• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, tacodog7 said:

It was the same with the Jim Lee covers for Infinite Crisis looking really nice, and the B covers being hideous.

lol:screwy:

Can you taste food, or do you just live life with no taste whatsoever?

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

lol:screwy:

Can you taste food, or do you just live life with no taste whatsoever?

That's a pretty weird insult, I would say loving late-stage Perez phoning it in is more the matter of "taste." In any event I clearly taste tacos and hot dogs! (apparently, as I didn't pick this goofy username)

15 hours ago, BishopT said:

A raw Dark Avengers #1 sold for $73 today.

Now to be fair was this an auction or a BIN? I don't have time to look it up currently.

Auctions can be bring dumb prices from a bidding war. If its a BIN and then I am more
inclined to believe demand.

That being said I just sold a 1/25 variant for a $125 2 weeks ago......

26 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Now to be fair was this an auction or a BIN? I don't have time to look it up currently.

Auctions can be bring dumb prices from a bidding war. If its a BIN and then I am more
inclined to believe demand.

That being said I just sold a 1/25 variant for a $125 2 weeks ago......

It was an auction, but looking at other sales from the last few days, it doesn’t appear to be a very extreme outlier. A VF/NM copy sold for 50 today BIN, a few days ago what appears to be a BIN sold for $100 free shipping.

Honestly, I wasn’t even aware this was even a $20 book. Last I recall it was like $12-15.

Edited by BishopT

4 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

You didn't pick your username?

Is there a random generator when you sign up?

My first username had my real name in it so I asked CGC to change it. I gave the rep about 12 variations to try and he replied with "your new username is tacodog7." I asked if he could change it back at least and no reply. I'm going to try again in a few days, but I refuse to believe there was no combination of 'daredevil' and a # available.

If I were really wanting to make him do it, I would say there's kind of nasty racial connotation in this name he picked out for me (I am actually ethnic/mixed) and this could get CGC reported to the ACLU!

9 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

My first username had my real name in it so I asked CGC to change it. I gave the rep about 12 variations to try and he replied with "your new username is tacodog7." I asked if he could change it back at least and no reply. I'm going to try again in a few days, but I refuse to believe there was no combination of 'daredevil' and a # available.

If I were really wanting to make him do it, I would say there's kind of nasty racial connotation in this name he picked out for me (I am actually ethnic/mixed) and this could get CGC reported to the ACLU!

You can change your username yourself. 

14 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
24 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

Expand  

You can change your username yourself

Or he could start a thread asking the boards to help pick out a new username! hm

27 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
37 minutes ago, tacodog7 said:

Click on the big CGC logo in the top left of the screen ---> Click on "My CGC" ---> Click on "My Account" ---> Click on the pencil next to "Account Info"

26 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
55 minutes ago, Ryan. said:
1 hour ago, tacodog7 said:

Expand  

Click on the big CGC logo in the top left of the screen ---> Click on "My CGC" ---> Click on "My Account" ---> Click on the pencil next to "Account Info"

If you need any help, just ask @Jeffro.He might know something about that.

5 hours ago, tacodog7 said:

That's a pretty weird insult

Thank you! :acclaim:

5 hours ago, tacodog7 said:

late-stage Perez phoning it in

:screwy: Really? Even if that were the case (which it isn't), you called his covers hideous, which is ridiculous. It may not be the best work of his career (I believe he was already having health problems then), but it's not anywhere near bad and certainly not lazy (he's no Byrne). I liked a couple of Lee's covers better, which is why I had 2 Lee/5 Perez when I bought them new.

On 4/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Nice copy! I just did some quick digging online but yet to find any actual verification of this truly being a first full color TMNT ad in a comic. The same seller (who has high ratings) also has a 9.6 up for $500. hm

The $1.50 you paid is a steal. Raw online they have been selling for quite a bit more: new age comics 1 fantagraphics in Collectible Comics | eBay

It is the first, I have compared the guts and it predates issue 5 and Grimjack 26.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:15 PM, PeterPark said:

New Avengers 40 has popped, especially the newsstand and 2nd printings...

First appearance of Skrull Queen Veranke

That book upsets me, she first appeared in New Avengers 1.