• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, eddly said:

Guess the book: 

image.thumb.png.c615fdf3f50b920fff2ed3b28d1e45d5.png

The above graph is for all 9.8 copies of this particular issue. Last sale over the weekend was $2,400.

2019 average - $386

2020 average - $648

Batman #423 or Hulk #340 ... neither are "modern" ... the only other book with that kind of trajectory that I can think of is Batman Beyond #1.  

10 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

Batman #423 or Hulk #340 ... neither are "modern" ... the only other book with that kind of trajectory that I can think of is Batman Beyond #1.  

You are right, I often combine copper into modern without thinking. My mistake. This is hulk 340.

23 minutes ago, eddly said:

You are right, I often combine copper into modern without thinking. My mistake. This is hulk 340.

I often wonder how close we are getting to a new age of comics?  Is this the cinematic age of comics?  I also wonder if collectors nostalgia for MCU properties will drive them towards the movie actor covers.  Obviously photo covers have long been red headed step children in the comic community, but the degree to which comics are intertwined with tv/movies is so much more substantial than ever before.  Also, I would kill for a Burt Ward batman photo cover and that show predated me.  Anyway, thanks for the fun.  I enjoyed it.   

12 minutes ago, Nico Esq said:

I often wonder how close we are getting to a new age of comics?  Is this the cinematic age of comics?  I also wonder if collectors nostalgia for MCU properties will drive them towards the movie actor covers.  Obviously photo covers have long been red headed step children in the comic community, but the degree to which comics are intertwined with tv/movies is so much more substantial than ever before.  Also, I would kill for a Burt Ward batman photo cover and that show predated me.  Anyway, thanks for the fun.  I enjoyed it.   

not that totally it's what this thread is about, but "maybe" I have Reeve's superman nostalgia although not really. Being born in 1981, the only thing I could look to History as a teacher is maybe TMNT #1 and or Transformers, so idk :foryou: but :wishluck::wishluck: 

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

Nothing should be except for a little nostalgia, which usually helps a book reach $100-200 in 9.8.  

CBSI did a pump and dump piece on it a few weeks back, so I'm not surprised to see people fomo'ing at the mouth and following whatever is churned out over there.

Oh okay thanks.  I was just wondering as Ben Reilly will always be my Spider-Man and I have a graded copy myself.  Might be time to list it then at a high price and see if someone bites.  I love the book but I’ll rebuy it when prices crash

On 5/9/2021 at 3:55 PM, Tnexus said:

Apparently Millar is pushing hard to get Magic Order back onto the silver screen even though Netflix passed on it. I guess that's his number one goal right now for Millarverse.

That's not what Millar said:
Well, here’s the good news, it was never killed. What happened was, we were planning to be shooting in Prague, and then, unfortunately, the end of last year, Prague became the hot spot for the whole of Europe.
https://deadline.com/2021/05/jupiters-legacy-mark-millar-magic-order-revival-ben-daniels-nextflix-interview-1234750471/

Edited by ygogolak

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

That's not what Millar said:
Well, here’s the good news, it was never killed. What happened was, we were planning to be shooting in Prague, and then, unfortunately, the end of last year, Prague became the hot spot for the whole of Europe.
https://deadline.com/2021/05/jupiters-legacy-mark-millar-magic-order-revival-ben-daniels-nextflix-interview-1234750471/

Yeah, I heard it was back in production again for Netflix series.

18 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Glad I held off on my Spidey Unlimited.

I just grabbed one more high grade copy at $14. The lower-priced ones were flying off eBay faster than I could refresh. Not sure why I sat and waited, should have bought a 9.8 when they were cheap. Oh well.

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

This variant blew up to $100.. I remember maybe a couple months ago I mentioned it was $40-60ish. December it was $5

C8029E57-6D85-45CC-AA16-03788B32C96A.thumb.png.9c3c13b244bb601ba178bf4ccbee0540.png

Rahazzah did the Black Widow #6 1:25 that's been going nuts. A few YouTubers have been saying he's underappreciated and I know one of them recently highlighted this cover in particular so...

Maybe this will help my Champions hip-hop variants heat back lol 

5 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Spider-man Unlimited 1 is finally starting to creep up since the Venom trailer dropped...

I literally bought one of these today for $1. LCS had some new stock they wanted out and I got to look before anyone else. All were $1 and that was very far from the best book I got today. But nice to hear it is moving!

17 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
6 hours ago, Jesse-Lee said:

Spider-man Unlimited 1 is finally starting to creep up since the Venom trailer dropped...

I literally bought one of these today for $1. LCS had some new stock they wanted out and I got to look before anyone else. All were $1 and that was very far from the best book I got today. But nice to hear it is moving!

Sold two in the last day, including a VFNM just now for $20 plus shipping.

Nice copies of Spiderman Unlimited 1 have been selling decently for a while. Here is one for $35 from Feb: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203281050922?epid=85492686&hash=item2f547ead2a:g:sqoAAOSwE4tgLD1c  Divad sold one for like that much a year or two ago, but yeah, prices were all over the place on it.