.50. It came back a 9.6

That was at the same same store that I found a Y The Last Man #1 for $1.50. That one came back 9.8 after a joey-press.

The young girl at the counter ringing it up did the same thing - she paused for a good long time looking at that YTLM B|

That particular HPB store is no longer in business though. :sorry:

Edited by jcjames