• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

I think both of the Frison covers are great and I have I think 3 copies of each for issues 1 and 2... but I have... substantially more copies of Cover A, 2nd print Cover A, and I ordered 15 copies of Wonder Girl 1 Cover A to go along with a couple copies of the spot foil variant. Think that spot foil variant could be the big Yara book but we'll see.

I'm genuinely excited about the story too. I hope Joelle Jones can give Yara a compelling rogues gallery during her run.

have you seen the kindrick kunka exclusive cover? thicc is an understatement . lol
i dig her and not just because of her looks. Jones really did a good job making her completely different from diana. the detachable thumb panel was hilarious. 

18 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

ill go with FFWW1 as the key book. all things considered i would say DM7 would be the cameo. and we all know how cameo's are viewed.

I personally really like that Jenny Frison cover B on issue 2 not for spec purposes just taste. 

Ok I usually know the acronyms, but what is DM 7?

16 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

have you seen the kindrick kunka exclusive cover? thicc is an understatement . lol
i dig her and not just because of her looks. Jones really did a good job making her completely different from diana. the detachable thumb panel was hilarious. 

Yeah, she's funny and I hope we see a little more of what her anger problems costs her in the upcoming run. I'm not very familiar with Jones but if I like this run I'll explore her other work.

I am mostly captivated by the Grampa cover. I know JSC is very popular but I am pretty ambivalent about his cover. I may try and get the full set of covers for this book though. Haven't made up my mind on the 1:25 or the 1:50... I'm usually not one for incentive variants. 

9 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Yeah, she's funny and I hope we see a little more of what her anger problems costs her in the upcoming run. I'm not very familiar with Jones but if I like this run I'll explore her other work.

I am mostly captivated by the Grampa cover. I know JSC is very popular but I am pretty ambivalent about his cover. I may try and get the full set of covers for this book though. Haven't made up my mind on the 1:25 or the 1:50... I'm usually not one for incentive variants. 

im not a fan of jsc. his Yara has no hips to speak of. well, maybe a tad bit more than his typical drawing but not much. 

i look forward to this book but knowing DC they will fu*k it up somehow someway. if she becomes more popular than the future state batman i see them putting her on ice. batman batman batman. 

20 minutes ago, NWOslave said:

im not a fan of jsc. his Yara has no hips to speak of. well, maybe a tad bit more than his typical drawing but not much. 

i look forward to this book but knowing DC they will fu*k it up somehow someway. if she becomes more popular than the future state batman i see them putting her on ice. batman batman batman. 

I'm not a fan of JSC either. Just don't get it but to each their own.

I think DC has big plans for Yara. She already has a CW show in the works - don't laugh they appear to be taking their television properties more seriously with HBO Max - and they look like they're putting some weight behind her solo series at least initially. We'll see how long it lasts. Until this drops I don't read any DC besides Batman though so maybe I'm part of the problem lol 

25 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

Don’t forget ladies and gents 

Dc Comics Presents : Future State nn 

Beats FSWW1& DM7 by two months. Money book ? Probably not

But .....1st Yara Cover, in all her curvy glory 

78964E3E-19E0-4CDD-B8A5-8FFD9E662754.thumb.jpeg.999b1b4803138e5016afd1845e745233.jpeg

cameo

8 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

If it came out after 1980 you probably don't know.

:makepoint::insane:

Hey!  I sell a bunch of books between 1980 and 1993.  After that the books get way to crappy for me to bother with!

4 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

My Future State Wonder Woman stash is going to pay off like that for me in another couple years. I hope lol 

Well to be honest I started buying them before any news because they were dirt cheap from the 70s. I mean 
when you can buy a high grade copy for $3 and sometimes $1 or $2 they were hard to pass up. 

Unsure about Wonder Woman. I am not a DC speculator currently outside of an occasional cheap finds like
Action 9 and Earth 25s as of late.

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

Well to be honest I started buying them before any news because they were dirt cheap from the 70s. I mean 
when you can buy a high grade copy for $3 and sometimes $1 or $2 they were hard to pass up. 

Unsure about Wonder Woman. I am not a DC speculator currently outside of an occasional cheap finds like
Action 9 and Earth 25s as of late.

I'm not a DC speculator either. This just feels good to me and that's probably a bad sign lol

Certainly there hasn't been anywhere near as much action on the DC front in terms of speculation but that probably presents buying opportunities for folks that know DC. But you have to have some faith that they will get their TV and film stuff right to draw in the casual audiences that have been boosting Marvel books... they're giving it a lot of effort and I like the volume of stuff they're trying... some of it has to hit, right? I mean HBO puts out a lot of quality stuff, that partnership has to help things, right? Hard to say but for some reason I love Yara Flor regardless of all of that (:

So has anyone else think we will slowdown yet in sales volume any time soon ?
I am all for sales, but I am reaching the point where this is getting ridiculous. 

I ask because I am seriously thinking about putting my store on vacation for a few days so
I can get some sleep. .... zzz

Edited by fastballspecial

19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So has anyone else think we will slowdown yet in sales volume any time soon ?
I am all for sales, but I am reaching the point where this is getting ridiculous. 

I ask because I am seriously thinking about putting my store on vacation for a few days so
I can get some sleep. .... zzz

Your store is more expansive than mine but just over the weekend alone I sold around two dozen slabs plus some private sales and I'm beat. 

I'm glad it's happening though and going to take advantage of it as long as possible without burning out.

Edited by CHASEnBLUE