• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I plan to watch it this week. Looks decent from previews to me. Plus, lack of Marvel series at the moment.

I spec'd on this and a few other Millar series back when NF bought his company. I think Reborn and Nemesis would be hits. I need to list my Jupiter's Legacy books, but I probably wont make much on them. Oh well.

Have any of his books really taken off, though? Secret Service didn’t budge with two movies (Kingsman) in the post-twd option hype world. Super Crooks hasn’t moved and there is a show coming. Neither books were printed in such crazy numbers as JL. 

I never really understood the lack of love on the secondary market for his books. Probably why I avoided JL back in the day. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 minute ago, sleeper13 said:

America Chavez 3 Made in USA 3 cover A and B.  Seems like all cheap copies have been scooped up from ebay.

First America Chavez sister Catalina and retcon of her origin.

So her brother is going to be named Brooklyn and her sidekick’s Rico

52 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Have any of his books taken really taken off, though? Secret Service didn’t budge with two movies (Kingman) in the post-twd option hype world. Super Crooks hasn’t moved and there is a show coming. Neither books were printed in such crazy numbers as JL. 

I never really understood the lack of love on the secondary market for his books. Probably why I avoided JL back in the day. 

Yeah, it is odd, but I figured the NF deal would move the needle if anything. I was in for just cover price on most of his stuff. I LOVED Reborn and bought into that one heavy. Lots of cover price purchases. If done well, it will be great. I got some of those signed by Millar when he was at C2E2.

Apparently Millar is pushing hard to get Magic Order back onto the silver screen even though Netflix passed on it. I guess that's his number one goal right now for Millarverse.

1 hour ago, sleeper13 said:

America Chavez 3 Made in USA 3 cover A and B.  Seems like all cheap copies have been scooped up from ebay.

First America Chavez sister Catalina and retcon of her origin.

If anyone here actually likes to read books this series is pretty fun lol they're handling the retcon of her origin in an interesting way so far. This is in my pull so I do have 1 copy already. Her sister also cameos in issue #2

20 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

If anyone here actually likes to read books this series is pretty fun lol they're handling the retcon of her origin in an interesting way so far. This is in my pull so I do have 1 copy already. Her sister also cameos in issue #2

I'm guessing they're changing things up to align with however they're deciding to handle her in the MCU?

1 hour ago, Tnexus said:

Apparently Millar is pushing hard to get Magic Order back onto the silver screen even though Netflix passed on it. I guess that's his number one goal right now for Millarverse.

I wish Magic Order was on Netflix.  So good.  A dark version of Harry Potter.

Patrick

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I wish Magic Order was on Netflix.  So good.  A dark version of Harry Potter.

Patrick

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/magic-order-series-netflix-mark-millar-1234967856/

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm guessing they're changing things up to align with however they're deciding to handle her in the MCU?

I don't know but I presume so. The actress they cast to play her in the Doctor Strange movie is only 15 which is definitely younger than America had been depicted as in previous iterations. 

The buzz around issue #3 is interesting. Definitely a new character that is presumably going to be important to America. These sorts of power-flip characters are consistently pretty popular... Captain Marvel and Black Adam... Superman and Zod... or Superman and Bizarro... my personal favorite Darkwing Duck and Negaduck... so I see some potential with the character but my read is that she's being backed by some more powerful character or organization. Maybe whoever is behind America's new origin. Who has been named, btw. I think that person + their org will end up being the Big Bag for this mini but maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe I should reread it?

20210509_191407.thumb.jpg.c5e0461de3ad319e3278183fe4d5f478.jpg

Think I'll throw some A+B cover sets up on Ebay tonight and see how they do :wishluck:

Edited by BoogieWoogie

Young Guns 2004

I have been in the habit of grabbing a copy of this book every couple months for the last few years... went to get back to the routine and it looks like they're going for $40 nowadays. Don't think it has really popped yet but it looks like there are finally some eyes on it

Isn't there a special cover for that one that is more rare? Different color web or something? I dont know much about that book, but always thought it was a cheap one.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Isn't there a special cover for that one that is more rare? Different color web or something? I dont know much about that book, but always thought it was a cheap one.

Yes, there's a red webbing variant that was limited to 3,000 copies. None of those appear to be the variant.

I don't see anything unusual here, those aren't sold listings. Asking $500+ for Stan-signed anything isn't unusual either. Doesn't always sell but people certainly ask.

13 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Young Guns 2004

I have been in the habit of grabbing a copy of this book every couple months for the last few years... went to get back to the routine and it looks like they're going for $40 nowadays. Don't think it has really popped yet but it looks like there are finally some eyes on it

I'm bullish on this book too. 

It's been stuck at $25 to $40 for a bit. 

Though I love it for Young Avengers, it has more going on then that. 

Patrick

Guess the book: 

image.thumb.png.c615fdf3f50b920fff2ed3b28d1e45d5.png

The above graph is for all 9.8 copies of this particular issue. Last sale over the weekend was $2,400.

2019 average - $386

2020 average - $648

11 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

So what is with this book?

8053B998-6A80-4B95-9067-F99FF98BE67E.png

Nothing should be except for a little nostalgia, which usually helps a book reach $100-200 in 9.8.  

CBSI did a pump and dump piece on it a few weeks back, so I'm not surprised to see people fomo'ing at the mouth and following whatever is churned out over there.

Edited by awakeintheashes

26 minutes ago, eddly said:

Guess the book: 

image.thumb.png.c615fdf3f50b920fff2ed3b28d1e45d5.png

The above graph is for all 9.8 copies of this particular issue. Last sale over the weekend was $2,400.

2019 average - $386

2020 average - $648

Red Sonja #1?

E: Misread this spike as being more recent... hmmm... is this Young Avengers #1?

Edited by BoogieWoogie