• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Your store is more expansive than mine but just over the weekend alone I sold around two dozen slabs plus some private sales and I'm beat. 

I'm glad it's happening though and going to take advantage of it as long as possible without burning out.

I'll add that the buying trend for me at least has been better with BIN/best offer listings, and they generally go very quickly. For the past few years auctions moved items quicker overall, but it seems to have flipped, at least for the time being.  

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

8 minutes ago, HotKey said:

The black border 1 per store variant?

Didn't look at the slab closely enough. I only have one 1-per-store and it's not a 9.8. I have several very nice blue border copies.

Way too lazy to chase the 1-per-store on this and that'll be the case for this year's FCBD too lol

13 hours ago, the blob said:

I just bought a book for $9 from Mile High that was a quick flip on ebay for $50.

Every 1 millionth book they mess up the pricing.

I was able to get Invincible Iron Man 9 last summer for about $14 from them in VF I think. I know at the time everyone was focused on #7 as first Riri, but it was well after everyone knew she'd be coming to MCU I believe. (I'm never on top of these things)

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Time to get mine graded. (Sure hope I haven’t missed the boat). 

12A4E280-E051-4A1D-95DB-7BAF56E97794.png

Someone with GPA will know, but I don't think that is a huge jump from a previous high from well before 2021 (at least not compared to other 2021 jumps). I was looking at a thread in like 2010 and it sounded like it was going into four digits then.

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So has anyone else think we will slowdown yet in sales volume any time soon ?
I am all for sales, but I am reaching the point where this is getting ridiculous. 

I ask because I am seriously thinking about putting my store on vacation for a few days so
I can get some sleep. .... zzz

I dropped off so many Gemini mailers to the post office yesterday the worker asked me what is up with all the "odd" packages.  I think there was 30 of them in the pile which was a new record for me for a single drop off.  And I've actually been pretty lax on posting up new books just because my full time job is picking up and I'm gearing up for having fun this summer.  May the good times keep a Rollin! 

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

It's just been flat throughout all this surge and something changed in the past couple of weeks...

Possibly - I've not heard anything.  But I will say I've seen a huge surge in almost anything in a CGC 9.8 slab over the last couple weeks.  People seemed to concentrate on the hot book last month and now it's just seems to be a frenzy for graded 9.8s.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

CGC 9.6 or PGX 9.8 at the same price, where would you go?

buy the book not the grade...it is possible the PGX one is not bad...but obviously you're safer with CGC...check out the pictures and try to see if you think there's a chance CGC would agree with the grade, otherwise go with the sure thing...and press it?

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

CGC 9.6 or PGX 9.8 at the same price, where would you go?

Depends on the book, but PGX 9.8 would probably be the pick for me. I buy a lot of raws, slabbed to get signed for signature series so I hunt for good 9.6's to crack and re-grade after sig. Ive had some good luck. I cant recall ever getting a lower grade (Im sure its happened once or twice), but my bump rate is pretty good. Best one was a Batman 608 RRP that had a couple small spine ticks (it was 9.6). Got it signed by Jim Lee and it came back 9.8. I was a bit shocked.

On 5/4/2021 at 12:28 AM, BoogieWoogie said:

At that store or in general? I find that right now the market moves so fast that there are deals hanging out all over the place, especially online but in local shops too. I don't believe the hype around X-Men #161 will last fwiw but I have already bought five or six copies under $10 in the last week and I've already sold two for $30 each. Stuff like that is not getting repriced at the rate the market is moving if you're quick. Secret Wars #3 heating up out of nowhere is another example, though yeah some shops do stay more on top of their moderns at least.

I found a copy of Mortal Kombat II Collector's Edition in decent FN+ shape for $2.99 just a week or so ago. I may've missed the boat to sell that for max profits but I think I can get maybe $150 for it? And that was in a local shop so there's still plenty of stuff lurking out there with how fast random stuff has been heating up. IMO video game comics continue to be an area of opportunity if you can find them in high grade. They're almost always low print.

When I'm in Orlando, I prefer to drive to ACME in Longwood.

21 hours ago, NWOslave said:

ill go with FFWW1 as the key book. all things considered i would say DM7 would be the cameo. and we all know how cameo's are viewed.

I personally really like that Jenny Frison cover B on issue 2 not for spec purposes just taste. 

Not to be dense, but is FFWW 1 referring to "Future State Wonder Woman 1" or a different title? I'm not sure if the FF is a typo (versus FS) or if I'm just out of touch... :insane: