• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:
14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So has anyone else think we will slowdown yet in sales volume any time soon ?
I am all for sales, but I am reaching the point where this is getting ridiculous. 

I ask because I am seriously thinking about putting my store on vacation for a few days so
I can get some sleep. .... zzz

I dropped off so many Gemini mailers to the post office yesterday the worker asked me what is up with all the "odd" packages.  I think there was 30 of them in the pile which was a new record for me for a single drop off.  And I've actually been pretty lax on posting up new books just because my full time job is picking up and I'm gearing up for having fun this summer.  May the good times keep a Rollin! 

I am starting to come to the conclusion that this might become the norm. If this doesn't stop by August I will be completely convinced. My thoughts as conventions open back up that the onslaught will slow down. I have broken every record for me as seller this year and I am still seeing monthly increases currently. As you mentioned I am very thankful I have been selling for a long time as a new seller there is no way I could handle this volume increase.

Edited by fastballspecial

4 minutes ago, Eddragon said:

$800+ raw?! 
that is insane to me 

i've become numb to it.. just hold onto all the fist app keys.. they eventually go way up... that's to be expected anyways... these investments are all long games

16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

I am starting to come to the conclusion that this might become the norm. If this doesn't stop by August I will be completely convinced. My thoughts as conventions open back up that the onslaught will slow down. I have broken every record for me as seller this year and I am still seeing monthly increases currently. As you mentioned I am very thankful I have been selling for a long time as a new seller there is no way I could handle this volume increase.

I just looked and my sales are up 2.5x for the last 6 months compared to previous years!!  If I did this full time I can see why you guys must be hitting burn out levels.  Might be time for a little 4 day get away to a lake or beach.

19 minutes ago, littledoom said:

i've become numb to it.. just hold onto all the fist app keys.. they eventually go way up... that's to be expected anyways... these investments are all long games

I had to see it with my own eyes…just wow…crazy and frothy times for collectors looking to offload extra copies or titles they’ve stopped collecting. 

41A48475-DA84-4D6C-82E9-B8A436CA3DBA.jpeg

48 minutes ago, littledoom said:

EOSV 2 selling for $800+ raw.. pretty soon it'll be a $1,000 raw

I felt scammed paying $100 for it in 2018 or whatever... My what a difference a few years make.

Nobody bats 1000 all the time though... I also paid $250 for New Mutants 98 raw a couple years earlier than that. That was probably my worst purchase, could not believe how dumb I was for not getting it in the 2000s. I bet even with the bump it's roughly going for about the same raw now.

11 minutes ago, littledoom said:

A black actor is reportedly still playing Superman 

Yeah Kal-el, just regular kal-el. Which that means, no president Superman Calvin or Val-Zod. So it’s just swapping races like Nick Fury. 

3 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

Yeah Kal-el, just regular kal-el. Which that means, no president Superman Calvin or Val-Zod. So it’s just swapping races like Nick Fury. 

The Hollywood Reporter article didn't quite say that, the writer was conjecturing. They said it'll be a black Kryptonian with the traditional origin, possibly a period piece. If anything I would bet money on DC making him Calvin Ellis just to have their cake and eat it too. If they give him a black Earth family and make the whole thing a racial parable, I'd better dollars to donuts he's not going to be "Clark Kent" so as to not upset the traditionalists.

Edited by tacodog7

3 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

The Hollywood Reporter article didn't quite say that, the writer was conjecturing. They said it'll be a black Kryptonian with the traditional origin, possibly a period piece. If anything I would bet money on DC making him Calvin Ellis just to have their cake and eat it too. If they give him a black Earth family and make the whole thing a racial parable, I'd better dollars to donuts he's not going to be "Clark Kent" so as to not upset the traditionalists.

So the money is on Cal-El(lis)

2 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

DC has done some dumb move, but it would be terrible to switch Kal-El's race. It would be bound to fail. They need to follow Marvel's model with Miles Morales. Done perfectly. Connects with people across races.

I won't see a comic book movie that is made to make a political/racial statement. They need to stick to the comic storylines. Diversity exists there without trying to erase a superheroes history.

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

buy the book not the grade...it is possible the PGX one is not bad...but obviously you're safer with CGC...check out the pictures and try to see if you think there's a chance CGC would agree with the grade, otherwise go with the sure thing...and press it?

I am not going to "see" anything in either set of pictures over the internet

10 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

DC has done some dumb move, but it would be terrible to switch Kal-El's race. It would be bound to fail. They need to follow Marvel's model with Miles Morales. Done perfectly. Connects with people across races.

I won't see a comic book movie that is made to make a political/racial statement. They need to stick to the comic storylines. Diversity exists there without trying to erase a superheroes history.

In any event that's why I'd bet the farm on him being Calvin Ellis. They win over potential audience members on the fence who are okay with a "Miles Morales" Superman, plus the character is already built in and expected to be that. WB isn't going to make a headache for themselves by calling him Clark Kent and dooming the project from the start. No one would get it, they'd think he's replacing Cavill. I don't have too much interest in the project but I can at least admit I somewhat understand the idea "What If" instead of Kal-el being sent, a different black Kryptonian was. Hold on to those Final Crises 7 still people.

41 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I just looked and my sales are up 2.5x for the last 6 months compared to previous years!!  If I did this full time I can see why you guys must be hitting burn out levels.  Might be time for a little 4 day get away to a lake or beach.

My last invoice was $267. that's a lot for me. They just switched me to managed payments, so I guess the next one won't be as jarring.

2 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

In any event that's why I'd bet the farm on him being Calvin Ellis. They win over potential audience members on the fence who are okay with a "Miles Morales" Superman, plus the character is already built in and expected to be that. WB isn't going to make a headache for themselves by calling him Clark Kent and dooming the project from the start. No one would get it, they'd think he's replacing Cavill. I don't have too much interest in the project but I can at least admit I somewhat understand the idea "What If" instead of Kal-el being sent, a different black Kryptonian was. Hold on to those Final Crises 7 still people.

I am inclined to agree. This way they still keep regular superman. And maybe they team up at some point if people like Ellis.  Popping in and out of the multiverse is really easy. And they can do an "Earth" with less baggage. And maybe a Supergirl/Power Girl. 

200+ shipments with Gemini mailers and I got my first ones damaged. I can't figure out if it was the sandwhich I made inside the mailer or whatever, but corners got scrunched. Might not have happened if I double boarded each book as well as the sandwhich. really annoying. So now I have my Final Crisis 7 and Action 9 back, but they're mid-grade rather than the high grade copies i sent out. Maybe I need to learn how to press?

Anyone know why the Final Crisis 7 with Superman on the cover is so preferred over the one with the side borders? Same question with the Action 9 with Calvin Ellis opening his shirt vs. Calvin Ellis ripping out machinery? The latter seems harder to find than the shirt opening cover, yet seems to sell for a premium, despite both covers coming out at the same time and having Cal on the cover.

4 hours ago, PeterPark said:

Anyone know why the Final Crisis 7 with Superman on the cover is so preferred over the one with the side borders? Same question with the Action 9 with Calvin Ellis opening his shirt vs. Calvin Ellis ripping out machinery? The latter seems harder to find than the shirt opening cover, yet seems to sell for a premium, despite both covers coming out at the same time and having Cal on the cover.

Final Crisis makes no sense as isn't that him on the black cover at the top?